The American Dream is out of reach

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
The American Dream is out of reach - Jun. 4, 2014

Some 63% of all Americans said most children in the U.S. won't be better off than their parents. This dour view comes despite most respondents, 54%, feeling they are better off than their own parents

The vast majority of Americans have higher incomes than their parents, but that's in large part because most families have two earners now, she said. Only half have more wealth

People also tend to be more pessimistic about the next generation's fortunes in general than their own children's prospects, Currier said. In Pew's polls and focus groups, parents say that it will be tougher for their children to succeed, but they still believe it's possible

Last edited:
well, write a letter to who's in CHARGE of us TODAY..

what do you expect when you have government stepping on our necks in every way possible

OR just blame everyone else like usual

Last edited:
well, write a letter to who's in CHARGE of us TODAY..

what do you expect when you have government stepping on our necks in every way possible

OR just blame everyone else like usual

See, now I would agree that people as stupid and blind as you should NOT vote.

This is what happens when Big Government and its Big Government Cronies suck all the oxygen out of the economy.

Some 63% of all Americans said most children in the U.S. won't be better off than their parents. This dour view comes despite most respondents, 54%, feeling they are better off than their own parents

The vast majority of Americans have higher incomes than their parents, but that's in large part because most families have two earners now, she said. Only half have more wealth

People also tend to be more pessimistic about the next generation's fortunes in general than their own children's prospects, Currier said. In Pew's polls and focus groups, parents say that it will be tougher for their children to succeed, but they still believe it's possible
This is the result of the continuing leftward motion of our society. Why do you want to put your failure on display like this?

This is what happens when Big Government and its Big Government Cronies suck all the oxygen out of the economy.

You'll never convince government lovers of that one

they still bitch about tax cuts given back to US

This is the result of the continuing leftward motion of our society. Why do you want to put your failure on display like this?

Interesting theory

Can you expand on it?

Our kids have been raised to work hard, sacrifice and depend on themselves. Not to make excuses, to look in the mirror when they fail. They're doing great, we're not worried about them a bit.

When I look at the decay around them, I feel terrible. So I try to console myself by knowing that they'll simply rise faster as so many others are making excuses and thinking that success and happiness are only for "someone else".

The American Left has succeeded in convincing many that successful people "didn't build that", they only got to where they are by getting lucky, having it given to them, or by stealing. What a horrible thing to do to kids, goddamn.

Not my kids.

Thank you, Baby Boomers. You are the most worthless, selfish, and destructive generation this country has ever seen.

You're really going to turn into a partisan pissing match? If you actually believe that only left contributed to this then you're part of the problem.

Thank you, Baby Boomers. You are the most worthless, selfish, and destructive generation this country has ever seen.

there's that blame others
they didn't make things good for you spoiled brats so just pee all over you grandparents and parents

Our kids have been raised to work hard, sacrifice and depend on themselves. Not to make excuses, to look in the mirror when they fail. They're doing great, we're not worried about them a bit.

When I look at the decay around them, I feel terrible. So I try to console myself by knowing that they'll simply rise faster as so many others are making excuses and thinking that success and happiness are only for "someone else".

The American Left has succeeded in convincing many that successful people "didn't build that", they only got to where they are by getting lucky, having it given to them, or by stealing. What a horrible thing to do to kids, goddamn.

Not my kids.

So easy to throw an entire generation under the bus

Most of the friends my kids grew up with are hard working and played by the rules. They went to college, joined the military, learned a trade. That used to be a pathway to success.

Most now have jobs but don't have careers. They have a job that pays a salary but not a career that they will be able to support themselves, raise a family, buy a house and someday retire

Well the Democrat version of the dream is public education, food stamps, Social Security disability and unemployed. I don't believe that's BETTER than most people, but again, we're talking about Democrats

Not my kids.

So easy to throw an entire generation under the bus

Most of the friends my kids grew up with are hard working and played by the rules. They went to college, joined the military, learned a trade. That used to be a pathway to success.

Most now have jobs but don't have careers. They have a job that pays a salary but not a career that they will be able to support themselves, raise a family, buy a house and someday retire

I think it's important that you help them blame someone else for that.

Most likely someone with an (R) after their name.

That'll improve their lives for 'em.

I kinda think the Millenials are seriously givin' 'em a run for their money, though.

Really? The Millenials ran up $17 trillion in national debt? The Millenials are running up the cost of health care and college tuition pushing it out of reach for many people? The Millenials are stealing from their future children and grandchildren so they can have it all today because they're too selfish and greedy to live within their means? Actually, no, they're the ones being stolen from.

Yeah, you fucking broke it all, but let's blame the kids who had little to nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

"You didn't build that".

"You didn't earn that."

"You only have that because you got lucky".

"You only have that because it was given to you".

"You should receive an award just for showing up".

"You live in a country that should be fundamentally changed".

"You are a victim".

"You only have that because you cheated to get it".

"You need the government to make life fair for you".

"You have no chance because of the color of your skin".

"You have an unfair advantage because of the color your skin".

"You have no chance because of your gender".

"You have an unfair advantage because of your gender".

"You have no chance because your parents aren't rich".

"You owe your success to roads and bridges".

"Your business needs more costs and regulations".

Holy shit, we pound this crap into them from Day One, and then we wonder why they under-perform. Our young people are listening. Why are we doing this to them?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back