The 47% Strawman

LOL.

images

Are you fucking retarded?

You could give me 10 trillion dollars and I would never let you get within 10 feet of a kid I'm responsible for, let alone buy a kid.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Either that or you don't know what the meaning of the analogy....

Lol, fuck you're slow. I bolded the part which I was referring to. Not the part that was completely an utterly fucking dumb. But then again if you were actually serious about that part, then well you have bigger issues than just being full of shit.

You didn't bold it in your original rebuttal (if you wanted to call your little picture that :lol:).

So 8% for all? And what do you think that means to someone making less than $20,000 a year? Do you think that $1,600 they no longer have will have a significant impact on their life?

And now that those that are better off are only paying 8% what will that do to our nations deficit and the money we owe?

Seems like 8% will only hurt the poor and hurt or country even further by increasing our deficit. No?

SUBJECTIVE ARGUMENT being interjected AGAIN...

What it MEANS is different for EVERY person...

You sound like Reverend Lovejoy's wife...

"Won’t somebody please think of the children?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Still waiting for you to show me the first homeless shelter that hands out yachts or trips on private planes before food and shelter. Again, basic needs are not subjective, thats what makes them basic.

Jesus, the problems with our country are on full display every time you post.

I bet you will claim you're not a Marxist, even after what you just asserted.

You're so fucking dumb...

You're the problem with society...

Who says I'm poor??

I'm content with my position and generally a humble individual..

You know what?? 35 year-olds shouldn't be working a fucking Burger King.

LEARN A FUCKING SKILL SOMEONE WANTS AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE MONEY PROBLEMS..

Believe me, I know times are difficult in this progressive liberal induced economy - however that is NO REASON to no learn a skill or trade that is in demand..

Learn fucking something...

A philosophy major and 175,000 dollars of student loans won't do you any good in the real world...

However, like I have previously stated some people are dumb and others are intelligent..

The dumb complain, argue and lack the required intelligence to acknowledge my aforementioned ideas.

Given that notion alone the complaining will never end.

You may not be poor, but you aren't rich either. And THAT according to you is just because you're lazy. Becoming rich in this country is easy or it is if you put your mind to it. Right? So why are you so lazy? Oh, thats right, you don't care about money. :lol:

How am I suppose to have an honest conversation with someone who can't be honest with me and is obviously not even honest with himself.

You do realize that certain professions pay X amount max??

Sure do. Do you? You realize that there are some very basic jobs out there that don't pay very much but require a lot of work? Hard work even at jobs that help keep this country going. They aren't glamorous jobs but "someone has to do it" and these people do, all while they make peanuts and people like you tell them they are moochers and just need to "work harder". These people very often don't make enough to pay federal income taxes "gasp". But yeah, you're right....they should probably just work harder and earn that million dollar salary....just like you......:eusa_eh:

Are you fucking retarded?

You could give me 10 trillion dollars and I would never let you get within 10 feet of a kid I'm responsible for, let alone buy a kid.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Either that or you don't know what the meaning of the analogy....

Lol, fuck you're slow. I bolded the part which I was referring to. Not the part that was completely an utterly fucking dumb. But then again if you were actually serious about that part, then well you have bigger issues than just being full of shit.

You didn't bold it in your original rebuttal (if you wanted to call your little picture that :lol:).

Sorry, didn't realize I had to spell out the obvious to you.

SUBJECTIVE ARGUMENT being interjected AGAIN...

What it MEANS is different for EVERY person...

You sound like Reverend Lovejoy's wife...

"Won’t somebody please think of the children?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Still waiting for you to show me the first homeless shelter that hands out yachts or trips on private planes before food and shelter. Again, basic needs are not subjective, thats what makes them basic.

Maybe you shouldn't butt in to conversations you don't understand.

Then again, Dave is a part of this conversation and he doesn't understand either....so why not, welcome aboard.

You may not be poor, but you aren't rich either. And THAT according to you is just because you're lazy. Becoming rich in this country is easy or it is if you put your mind to it. Right? So why are you so lazy? Oh, thats right, you don't care about money. :lol:

How am I suppose to have an honest conversation with someone who can't be honest with me and is obviously not even honest with himself.

Sure do. Do you? You realize that there are some very basic jobs out there that don't pay very much but require a lot of work? Hard work even at jobs that help keep this country going. They aren't glamorous jobs but "someone has to do it" and these people do, all while they make peanuts and people like you tell them they are moochers and just need to "work harder". These people very often don't make enough to pay federal income taxes "gasp". But yeah, you're right....they should probably just work harder and earn that million dollar salary....just like you......:eusa_eh:

Apparently you don't get the whole LEARNING idea.

If you don't want to do a job in which you feel "exploited" then LEARN TO DO SOMETHING ELSE..

Then you wonder why you make shit for doing remedial work??

Remedial work is for remedial people..

High School kids should be scrubbing toilets and serving burgers - NOT ADULTS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Then again, Dave is a part of this conversation and he doesn't understand either....so why not, welcome aboard.

Understand what?

That you're a mental midget?

I do understand that you're too fucking stupid to do anything but flip burgers and you want my sympathy and you also want government to subsidize you.

Oh believe me I totally understand your fucked up position - yet it's not my fault you're either lazy or stupid.

If you don't want to do a job in which you feel "exploited" then LEARN TO DO SOMETHING ELSE..

I get it, you look down upon the poor and the people doing those commoner jobs. But the fact is that someone still needs to do those jobs. The pay isn't getting better for those jobs and they still need to be done. So where does that leave us? Your ideas are still half baked and you have really no clue what the real world is like.

Understand what?

That you're a mental midget?

I do understand that you're too fucking stupid to do anything but flip burgers and you want my sympathy and you also want government to subsidize you.

Oh believe me I totally understand your fucked up position - yet it's not my fault you're either lazy or stupid.

Let's see you've called me a Marxist, mental midget and according to you I'm stupid and flip burgers. Right? Feel better?

Keep tossing those insults and falling back on personal attacks, it lets me know that you're running out of steam.

Hey, we can't be all as talented as you. I mean with those photoshop skills that you used to make your avatar, I don't know how you haven't made millions already. Are those some of those skills you said that someone should learn?

Baloney. We pay our teacher's aides diddly squat. Some are married and do it because they love it and it's supplemental income. Some are single and do it because they love it and work another job. And some are single, poor, hate it, and complain. I say "Why don't you go back to school to be a teacher?" and they say "No thanks". Sorry. No sympathy. It's a part time job that requires few skills ex. patience. There are lots of people who would take their place.

Baloney. We pay our teacher's aides diddly squat. Some are married and do it because they love it and it's supplemental income. Some are single and do it because they love it and work another job. And some are single, poor, hate it, and complain. I say "Why don't you go back to school to be a teacher?" and they say "No thanks". Sorry. No sympathy. It's a part time job that requires few skills ex. patience. There are lots of people who would take their place.

Not sure what your point is, but thanks for sharing? :confused:

I get it, you look down upon the poor and the people doing those commoner jobs. But the fact is that someone still needs to do those jobs. The pay isn't getting better for those jobs and they still need to be done. So where does that leave us? Your ideas are still half baked and you have really no clue what the real world is like.

First off, I'm a church going and practicing Catholic and the only people I look down on are individuals who abuse their own intelligence and potential.

Not to mention if one sticks with ANY job for long enough they will go places and make money.

My Godfather is a fippin janitor and he stuck with his job for the last 25 years and he makes 40 bucks an hour.

Point being is you start out as a scrub anywhere you go, however eventually - if you're a good employee and stick with the script - you will get promoted.

First off, I'm a church going and practicing Catholic and the only people I look down on are individuals who abuse their own intelligence and potential.
"Remedial work is for remedial people.."

Yeah, you're right you don't look down on people. Not everyone is as smart as you unfortunately.

Not to mention if one sticks with ANY job for long enough they will go places and make money.

My Godfather is a fippin janitor and he stuck with his job for the last 25 years and he makes 40 bucks an hour.

Point being is you start out as a scrub anywhere you go, however eventually - if you're a good employee and stick with the script - you will get promoted.

Does your godfather know you think he is a remedial person? Sure, people get promoted, but I don't think the average janitor makes $40 per hour. You said yourself, jobs have a max salary on them and a lot of those max salaries aren't very much. Even when someone gets promoted they don't become millionaires, many people will never break out of the lower middle class no matter how good they are at their job.

Ah it's you. Cowards hide behind the anonymity of the net and claim they deferred taxes etc... Real people don't have to. Google my name and I'm the first three entries. Look at my profiel and waddya know, our corporate website! Your turn. What? You can't? You're just SO important that the Rockafellers would be upset if you did?
You may now continue being full of crap. Not that that is surprising.
Oh, and you deferred NINETY PERCENT of your income? yeah okay... Oh wait. You couldn't do THAT could you? Seems the law is designed specifically to be advantageous to those who can defer an enormous percentage of their income doesn't it? NM. Kool-aid clouds the thinking.

I averaged my taxes when I got a reenlistment bonus while I was in the Navy. That was pretty common back when Reagan was president, even if the rules are different now. Want to try again, or do you want to throw up more logical fallacies?

Just because you have a corporation does not mean you understand taxes. The one thing I learned when I studied taxes in school was that all businessmen should have a CPA on retainer. Go talk to your CPA and ask him how to get a tax break for moving a business overseas. After he tells you that no such break exists feel free to come back here and apologize for trying to act like you know what you are talking about.

Sounds like your CPA should be apologizing to you. Or simply fired.

A look at the world's new corporate tax havens - CBS News

Is there something in that article that says you get a break on your taxes here if you move your jobs to another country? Didn't think so.

I'm a capitalist. Hell, I'm a business-owner and a REAL job creator in that, everyone I hire is actually American.
So I watch FOX and then I see the parroting on this and other boards about how "OMG! How can they ask the Rich to pay more in income tax?!?! 47% of Americans don't even pay taxes!"
This is a pretty good strawman. It's deceitful as hell, combines truth with lies and uses some great misdirection to get attention of the real crux of the issue.
1. Those 47% do pay taxes. They pay them every time they buy things etc... We're just at a point in our history where so many people are broke, they don't pay income taxes.
2. The Effective Rate thing. They use the 47% don't pay taxes as if it applies to the Middle Class. it doesn't. Ask yourself this question: Do youpay taxes? About what percent do you pay? If it's more than 18%, you're paying more than millionaires or most business-owners. If it's more than 0%, you're paying more than many international companies that are based in the USA. Do people like me, who employ 100% American workers, get special tax loopholes from the government? Do we get special consideration, investment, tax credits, subsidies or breaks? Nope. Who does? Companies that ship jobs overseas. Do those companies ship jobs to say, India for tax reasons? The rate in India is 33% and the average effective rate is higher than the USA. So no, that's a bill of goods that is being bought by a lot of people lately.
3. "But everyone has the same laws so the rich don't get anything that others can't have! They're just smarter!" This is completel bs. Could you have your boss "hold" 90% of your pay for a few years, so you won't have to pay taxes on it? Of course not. Our tax code is specifically designed to be unfair. Income deferments, Stock options, insurance etc... are all things that "anyone" can use but practically speaking, someone making $50K a year can't live on $5K a year. But someone making $20 MILLION a year can probably scratch by on $170,000 a month.

So yes. Our tax system is unfair. It offers loopholes to "everyone" - that only the rich can afford to use. This is the only country I've ever lived in, where people will actually say "Oh those poor rich people, THEY are the ones needing protecting!" .
Now they're talking about eliminating the deduction for mortgage interest. Does anyone NOT see the long-term consequence of such follishness? Some day historians will look at this period at our history and say "That's when the Middle Class that used to exist in America, voted themselves out of existence."

Don't worry independent. Obama only wants to eliminate the mortgage interest deduction for the "evil rich". :cuckoo:

President Barack Obama has proposed to limit the deduction for home-mortgage interest as part of a proposal to limit several popular deductions for families with more than $250,000 in yearly taxable income and individuals with more than $200,000.

Want To Save $215 Billion? Eliminate the Mortgage Deduction - Developments - WSJ

Punish the rich. Destroy the housing market. Cripple the banks. It's all part of the program. :evil:

Question for you: How would you save 215 billion without as you say punishing anyone?

Cot the Congressional office budget by $500,000, if one Senator can save that much all by himself none of them need that much money. That would save a bit more than your goal, and not hurt anyone.

Rand Paul returning $500K in office budget to Treasury - POLITICO.com

The tax code is a huge document which I suspect no one who posts on this message board fully understands. Maybe no one does. But the consequences are obvious to all of us, we spend too much based on the revenue we generate.

Rather than deal with that problem, the Congress defaults to blaming the other party and past pols. Start with the real problem, members of congress accept bribes and only the wealthy can offer enough incentives to impact legislation.

Before any of our problems - and there are many - can begin to be solved we need to make campaign donations illegal and subject to imprisonment.

As the man said, it is really that simple. Make the job a job someone who cares about our nation and its people would want; pay them well and provide housing in The District and transportation to and from their district, restrict campaigning to 90 days before elections and make slander and libel felonies, crimes which upon conviction require not less than one year and one day in prison and the loss of the privilege to vote, run for office or hold any governmental job in the future.

You do know that fees and excise taxes are not sales taxes, don't you? Since I was specifically addressing one idiotic posters assertion that people who pay sales taxes still pay federal income taxes, which is what he is trying to talk about, you coming in and moving the goal posts only serves to make my point for me.

By the way, your "solution" is even dumber than the politicians blaming the other side. Ignoring the Constitution just because you don't like the way the other side takes advantage of it is what got us into this mess, making it illegal to follow it is just another step in the wrong direction.

I averaged my taxes when I got a reenlistment bonus while I was in the Navy. That was pretty common back when Reagan was president, even if the rules are different now. Want to try again, or do you want to throw up more logical fallacies?

Just because you have a corporation does not mean you understand taxes. The one thing I learned when I studied taxes in school was that all businessmen should have a CPA on retainer. Go talk to your CPA and ask him how to get a tax break for moving a business overseas. After he tells you that no such break exists feel free to come back here and apologize for trying to act like you know what you are talking about.

Sounds like your CPA should be apologizing to you. Or simply fired.

A look at the world's new corporate tax havens - CBS News

Now you did it. You scared it away.

From 2001 to 2008 millions of jobs were moved to China and thousands of US factories closed down. The Chamber of Commerce, funded by the Chinese, Indians and Russians, mostly the Chinese, gave seminars across the US in major cities to teach American business how to "outsource" to China and other countries. You could print out the invitation and show up to the seminars. I've linked to it a dozen times.

Republicans say, "Democrats do it to". Some do, no doubt about it. But the COC gives to Republicans 9 to 1 over Democrats for a reason.

Why these Republicans on this board defend the rape of American Manufacturing is beyond me. And they applaud the screwing of the American Middle Class, calling it, of all things, "good capitalism".

Can you point to anywhere where I blamed anyone for jobs going overseas? What I clearly said is that companies do not get tax breaks from the US to ship jobs overseas, and I challenged Illogical to prove me wrong. I challenge you to do the same thing, show me that Obama did not lie. Show me how US companies get tax breaks from the government for shipping jobs overseas. Prove to me that Obama knows what he is talking about when he says he wants to eliminate those tax breaks.

I dare you.

Funny how the rw's defend Mitten's not paying income taxes because he had no wages but despise other Americans who do do not pay income taxes because they had no (or not enough) wages.

Hypocrites.

He loves to fire people.

You would think that Republicans would love people after reading their "mystical texts". Guess I was wrong.

No, he loves to be able to fire people. So do you.

Forum List

Back