The Argument For and Against Raising the Minimum Wage to $15/hr

ZRoberts1991

Rookie
Feb 15, 2015
I hear a lot of people always discussing whether or not to raise the minimum wage, but it seems like everyone is so one-sided and rarely looks at the other end of the spectrum. I made a video that just stated the clear points that are always emphasized on both sides of the debate. I was wondering what your thoughts were on the points I made and your position on the issue itself?

Here's what I think.

The government has no business in interfering with a contract.

The government has no business in setting price ceilings, price floors, or wage floors and ceilings.

If you set the floor price above the market price you end up with an excess or glut. That is true whether the price is cheese, milk, wine, or low skilled labor.
Ergo we have far more unemployed and unemployable people at 8/hr than we did at 5/hr. And will have even more at 15/hr.

Here's what I think.

The government has no business in setting price ceilings, price floors, or wage floors and ceilings.
Yeah, let's remove all labor laws and let businesses do what they want, after all, it's fine through "contracts." Not like people have to sell their labor to survive..

He did rather bad at the argument against. It is rather clear what the host of the vid believes.

How did I do a poor job of explaining the against argument? Personally, I am against raising the minimum wage to $15/hr, not saying I disagree with your assessment, just not sure what else I could've stated that would've made the argument better?

Here's what I think.

Yeah, let's remove all labor laws and let businesses do what they want, after all, it's fine through "contracts." Not like people have to sell their labor to survive..
You've never sold anything in your life. Gd knows you've never worked.

Here's what I think.

Lol, our federal govt is running an 18 trillion dollar debt. You expect them to know about contracts? Are we on fantasy island?

Here's what I think.

Seriously? Sorry that you disagree with reality, but america and europe were shit holes before regulations and overwatch of business.

Here's what I think.

Lol, our federal govt is running an 18 trillion dollar debt. You expect them to know about contracts? Are we on fantasy island?
Yeah, how much debt was acquired thanks to invading the wrong country to get WMD's that never existed? The debt will never go away now.

Here's what I think.

Seriously? Sorry that you disagree with reality, but america and europe were shit holes before regulations and overwatch of business.

No they weren't but with massive regulations they're quickly becoming shitholes.

Here's what I think.

Yeah, how much debt was acquired thanks to invading the wrong country to get WMD's that never existed? The debt will never go away now.

Fair question, around 2 trillion. How much debt has accumulated under O?

Here's what I think.

No they weren't but with massive regulations they're quickly becoming shitholes.
Are you fucking kidding me? There is a reason labor unions were formed and supressed, a reason that the paris commune formed, workers fought for a 40 hour work week and they don't even have that yet, a reason pollution was horrid, where children were working to barely scrape by while their parents worked 60 hours a week for pitiful wages. You're a fucking idiot.

Here's what I think.

Iraq War To Remain A Significant U.S. Debt-Driver For Years To Come CHART

Here's what I think.

Quite alot thanks to the continuing wars

Newsflash living on $15 an hour would suck, do you libs think you are doing the poor a favor? You clowns will just raise taxes on them and steal the money anyway.

Here's what I think.

Not over two trillion dollars.

Not over two trillion dollars.
Factor in the bush tax cuts and afghanistan, and it's going to be a huge contributor unless we get out.

Here's what I think.

Are you fucking kidding me? There is a reason labor unions were formed and supressed, a reason that the paris commune formed, workers fought for a 40 hour work week and they don't even have that yet, a reason pollution was horrid, where children were working to barely scrape by while their parents worked 60 hours a week for pitiful wages. You're a fucking idiot.
News flash, the year is not 1915 , you brain dead commie moron.....

News flash, the year is not 1915 , you brain dead commie moron.....
I was addressing his point in regards to america being better before regulations for laborers.

Forum List

Back