CDZ The best strategy, disarming law abiding gun owners, or keeping criminals locked up.

LOL. You just get sillier with every post.

If you think gun confiscation by government will get guns off the streets, you aren’t thinking.

well, let's look at that.

Japan. the UK, Germany, Italy, France- they all have strict gun control and have nowhere near the levels of crime and gun violence we have.

Could we eliminate it completely, of course not.

Can we make it a lot better than it is now? You betcha.
In case you are unaware, those nations you list never had the second amendment. Americans are armed to the teeth, so your totalitarian dreams of taking gun rights from all Americans, won’t work.

Think son. Think.

Moron...those are not, by definition, mass public shootings...

Whatever, guy... more than one person shot- Mass shooting. They count.

Wrong.....Americans understand a mass public shooting to be a random shooter in a public place with the only crime being the attack. This is what Americans fear the most, over gang related violence, because gang shootings occur in tiny areas of democrat controlled voting districts......and rarely effect normal people. The mass public shooter is even more rare...but because of the 24/7 coverage, Americans believe they happen more than they do and that they can be effected more than gang violence......this is not even close to true. Both types of violence are extremely rare for normal people.

However........because of the news coverage Americans fear mass public shootings more....which is why people like you hype them.....they allow you to stampede normal Americans into voting you power to take guns away from people who never use those guns for crime.

That is why you push the lie that there were hundreds of mass public shootings when in truth there were a total of 12, with only 93 killed........

If you think gun confiscation by government will get guns off the streets, you aren’t thinking.

Japan. the UK, Germany, Italy, France- they all have strict gun control and have nowhere near the levels of crime and gun violence we have.

They have different cultures, and the Japanese culture is insanely conformist, and obedient to police authorities.....something no American would tolerate here.....you have been shown over and over that it isn't their gun control laws that keep them from using guns...it is their culture and police state.

As to Europe....the criminals in Europe prefer fully automatic military weapons....Britain, can't stop the increasing flood of illegal guns into their country, and the only thing keeping them from having even more gun murder is their culture....their criminals rarely shoot to kill, they shoot other criminals as a punishment or warning......aiming at the legs, not the head or chest.....

You don't know what you are talking about.

Case in point........another shooting in Britain...they shot the guy in the leg, not the head or chest....

This was a targeted shooting....targeted in the fact they aimed specifically for the leg, not the chest or head, which is a cultural difference between American gang members and their British counter parts.......

Birthday party descends into violence as man shot in the leg

A 50th birthday party descended into violence last night when a man was shot in the leg inside a busy pub.

Residents described hearing "commotion" at The Swan pub, on Kingsway, Huyton , at around 11.30pm last night.

Merseyside Police said the 29-year-old victim "self-presented" at hospital with a gunshot wound to his thigh and is refusing to co-operate with detectives.

more than 2/3 of those die from SUICIDE not from guns

do you have these talking points reduced to keystrokes? Because you are getting repetitive.

you find 33,000 gun deaths acceptable. I don't. That's kind of the end of the conversation. Normally, I wouldn't have minded finding a middle ground of increased background checks, licensing, etc... but there's no arguing with fanatics whose go-to is "The Founding Slave Rapists said I can have this!!!"
No murder is acceptable but people have the absolute right to decide if they are going live or not

If you actually cared about the murder rate you would be talking about how to address the real issues that contribute to the most murders

But you don't do that do you?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

They have different cultures, and the Japanese culture is insanely conformist, and obedient to police authorities.....something no American would tolerate here.....you have been shown over and over that it isn't their gun control laws that keep them from using guns...it is their culture and police state.

As to Europe....the criminals in Europe prefer fully automatic military weapons....Britain, can't stop the increasing flood of illegal guns into their country, and the only thing keeping them from having even more gun murder is their culture....their criminals rarely shoot to kill, they shoot other criminals as a punishment or warning......aiming at the legs, not the head or chest.....

You don't know what you are talking about.
He certainly doesn’t know what he is talking about, but that doesn’t stop him.

more than 2/3 of those die from SUICIDE not from guns

do you have these talking points reduced to keystrokes? Because you are getting repetitive.

you find 33,000 gun deaths acceptable. I don't. That's kind of the end of the conversation. Normally, I wouldn't have minded finding a middle ground of increased background checks, licensing, etc... but there's no arguing with fanatics whose go-to is "The Founding Slave Rapists said I can have this!!!"
No murder is acceptable but people have the absolute right to decide if they are going live or not

If you actually cared about the murder rate you would be talking about how to address the real issues that contribute to the most murders

Whatever is the opinion of the corporate news media, Joe’s opinion will match it. He lets them think for him.

In case you are unaware, those nations you list never had the second amendment. Americans are armed to the teeth, so your totalitarian dreams of taking gun rights from all Americans, won’t work.

Think son. Think.

Second Amendment was about Well Regulated Militias, not every crazy compensating for his shortcomings.

The best argument for gun control is a five minute conversation with a gun nut.

Sure. Easy Access to guns. We have it and ahigh murder rate... other countries ban them and have low murder rates.

THIS ISN"T COMPLICATED>

Sure. Easy Access to guns. We have it and ahigh murder rate... other countries ban them and have low murder rates.

THIS ISN"T COMPLICATED>

Wrong...our gun murder rate went down as more Americans not only own guns but now over 18.6 million people now carry them for self defense...

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

The anti-gun and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

Britain...
More Guns = More Gun Crime
Britain had access to guns before they banned them.....they had low gun crime, low gun murder.
They banned guns, the gun murder rate spiked for 10 years then returned to the same level...
Your Theory again....
More guns = More Gun Crime
Guns Banned creates no change? That means banning guns for law abiding gun owners had no effect on gun crime.
When your theory states one thing, and you implement your theory, and nothing changes....in science, that means your theory is wrong...
-------

Maine tops ‘safest states’ rankings four years after removing major gun restriction

When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.

One state representative who opposed the bill went so far as to say it would give Mainers a reason to be afraid every time they went out in public or to work.

Another state representative suggested the law would lead to violent criminals with recent arrests and convictions legally carrying handguns.

-----

Now four years later, Maine has been named the safest state in the nation according to US News and World Report’s public safety rankings, which measures the fifty states based on crime data.

Ranking as the top safest state for violent crime and fourth for property crime, Maine edges out another New England state, Vermont, for the top spot. Of note, Vermont also is a “Constitutional Carry” state. New Hampshire ranks third in the national rankings, giving New England all three of the top spots in the nation.

In 2018, Maine was edged out by Vermont in the same “safest states” ranking, but declared the best state overall in the broader “Crime and Corrections” category.

In 2017, using a different methodology, Maine was ranked second among the fifty states in the “Crime and Corrections” category and also second in the categories used to rank the “safest states.”

The U.S. News and World Report “Best States” rankings are built in partnership with McKinsey & Company, a firm that works closely with state leaders around the nation.

Maine has also ranked at the top of other state rankings. WalletHub.com recently ranked Maine second in “Personal and Residential Safety” among the fifty states, and third overall.

THIS ISN"T COMPLICATED>
Easy?

Every time I ever bought a new gun the store owner had to get permission from the government to sell it to me.

Easy?

Every time I ever bought a new gun the store owner had to get permission from the government to sell it to me.

WHich just shows that the standards aren't high enough.

NEXT.
I am squeaky clean

Never even had one speeding ticket

I will pass any background check you can think of

I bet you are the one who can't legally buy a gun

I am squeaky clean

So are most of the people who end up being mass shooters.

Which tells me the background checks aren't strict enough.

Here's what I'd like to see. Background checks being they talk to your current and former employers, neighbors and family members before they let you buy a gun and ANYONE of them can veto it.

LOL which of course means we need to bend our wills to a man of the world like you.

Not at all.

The funny thing is, we could find sensible common sense gun laws that would still let most people own guns, not just huge arsenals to fight off the Zombie Apocalypse.

The Gun Lobby doesn't want that. They wouldn't make huge money. They want the crazies to have guns so you'll want them, too.

I am squeaky clean

So are most of the people who end up being mass shooters.

Which tells me the background checks aren't strict enough.

Here's what I'd like to see. Background checks being they talk to your current and former employers, neighbors and family members before they let you buy a gun and ANYONE of them can veto it.
Then you pay for it

And the OPINION of other people has no bearing on the exercise of any protected right

LOL which of course means we need to bend our wills to a man of the world like you.

Not at all.

The funny thing is, we could find sensible common sense gun laws that would still let most people own guns, not just huge arsenals to fight off the Zombie Apocalypse.

The Gun Lobby doesn't want that. They wouldn't make huge money. They want the crazies to have guns so you'll want them, too.
What business is it of yours what others own?

Forum List

Back