Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

1. The Indecisive
2. The Sentimental
3. The Macho
4. The Uncreative
5. The Panicky
6. The Fantasy-World Planners

Each is fleshed out in the article.....Too long to post.

I would add:

All those who are alone....The last thing they will see before the lights go out is someone from a group flanking them....Maybe. ;)

1. The Indecisive
2. The Sentimental
3. The Macho
4. The Uncreative
5. The Panicky

I would add:

All those who are alone....The last thing they will see before the lights go out is someone from a group flanking them....Maybe. ;)
A good series to read is the Foxfire series.

Amazon product

A whole lot of people that think they are prepared for a major economic and social upheaval or catastrophic event are going to find out that they are just as likely to be a casualty as other people.

I don't even worry about it. I am well armed and have tons of ammo and I have a real nice emergency hurricane preparation kit that is good for a couple of months but I have no illusion that I could survive a prolonged SHTF.

A whole lot of people that think they are prepared for a major economic and social upheaval or catastrophic event are going to find out that they are just as likely to be a casualty as other people.

I don't even worry about it. I am well armed and have tons of ammo and I have a real nice emergency hurricane preparation kit that is good for a couple of months but I have no illusion that I could survive a prolonged SHTF.
All they have to do is turn off the power and most people will fold like a cheap suit.

All they have to do is turn off the power and most people will fold like a cheap suit.
If it is a real SHTF only the people living in rural areas with the ability to grow and protect their own food will survive.

Protecting what they have will be the most important thing.

I live in a Florida subdivision. No ability to sustain. Once my stored food and other supplies run out I am pretty much screwed. The only saving grace is that I have tens of thousands of rounds of ammo. May be able to barter. Of course maybe the people I barter with will find some nefarious way touse the ammo I give them to shoot me and take the rest.

Of course I have been around for over seven decades with no real SHTF so maybe that luck will last a little longer.

However, with Potatohead and the Liberals working hard to screw everything up no telling what will happen.

If it is a real SHTF only the people living in rural areas with the ability to grow and protect their own food will survive.

Protecting what they have will be the most important thing.

I live in a Florida subdivision. No ability to sustain. Once my stored food and other supplies run out I am pretty much screwed. The only saving grace is that I have tens of thousands of rounds of ammo. May be able to barter. Of course maybe the people I barter with will find some nefarious way touse the ammo I give them to shoot me and take the rest.

Of course I have been around for over seven decades with no real SHTF so maybe that luck will last a little longer.

However, with Potatohead and the Liberals working hard to screw everything up no telling what will happen.

Just increased the size of my garden. Got a friend who has beef cattle, pork, lamb, poultry, dairy and honey. About the only thing I don't have is citrus, sugar and coffee, but they're easy enough to stockpile.

And two pit bulls.

1. The Indecisive
2. The Sentimental
3. The Macho
4. The Uncreative
5. The Panicky

I would add:

The first to go will be the urban fat asses.....They'll have no idea what to do when the grocery store runs out of Hot Pockets, Cap'n Crunch, and soda.....They'll quickly get picked off when they turn to looting.

You obviously don't live in the Midwest.
The rural midwest is loaded down with resourceful people who plan ahead, know their neighbors, and can organize quickly through community groups when real challenges arrive.

The average urban schlepp or thug won't stand much of a chance once they get past the exurbs.

I've always said that preppers are just gathering supplies for other people.

The thugs don't know who has prepped and who hasn't.

They will kick in my door the same as yours.

Have you prepped for that eventuality? I have!

Do you thunk they know which preps I have "tainted"?

Even if they kill me...That will cost them dearly! :muahaha:

What a cool idea! Make a small "pantry" full of poisoned food while you keep your good stuff in a less accessible spot!

I have a neighbor who is really a lousy, careless canner, who is always bringing me her canned goods, which I wouldn't eat in a million years. Store them in a place that will act as a decoy for thieves! Here you go, boys. Eat 'em in good health!

I live and thrive in a remote river swamp where wild food is plentiful and it's very easy to hide should the need arise. In the event of some sort of collapse the winners will be those who can put some stuff in a backpack and head for the hills (or swamp) and remain there for an extended period. The people who think they can stay in their house with a stockpile of goods are fooling themselves.

1. The Indecisive
2. The Sentimental
3. The Macho
4. The Uncreative
5. The Panicky

I would add:

Simpler than that , OP .

Around one third behave like rabbits paralysed in the headlights of an oncoming car . All dead .
Another third run around like headless chickens -- lots of noise but sanity gone . All die
The remaining third have a chance of living .

Based on research .And the only guide that I am aware of .

BTW It's smart to be rid of women and children who cause many problems and more deaths .
Selfish narcissists with psychopathicic predispositions do well .

Forum List

Back