The Americans

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
Has anyone else found themselves binging on this show? It's on FX, but Amazon Prime video has the first four or five seasons.

I'm in the middle of season three and this show seems to just keep getting better.

Has anyone else found themselves binging on this show? It's on FX, but Amazon Prime video has the first four or five seasons.

I'm in the middle of season three and this show seems to just keep getting better.
Watched it from the start.

Havent' watched last weeks episode, but will before tomorrows airs

Last edited:

Watched it from the start.

Havent' watched last weeks episode, but will before tomorrows airs
same here.....

Yeah...watched the first season and second......making Cold War era Soviet Spies and the Soviet Union the good guys......decided that left wing propaganda was too much....

I have watched the program since jump street and have found it interesting enough to keep watching... Maybe it is my extreme fascination with Kerri Russell...

upload_2017-3-15_13-20-34.png

Great show. I've been wondering lately how it's going to end. I don't think they'll get to go back to Russia. Either Stan will realize, bust them, and resign for being played right under his nose... or they'll turn themselves in, choosing their kids and America over the mission.

One interesting note from the show is how the characters talk about how they've realized how great America is. That's what makes me think they'll turn themselves in. Because they'll realize the USSR is wrong, and they want their kids to live free in the U.S.

Yeah...watched the first season and second......making Cold War era Soviet Spies and the Soviet Union the good guys......decided that left wing propaganda was too much....
What's it like to have no willing suspension of disbelief? What is life like when everything is taken literally? How much fun is it to be so committed to political partisanship and view everything through that cloudy, dark prism?

What's it like to have no willing suspension of disbelief? What is life like when everything is taken literally? How much fun is it to be so committed to political partisanship and view everything through that cloudy, dark prism?

Considering how much of entertainment pushes a left wing world view....it can be difficult......the new show "Taken" the muslim woman whose husband is possibly a terrorist bomber...starts bitching about the abuse and beatings they recieve as muslims in the U.S. ...considering this is probably the safest country in the world to be a muslim.....that gets old hearing it on show after show....even NCIS is pushing that crap now.....and the same night....the Show "Scorpion" was pushing the extinction of species and evil lumber companies and all that left wing crap on their show...on the same night.....then you have the late night comedians pushing the left wing talking points....

It gets old....

Just looked up the episode with the muslim guy we are led to believe is going to be a terrorist bomber......and no surprise...the guy has been kidnapped by Americans....and forced to wear the vest.......

The left pushes an anti-American agenda every chance they get...it is not coordinated...hollywood is just filled with children who hate this country and couldn't see the truth, facts, or reality even when they are themselves attacked by left wing fascists.....

Latest episode (I've followed this program from the beginning) SEEMS to be saying that Americans are planning to taint/poison agricultural products that are sold to the USSR, with the intention of causing large-scale disease and/or death.

I never heard of this, either as a plan or certainly as something that was actually done. OTOH, I doubt the writers would pull something like this right out of their asses, so maybe there is a grain of truth (play on words intended) in the story line.

I am a Conserva-tarian, but have not seen this as a LW propaganda tool. They show good and bad on both sides, and in fact, make the Commies look murderous and foolish frequently.

Considering how much of entertainment pushes a left wing world view....it can be difficult......the new show "Taken" the muslim woman whose husband is possibly a terrorist bomber...starts bitching about the abuse and beatings they recieve as muslims in the U.S. ...considering this is probably the safest country in the world to be a muslim.....that gets old hearing it on show after show....even NCIS is pushing that crap now.....and the same night....the Show "Scorpion" was pushing the extinction of species and evil lumber companies and all that left wing crap on their show...on the same night.....then you have the late night comedians pushing the left wing talking points....

It gets old....
dam.....next thing i know you are going to be saying you see the leftist agenda on the Originals.....

Latest episode (I've followed this program from the beginning) SEEMS to be saying that Americans are planning to taint/poison agricultural products that are sold to the USSR, with the intention of causing large-scale disease and/or death.

I never heard of this, either as a plan or certainly as something that was actually done. OTOH, I doubt the writers would pull something like this right out of their asses, so maybe there is a grain of truth (play on words intended) in the story line.

I am a Conserva-tarian, but have not seen this as a LW propaganda tool. They show good and bad on both sides, and in fact, make the Commies look murderous and foolish frequently.
Mad Magazine's Spy vs. Spy. Now there's propaganda. The show has anti-heroes. Think Breaking Bad with the Soviets as Walter White.

Chocolate-Easter-Eggs-PNG-233x279_zpsm4dkmcya.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back