The Bible comes in handy when gays and lesbians are a target!!

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
Listening to C-Span this morning, was a hoot...everyone quoting the bible..everyone against same sex marriage, everyone hating the Justices.....all very entertaining to say the least......Amazing how proficient in bible verses, they all seem; when it comes to gays and lesbian, but the Thou Shall Not Kill and Love thy Neighbor, Feed the Poor, and on and on and on, the American Stupid just can't seem to adhere to and grasp...thats why I think people in this country are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites who should instead worry about their damned selves and let GOD be the judge. We shit all over poor people, treat minorities like animals, worship the dollar, could give a damn about babies unless their being aborted, I mean, The United States of America is the last frickin country on the damned planet who should invoke the bible when they don't like shit.

We're a nation of sinners and hypocrites and we don't have the right to judge anyone, until we accept all the bibles teachings, not just the shit that puts others in question.

You are a very confused individual. The Bible says to commit no murder, the KJ is a bad translation in places. You can love your neighbor but recognize his faults, whether he's a drunk, homosexual, liar, thief, racist, etc.

• Banned
You are a very confused individual. The Bible says to commit no murder, the KJ is a bad translation in places. You can love your neighbor but recognize his faults, whether he's a drunk, homosexual, liar, thief, racist, etc.

WTF???? Listen, I grew up Catholic and if anyone is versed in the Bible, dear, its us Cat gals....I may have generalized a bit, but my point is noted.

Don't read the Bible and just read the Tanakh...

The fact is many cherry pick what they want out of religion to further their agenda of hate, and that is the sad reality. They fear homosexuality based on words written by man and translated by man, but in reality what they should fear is the fact they lack the commonsense to understand what they are reading and know the hate they are spewing.

As time marches on the bigoted view against Same Sex marriage will be washed away with time and only remembered as a sad part in our history of a nation just like the banning of interracial marriage...

WTF???? Listen, I grew up Catholic and if anyone is versed in the Bible, dear, its us Cat gals....I may have generalized a bit, but my point is noted.
Your point was stupid and belonging to a religion and memorizing words without understanding their meaning doesn't make you a scholar.

Listening to C-Span this morning, was a hoot...everyone quoting the bible..everyone against same sex marriage, everyone hating the Justices.....all very entertaining to say the least......Amazing how proficient in bible verses, they all seem; when it comes to gays and lesbian, but the Thou Shall Not Kill and Love thy Neighbor, Feed the Poor, and on and on and on, the American Stupid just can't seem to adhere to and grasp...thats why I think people in this country are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites who should instead worry about their damned selves and let GOD be the judge. We shit all over poor people, treat minorities like animals, worship the dollar, could give a damn about babies unless their being aborted, I mean, The United States of America is the last frickin country on the damned planet who should invoke the bible when they don't like shit.

We're a nation of sinners and hypocrites and we don't have the right to judge anyone, until we accept all the bibles teachings, not just the shit that puts others in question.

We need to stop saying we are One Nation Under God, because we are not.

Worth mentioning that for all the "Christians" saying it's a sin yadda yadda, there are pleanty of other Christians who say it isn't. Jews and Muslims too.

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam aren't 'against homosexuality or gay marriage."

SOME Jews, SOME Christians, and SOME Muslims are against homosexuality and gay marriage.

That part was added to the indoctrination pledge to differentiate ourselves from the communists by these same people who feel they are anointed by god to speak for him on secular matters.

Left loons, they don't believe in God or the Bible then use it to try and promote their agenda. LOL Dopes
The christian right does not own the bible and does not have exclusive rights to use it for political purposes. The country is full of formerly religious people such as myself who abandoned organized religion because far too many religious people are such horrible hypocrites.

Left loons, they don't believe in God or the Bible then use it to try and promote their agenda. LOL Dopes
The christian right does not own the bible and does not have exclusive rights to use it for political purposes. The country is full of formerly religious people such as myself who abandoned organized religion because far too many religious people are such horrible hypocrites.

Ahhhh shaddup

This is the first thing you've posted where I'm in agreement.

Well, next thing on the agenda for the Liberals should be to change it. It's a lie.

Ahhhh shaddup

LOL what an excellent example of the kind of rebuttals I have come to expect from our social conservatives.

Ahhhh shaddup

LOL what an excellent example of the kind of rebuttals I have come to expect from our social conservatives.

Or I just don't have an interest in your nonsense? Yeah, that's it

The christian right does not own the bible and does not have exclusive rights to use it for political purposes. The country is full of formerly religious people such as myself who abandoned organized religion because far too many religious people are such horrible hypocrites

that's because you were not taught proper doctrine.

Christianity is about GOD not other people. If you based your Christian walk on how OTHERS (human's) act, no one would be a Christian.

Only GOD is perfect. People (Christian or not) will let you down. God never will.

Well, next thing on the agenda for the Liberals should be to change it. It's a lie.
No need to change it as that line in the pledge of allegiance is not actually a legally binding mandate to let the social conservatives rule our secular lives.

Forum List

Back