The Bailout Was A Bank Robbery

There is a movie coming out in November called the Big Short. Sounds like it's a movie about how the bankers basically pulled the largest bank robbery in world history. From the preview I just saw it looks like the movie is about how they did it. Tarp, too big to fail, it was all so obvious to me. I'm hoping this movie vindicates those who believe the rich and powerful have become too dangerous for democracy.

Only bank robbery in history where the money was repaid and the US Treasury made tens of billions.

There is a movie coming out in November called the Big Short. Sounds like it's a movie about how the bankers basically pulled the largest bank robbery in world history. From the preview I just saw it looks like the movie is about how they did it. Tarp, too big to fail, it was all so obvious to me. I'm hoping this movie vindicates those who believe the rich and powerful have become too dangerous for democracy.
Pretty sad when mega rich bastards had to be helped while the rest of those that pay those taxes got the shaft...
Teabaggers tried to stop it and you hated them for it

BTW they dont have to go to Congress next time since Congress passed a bail in they can just take your money..........have a nice day

Only bank robbery in history where the money was repaid and the US Treasury made tens of billions.
Yet somehow the rich got richer. Buy low and sell high.

Do you remember how many Americans lost their homes? Who bought their homes?

And what did the rich do when the stock market tanked? They bought more stock!

Pretty sad when mega rich bastards had to be helped while the rest of those that pay those taxes got the shaft...
Like libertarians they say 3 or 4 good things but the rest is unacceptable

riiggghttttttt....on one of the biggest issues of your lifetime you opposed them and now whine......I have no sympathy for people like you who cant tell the forest from the trees

riiggghttttttt....on one of the biggest issues of your lifetime you opposed them and now whine......I have no sympathy for people like you who cant tell the forest from the trees
Maybe if the tea party or libertarians weren't just as horrible if not worse than the GOP.

Yet somehow the rich got richer. Buy low and sell high.

Do you remember how many Americans lost their homes? Who bought their homes?

And what did the rich do when the stock market tanked? They bought more stock!

Yet somehow the rich got richer.

Yup. The "robbers" paid back the bailout, with tens of billions in profit to the US Treasury that they "robbed" and the rich got richer.

Thanks Obama!!

Maybe if the tea party or libertarians weren't just as horrible if not worse than the GOP.
Maybe if you could distinguish between what is important....and what is tertiary.......run into people all the time who claim to be social libs and fiscal conservatives who vote for libs because of social issues,,,,when I ask when they plan to vote on fiscal issues because time is running out ......they have no answer.......so take your medicine and quit whining

Maybe if you could distinguish between what is important....and what is tertiary.......run into people all the time who claim to be social libs and fiscal conservatives who vote for libs because of social issues,,,,when I ask when they plan to vote on fiscal issues because time is running out ......they have no answer.......so take your medicine and quit whining
I'm a worker. I believe the workers should share some of the profits. The Walton's do not.

I'm a worker. I believe the workers should share some of the profits. The Walton's do not.

As a worker you get employment, benefits and the opportunity to do a great job and advance, if you're a lazy ass you don't. Why would I as a businessman pay $15.00 bucks an hour for some lazy ass that's practically worthless?

But Obama said we had to. It was the only way.
TARP was passed during Boosh...
Like it really freakin' mattered.

TARP was passed by the FED. They threatened and blackmailed all the elected pols in D.C. with utter ruin if they didn't do it.

BushObamaLaughingItUp

I think if you look closer you'll see they only paid back fifty cents on the dollar or something like that.

So you gonna watch the movie?

Most of workers I see at the Super WalMart and little Walmart seem happy and busy.
Evidently you have never worked at a Wal Mart store..I worked for a warehouse in Bentonville in 1986 after getting out of the Army..The Army treated me better than Wal-Mart..They lie, cheat and abuse their employees...My ex worked at the store level since 2009, they treated her the same...It also depends on the management of the store how people are treated and usually, it's a cut throat operation...

Daughter works for Walmart...her main complaint is they still cant get her schedule right 6 monthes in....starting to wear on her. other than that she's happy as hell

The Waltons arent the economy or the bankers
They do have a deep vested interest in the economy of NW Ark..And they do run their bank Arvest.. Which does influence the economy here...
And did they get a bailout? and is your economy better or worse .......
Nope, the Walton business foundation has very, deep pockets...The economy in NW Ark is robust right now...I have no problem finding work as I will do whatever it takes to survive...

Forum List

Back