The AHCA will prove the Trojan Horse for the GOP

Since you continually dodge my questions I'll take it as a yes, you have zero problem with everyone paying the same for all kinds of insurance.

Good for you for digging in on your idiocy.

Car insurance is not health insurance.....your profound "analogy" is laughable

Never has been. You voluntarily drive a car. To drive it on public streets you need to be covered for liability.

You do not voluntarily "live". Pre-existing conditions generally have nothing to do with something you have control over.
So you love the free market as a solution to health insurance. A free market that punishes women, older people and those with bad genes and prices them out of the insurance market

The analogy isn't one of voluntary vs involuntary.

The analogy is one of risk

Should someone who is a high risk driver pay the same as someone who is not?

Yes or no?

For driving...YES
In order to live....NO

And the reason for the new driver to pay more is what? They pay more because they are a higher risk for having an accident.

Insurance is based on risk. Not feelings, not 'fairness'.

If I have no p/e's and cost $300/month to insure and you have a p/e and cost $900/month to insure (again, because your p/e makes you a higher risk that's why the cost is higher), how is it fair that we both pay $450?

Again....apples and oranges

When we talk about saving peoples lives, we are talking fairness

If left up to the accountants and actuaries at insurance companies, only the most healthy among us would be worth the "risk"
Why would an insurance company, trying to make a profit, insure a kid born with severe birth defects? Why would they insure women?(they have a tendency of getting pregnant) Why would they insure old people?

People at high "risk" have enough issues in their life. They do not need to make decisions on buying insurance or losing your house to pay for insurance.

Most other nations in the world would laugh at what you are proposing. It just confirms how callous and selfish Americans can be

More bleeding heart blather and projection.

Insurance is based on statistics, analysis, and risk.

Answer the question: how is it fair for person A to pay $150 MORE and person B (the higher risk) to pay $450 LESS? Why is person A being punished for something they don't have?

According to your logic, risk shouldn't even be a factor because feelings or something.

Car insurance is not health insurance.....your profound "analogy" is laughable

Never has been. You voluntarily drive a car. To drive it on public streets you need to be covered for liability.

You do not voluntarily "live". Pre-existing conditions generally have nothing to do with something you have control over.
So you love the free market as a solution to health insurance. A free market that punishes women, older people and those with bad genes and prices them out of the insurance market

Yes or no?

For driving...YES
In order to live....NO

And the reason for the new driver to pay more is what? They pay more because they are a higher risk for having an accident.

If I have no p/e's and cost $300/month to insure and you have a p/e and cost $900/month to insure (again, because your p/e makes you a higher risk that's why the cost is higher), how is it fair that we both pay $450?

If left up to the accountants and actuaries at insurance companies, only the most healthy among us would be worth the "risk"
Why would an insurance company, trying to make a profit, insure a kid born with severe birth defects? Why would they insure women?(they have a tendency of getting pregnant) Why would they insure old people?

People at high "risk" have enough issues in their life. They do not need to make decisions on buying insurance or losing your house to pay for insurance.

Most other nations in the world would laugh at what you are proposing. It just confirms how callous and selfish Americans can be

Answer the question: how is it fair for person A to pay $150 MORE and person B (the higher risk) to pay $450 LESS? Why is person A being punished for something they don't have?

According to your logic, risk shouldn't even be a factor because feelings or something.

Lets look at who is being punished

I went over twenty years without seeing a doctor. During that twenty years, I paid tens of thousands of dollars for health coverage I never used
Meanwhile, a coworker who had cancer receives over a million dollars in treatments and pays the same as I do

Guess what? I would rather be in my situation

Yes or no?

For driving...YES
In order to live....NO

I went over twenty years without seeing a doctor. During that twenty years, I paid tens of thousands of dollars for health coverage I never used
Meanwhile, a coworker who had cancer receives over a million dollars in treatments and pays the same as I do

Everyone would rather be in your situation. Life doesn't work that way.

You never used it? You paid for being covered! That's what insurance is for .. in case you do need it. smh The best case scenario is your situation. Everyone doesn't get the best case scenario because life just doesn't work that way, stop whining about it.

Why is punishing someone like you, by having you pay much more than your fair share, fine? Do you think that people without p/e's have all this extra money laying around and hey, sure, no problem just punish me for not getting sick, not a problem? Of course you do, you're a leftist and leftists always think someone else should be paying more, as long as it's not the group-of-your-choosing.

Again, insurance isn't about feelings or fairness. It. Is. About. Risk. And those who are a higher risk should pay more. Is that fair? Yes. Only in leftist (il)logic world is punishing someone because they aren't sick considered fair. smh

For driving...YES
In order to live....NO

You never used it? You paid for being covered! That's what insurance is for .. in case you do need it. smh The best case scenario is your situation. Everyone doesn't get the best case scenario because life just doesn't work that way, stop whining about it.

Why is punishing someone like you, by having you pay much more than your fair share, fine? Do you think that people without p/e's have all this extra money laying around and hey, sure, no problem just punish me for not getting sick, not a problem? Of course you do, you're a leftist and leftists always think someone else should be paying more, as long as it's not the group-of-your-choosing.

Again, insurance isn't about feelings or fairness. It. Is. About. Risk. And those who are a higher risk should pay more. Is that fair? Yes. Only in leftist (il)logic world is punishing someone because they aren't sick considered fair. smh

That's why we have government oversight

Because we don't want profit to be the primary motivator in our healthcare system. Insuring based only on risk ensures that only the healthy will have access to healthcare

I never saw anyone regulating you need to take care of another person

If you tell me I must give up some of the money I work for to take care of other people, that is regulating.
You pay taxes

The revenue is for We the People

Not if we don't want our revenue going there. That's why Trump is your president and the Republicans are in control of most branches of government. the defunding of Planned Parenthood was at the top of our list.

If you tell me I must give up some of the money I work for to take care of other people, that is regulating.
You pay taxes

Not if we don't want our revenue going there. That's why Trump is your president and the Republicans are in control of most branches of government. the defunding of Planned Parenthood was at the top of our list.
You get to vote for representatives who decide how your tax dollars are spent

Great country....huh?

Because we don't want profit to be the primary motivator in our healthcare system. Insuring based only on risk ensures that only the healthy will have access to healthcare

That's a lie. P/e's were mostly covered prior to the unaca, those on the individual market fell through the cracks. Insuring based on risk is how insurance works. Leave it to the left to again try to redefine the meaning of something. You believe punishing healthy people by having them pay for themselves and sick people is fair. The left is always about someone else picking up the tab.

That's a lie. P/e's were mostly covered prior to the unaca, those on the individual market fell through the cracks. Insuring based on risk is how insurance works. Leave it to the left to again try to redefine the meaning of something. You believe punishing healthy people by having them pay for themselves and sick people is fair. The left is always about someone else picking up the tab.
No....p/e's were not covered if you had been dropped and had to shop the open market

Having large insurance pools is how insurance works. Having pools with only the healthy is not the way to run a healthcare system

You pay taxes

You get to vote for representatives who decide how your tax dollars are spent

Great country....huh?

Yep, that's my point. Unfortunately in this country, people are allowed to vote on how other peoples money is spent on them which is totally unfair given the fact nearly half of the people in this country pay no federal income tax.

Forum List

Back