The Amazing Race

Spoiler alert--for those of you who DVRed the finale last night and haven't watched it yet. . . I'm going to discuss the winner. . . . .

Okay. . . .so my favorite pair won and I was tickled for them though I was emotionally pulling for the blonds who didn't win anything for the whole race--no first place rewards, etc. The father/son had won at least three very nice first place awards.

But I had to wonder in the final edit of last night's finale. Didn't it seem they went way out of their way to make Rachel as obnoxious and unattractive as possible--zeroed in on her nastier side? Was that on purpose?

I think that it was because Brandon and Rachel decided to play dirty again. Trying to steal the girls cab. I'm glad that cab driver didn't do it.

Spoiler alert--for those of you who DVRed the finale last night and haven't watched it yet. . . I'm going to discuss the winner. . . . .

Okay. . . .so my favorite pair won and I was tickled for them though I was emotionally pulling for the blonds who didn't win anything for the whole race--no first place rewards, etc. The father/son had won at least three very nice first place awards.

But I had to wonder in the final edit of last night's finale. Didn't it seem they went way out of their way to make Rachel as obnoxious and unattractive as possible--zeroed in on her nastier side? Was that on purpose?

I think that it was because Brandon and Rachel decided to play dirty again. Trying to steal the girls cab. I'm glad that cab driver didn't do it.

Maybe. But leopards usually don't change spots from day to day. I just wonder if they didn't edit to make the Brenchel's more emotionally appealing there for awhile in case they won, and when they didn't, went back to the way they really are? I just found the complete flip flop interestig.

If course they did.
It's a TV show.
All of them are edited and have scripts.
All of TV is just for entertainment.
None of us who watch these shows really know what these people are really like.

I really didn't like the blondes, they kept mooching off the other teams, asking for help, they should have been gone long ago. I like the Father/Son, I guess. They worked hard.

Did I hear the father say he has to have chemo now?

I really didn't like the blondes, they kept mooching off the other teams, asking for help, they should have been gone long ago. I like the Father/Son, I guess. They worked hard.

Did I hear the father say he has to have chemo now?

All I heard was that both Father and Son were cancer survivors.

None of really know what Brendon and Rachel are really like.
I bet that Rachel was asked what they would do with the money if they won and she said something cute like " I could have a baby sooner and I would not have to wait till Brendon finishes college".
The Producers thought that was something they could use and they over did it. :)

From The Salt Lake Tribune:

. . . .It is the end of an unscripted story almost too good to be true. The O’Learys were forced to drop out of "The Amazing Race" a year ago when Dave ruptured his Achilles tendon; he had barely completed his recovery when they were invited to compete in this "All Stars" edition.

"Quite a comeback," Dave O’Leary said. "Quite a comeback," Connor agreed.

Oh, and they’re both cancer survivors. (David had prostate cancer; Connor had testicular cancer.)

"Three years ago, Connor was undergoing chemotherapy," Dave O’Leary said, "and shortly thereafter had blood clots and was in intensive care for seven days. We thought he’d lose his life. And to be able to be here with him now …"

The O’Learys had less race experience than any of the other 10 teams in this all-star edition of the race after being forced to drop out early in the fifth leg of their first go-round.

But Dave and Connor were more than up to the task, They won six of the 12 legs of the race, including the last four in a row.

Dave, 58, became the oldest winner in "Amazing Race" history; Connor, 22, tied for the youngest winner.
Scott D. Pierce: Utah father and son win ?Amazing Race? | The Salt Lake Tribune

Season 25 is on. I'm guessing most people who watched were pleased about the outcome of episode one.

And dear lord, the teeth. I may be having nightmares about them. Their cockiness could have been annoying, but since they could back it up, I kind of admire them.

Season 25 is on. I'm guessing most people who watched were pleased about the outcome of episode one.

And dear lord, the teeth. I may be having nightmares about them. Their cockiness could have been annoying, but since they could back it up, I kind of admire them.

I still find them annoying.:D

Oh wow, I had forgotten all about this thread. But Season 25 did kick off last Friday night--I wonder is it going to be on Fridays now instead of Sunday nights? Maybe they're trying to boost ratings by not having it compete with football? I don't know.

But anyway it does appear to be all new people this time and I'm liking that. The annoying twins from last season are on the current season of Survivor but they probably won't last long as they are already seen as expendable. (Note to self: need to revive that thread too.)

And Keith and Whitney in the Amazing Race were formerly on Survivor.

But we're off and running with The Amazing Race. That would be so much fun to do. :)

The cast:

tar-sept25.jpg

• Adam and Bethany are newlyweds from Hawaii. Bethany is a shark attack survivor whose inspirational story is featured on the film Soul Surfer. She serves as strong model for young women.
  • Kym and Alli are cyclists from NYC who also hope to inspire other women. They claim to be always on the go.
Amy and Maya are food scientists who are out to prove that they can have fun.
  • Brooke and Robbie are professional wrestlers who do not just want to dominate the ring but the game as well. This couple stands out because they are admittedly loud, confident and obnoxious.
  • Shelley and Nicki are mother and daughter flight attendants who were both in the army.
  • Engaged couple Keith and Whitney met and fell in love on the reality series Survivor. Their motto is to run the race and then run down the aisle.
  • Lisa and Michelle are sisters and partners at work. They claim to be the top realtors of Miami.
  • Gay couple Tim and Te Jay describe themselves as "cute, young and successful."
  • Michael and Scott are firefighters who think that their resilience and tenaciousness will take them to the finish line.
  • Misti and Jim are dentists who claim to be the total package. They are also confident that other teams don't stand a chance at winning against them.
  • Dennis and Isabelle admit that they are not the biggest team but they are the scrappiest.

Lisa and Michelle were the last to arrive at the finish line Friday night and were eliminated. Misti and Jim were first to arrive and won a coveted 'save' reward that they can use at any time in the game--if they are last to arrive on any leg and face elimination, they can use the 'save'. I will have to say that of all the teams, so far they are also my least favorite.

I love The Amazing Race. It was a great start Sunday.....sorry that Lisa and Michelle had to be eliminated...they shouldn't make the first leg an elimination....they had such a hard time with the compass and directions to find the chest....and most of them were so close to it. I like Adam and Bethany....she's got a lot of spunk, she seems to not be bothered at all by the loss of her arm, in fact, I think it has made her more determined. I love the places TAR takes them ...it's always fun to watch.

I love The Amazing Race. It was a great start Sunday.....sorry that Lisa and Michelle had to be eliminated...they shouldn't make the first leg an elimination....they had such a hard time with the compass and directions to find the chest....and most of them were so close to it. I like Adam and Bethany....she's got a lot of spunk, she seems to not be bothered at all by the loss of her arm, in fact, I think it has made her more determined. I love the places TAR takes them ...it's always fun to watch.

I agree that the first leg should not be an elimination leg. Give the last place team a road block or something so everybody has an incentive not to be last, but everybody should get to go for at least two legs of the race.

I'm with Sherry that when I was younger and much more physically fit that this is the one competition I would really like to have competed in.

Ep 2. Teams whining about how they'd prepped so hard for the race by watching every episode, so they didn't deserve to lose.

I don't know how much watching old episodes helps you prep. I suppose it teaches you to avoid some bonehead mistakes, like forgetting to tell the taxi to wait. Or checking your baggage in early, which prevents switching to an earlier flight that opens up. Or not using the express pass when you're way behind. The best prepping would seem to be hitting the treadmill.

It was interesting to see that a British about-face is performed differently than an American about-face, something I didn't know. Americans adjust feet and then spin, British spin and then adjust feet.

I like the Amazing Race but I wouldn't compete in it. Just those adventures down the side of tall buildings would keep me from doing it. The other competitions maybe..

I like the Amazing Race but I wouldn't compete in it. Just those adventures down the side of tall buildings would keep me from doing it. The other competitions maybe..

Yeah, I'm not sure I would be able to do some of the challenges.....but visiting all those different places that one would probably never get to do, and getting in there with the locals is way much more interesting than just being a tourist and doing the usual sites.

I like that nice couple that came in last this time. They lucked out as it isn't an elimination leg so they got their save card back. They were doing so bad in the comps and finally got a break from Phil. Did I ever say how adorable I think Phil Keoghan is? :)

I like that nice couple that came in last this time. They lucked out as it isn't an elimination leg so they got their save card back. They were doing so bad in the comps and finally got a break from Phil. Did I ever say how adorable I think Phil Keoghan is? :)

I guess somebody has to love them. LOL. I have found them to be way too smug and contemptuous of the other teams to be able to like them. And I was really looking forward to them having to give up their save, but darn it, it wasn't an elimination leg. I will concede, however, that they did handle coming in last in a pretty classy manner.

I guess somebody has to love them. LOL. I have found them to be way too smug and contemptuous of the other teams to be able to like them. And I was really looking forward to them having to give up their save, but darn it, it wasn't an elimination leg. I will concede, however, that they did handle coming in last in a pretty classy manner.

I'm with you. When the show started Friday, the first thing out of his mouth is how badass they are and how all the other teams know they are the team to beat.....I thought to myself, I hope they fall flat on their face. Well, I couldn't believe my eyes how badly they were doing on all the challenges.....and, too bad that it wasn't an elimination, even thought they had the save and wouldn't have gone home, at least they wouldn't have the "save" anymore. I hate smug people who think they are better than everyone else. I thought the two girls (bikers) were so cool and glad they were the ones to win the cars.

They did seem pretty humble last night. I never saw them mean so I don't know.

If course they did.
It's a TV show.
All of them are edited and have scripts.
All of TV is just for entertainment.
None of us who watch these shows really know what these people are really like.
Yes and no. All reality tv is scripted. Yes some of the idiots watching think it is real.

Forum List

Back