Down Syndrome Barbie - your thoughts?

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Road Runner had a thread on this previously..........but I'd like to expand on it.

Is this something HELPFUL or HARMFUL?

Is Mattel just jumping on the "make a billion bandwagon" here???

Or do you think Mattel is genuine in what they have done?

Mattel has done "handicapped" dolls in the past..........but you know its for the money.
I mean, even if the doll doesn't sell, they haven't lost anything, since they are a billon/trillon dollar company.

What is your opinion of this???
hjt05_c_23_46-98771c9fbce8ec65d11cf2df7a21f39d1a259b81-s1100-c50.jpg

Some talking points...........besides Mattel making mint on this doll.............

Dolls are just that, dolls......a TOY. Toys are supposed to help kids with building their imaginations.
Isn't giving them a "real life" doll contrary to development of building their imaginations?

Isn't this flagrant "ism"? Mattel doing Down Syndrome, but ignoring all others?
Sure Mattel has done Wheelchair Barbie in the past, but there are hundreds, if not thousands of other syndromes and handicaps out there.
Isn't this just more hypocrisy thrown in peoples faces?

Is this just the promotion and propaganda for a one-sided condition, so the Down Syndrome organizations can rake in some cash?

Road Runner had a thread on this previously..........but I'd like to expand on it.

Mattel has done "handicapped" dolls in the past..........but you know its for the money.
I mean, even if the doll doesn't sell, they haven't lost anything, since they are a billon/trillon dollar company.

Some talking points...........besides Mattel making mint on this doll.............

Dolls are just that, dolls......a TOY. Toys are supposed to help kids with building their imaginations.
Isn't giving them a "real life" doll contrary to development of building their imaginations?

Sure Mattel has done Wheelchair Barbie in the past, but there are hundreds, if not thousands of other syndromes and handicaps out there.

Is this just the promotion and propaganda for a one-sided condition, so the Down Syndrome organizations can rake in some cash?
Like islamics who reel against reproducing their god's image, this Barbie also tries to force media prisoner perception into a Masonic Doctor's template.

Money, Money, Money.

It's the only word.

At least she's not garishly made up like the other Barbies. I met a nurse who looked like the real Barbie, back in the late 80's, and if you got close, your first impulse was to grab a spatula and scrape off all that makeup.

Downs syndrome is grounds for instant abortion which is why there are so few with downs. Iceland is proud of aborting 100% of babies with downs syndrome. They claim to have eradicated the condition.

This doll not only doesn't make a lot of sense but seems to be dangerously pro life.

Interesting. I have learned something new today!!!!
Thanks.

My question now is..........WHEN can you genetically tell if a fetus has DS?
Can this also be caught with both parents having DNA tests BEFORE conception????

Interesting. I have learned something new today!!!!
Thanks.

My question now is..........WHEN can you genetically tell if a fetus has DS?
Can this also be caught with both parents having DNA tests BEFORE conception????
You can DNA test parents to see if either carry the gene. After conception an ordinary and routine amniocentesis test will tell you instantly if Downs is present.

They should do fentanyl addicted aids infected pregnant barbie
Id buy one

If they went overboard and made a really retarded looking ken doll with super retard strength action ...i totally buy one of those

I'd take it out of the box and start playing with it ....ya gotta do the voice

Who could resist

Downs syndrome is grounds for instant abortion which is why there are so few with downs. Iceland is proud of aborting 100% of babies with downs syndrome. They claim to have eradicated the condition.

This doll not only doesn't make a lot of sense but seems to be dangerously pro life.
Hysterical jibberish.

And they haven't eradicated anything but babies.

Dumbass

They should do fentanyl addicted aids infected pregnant barbie
Id buy one

If they went overboard and made a really retarded looking ken doll with super retard strength action ...i totally buy one of those

I'd take it out of the box and start playing with it ....ya gotta do the voice

Who could resist

I used to know a woman who did a sculpture of a tore-up trailer park Barbie. It was wonderful! Gritty and honest, unlike actual Barbie.

I couldn't find it online, but I found this, Fun!

Also saying aborting every baby with down syndrome is eradicating the horrible defect is like me murdering every patient with aids and claiming I cured the disease.

You people are certifiable morons

That shit is retarded.

Do I think that making such a doll is a good idea? In a way it is because the health condition then does get some recognition and those who have it will then feel included instead of being left out, but then again there are those who do not want to be labeled in such a way. Some people with special needs may only make it their life's mission to be like everyone else as much as a person in their position can and so maybe making a doll that resembles their true way of life isn't the best thing to do.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back