The 47% Strawman

And nice job avoiding my question again. So I'll ask again. Which part "doesn't matter"? That your proposal would make things harder for the poor or that your proposal would hurt our debt situation even further. Try and not go off on a tangent this time and actually answer the actual question asked.

It doesn't matter because wealth is not FINITE..

It's not like our economy is a bag of M&M's and there is a FINITE amount of M&M's and a select few get the majority of the M&M's while others get none or maybe a few if they're lucky.

I would suggest before you make an argument about taxation or capitalism in general that you should - AT LEAST - understand the model.

Right now you're just blabbering emotional nonsense about income inequality..

Hmm, so taxing the poor more doesn't matter?
or
Our debt doesn't matter?
or
Neither matter?

I'm just trying to get an understanding here. Educate me please oh wise one. Since it's so obvious that I don't get it. I 'd like to understand which of the above, according to your expert opinion, "doesn't matter".

I never EVER advocated or said "tax the poor more."

You're just making shit up like the typical DELUSIONAL progressive does.

In reality our debt doesn't matter - not in a favor bought globalist economy.

I mean, do you actually believe China wants to be repaid??? hell no, what they want is steel and jobs so their authoritarian government can continue to profit off their citizens while they build an empire.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter because wealth is not FINITE..

It's not like our economy is a bag of M&M's and there is a FINITE amount of M&M's and a select few get the majority of the M&M's while others get none or maybe a few if they're lucky.

I would suggest before you make an argument about taxation or capitalism in general that you should - AT LEAST - understand the model.

Right now you're just blabbering emotional nonsense about income inequality..

or
Our debt doesn't matter?
or
Neither matter?

I'm just trying to get an understanding here. Educate me please oh wise one. Since it's so obvious that I don't get it. I 'd like to understand which of the above, according to your expert opinion, "doesn't matter".

I mean, do you actually believe China wants to be repaid??? hell no, what they want is steel and jobs so their authoritarian government can continue to profit off their citizens while they build an empire.

So neither matter?

And when you advocate for a 8% flat tax you are in fact advocating increasing taxes on the poor. It's good to know that your stance is that increasing taxes on the poor doesn't matter and that or debt doesn't matter either. Phew! Those are too big obstacles out of the way.

Hey, I'm still waiting for you to tell us the riveting tale about how you broke out of poverty and made your first million dollars. I'm trying to figure out how to make my way in the world and I'd love to hear the wisdom from someone who has already done it.

Last edited:
What doesn't matter? That this would even further cripple the poorest among us or that this would only further hurt our deficit situation?

There is NOTHING stopping any poor person in this country from success.

It just so happens some people are fucking idiots and some are not. The idiots like to complain yet are unwilling to take the time and work to become successful. In short they're lazy. Success isn't worth their time.

Ok, why don't you tell me how you made your first million dollars. When you can't do that, I'll ask you why you're a "fucking idiot" and are "unwilling to take the time to work to become successful."

Ready.....Go!

I don't need or want a million dollars.

I'm content with my financial position.

Nor do I care how much money someone has.

However if you DID want a million dollars I would suggest learning a skill that could make you a million dollars..

LEARN A SKILL THAT IS IN HIGH DEMAND...

Of course you could gamble on the ponies (buy stocks) - then again that would take skill, time and effort to be successful - traits you LACK.

Last edited:
Actually you brought up a red herring (or outright dishonest statement), because that 47% is tossed at people who don't pay income taxes. Every time I hear that number tossed out it's said like, "47% of Americans don't pay income taxes."

The number is a strawman, because the 47% includes the 22% of ALL Americans that are on social security or retirement benefits. Neither pay income taxes (nor should they), but all of them will fall in the 47%! If you take the SS/Retirees out of the 47%, then I say it's closer to 25%!

I'm a capitalist. Hell, I'm a business-owner and a REAL job creator in that, everyone I hire is actually American.
So I watch FOX and then I see the parroting on this and other boards about how "OMG! How can they ask the Rich to pay more in income tax?!?! 47% of Americans don't even pay taxes!"
This is a pretty good strawman. It's deceitful as hell, combines truth with lies and uses some great misdirection to get attention of the real crux of the issue.
1. Those 47% do pay taxes. They pay them every time they buy things etc... We're just at a point in our history where so many people are broke, they don't pay income taxes.
2. The Effective Rate thing. They use the 47% don't pay taxes as if it applies to the Middle Class. it doesn't. Ask yourself this question: Do youpay taxes? About what percent do you pay? If it's more than 18%, you're paying more than millionaires or most business-owners. If it's more than 0%, you're paying more than many international companies that are based in the USA. Do people like me, who employ 100% American workers, get special tax loopholes from the government? Do we get special consideration, investment, tax credits, subsidies or breaks? Nope. Who does? Companies that ship jobs overseas. Do those companies ship jobs to say, India for tax reasons? The rate in India is 33% and the average effective rate is higher than the USA. So no, that's a bill of goods that is being bought by a lot of people lately.
3. "But everyone has the same laws so the rich don't get anything that others can't have! They're just smarter!" This is completel bs. Could you have your boss "hold" 90% of your pay for a few years, so you won't have to pay taxes on it? Of course not. Our tax code is specifically designed to be unfair. Income deferments, Stock options, insurance etc... are all things that "anyone" can use but practically speaking, someone making $50K a year can't live on $5K a year. But someone making $20 MILLION a year can probably scratch by on $170,000 a month.

So yes. Our tax system is unfair. It offers loopholes to "everyone" - that only the rich can afford to use. This is the only country I've ever lived in, where people will actually say "Oh those poor rich people, THEY are the ones needing protecting!" .
Now they're talking about eliminating the deduction for mortgage interest. Does anyone NOT see the long-term consequence of such follishness? Some day historians will look at this period at our history and say "That's when the Middle Class that used to exist in America, voted themselves out of existence."

Actually you brought up a red herring (or outright dishonest statement), because that 47% is tossed at people who don't pay income taxes. Every time I hear that number tossed out it's said like, "47% of Americans don't pay income taxes."

The number is a strawman, because the 47% includes the 22% of ALL Americans that are on social security or retirement benefits. Neither pay income taxes (nor should they), but all of them will fall in the 47%! If you take the SS/Retirees out of the 47%, then I say it's closer to 25%!

I'm a capitalist. Hell, I'm a business-owner and a REAL job creator in that, everyone I hire is actually American.
So I watch FOX and then I see the parroting on this and other boards about how "OMG! How can they ask the Rich to pay more in income tax?!?! 47% of Americans don't even pay taxes!"
This is a pretty good strawman. It's deceitful as hell, combines truth with lies and uses some great misdirection to get attention of the real crux of the issue.
1. Those 47% do pay taxes. They pay them every time they buy things etc... We're just at a point in our history where so many people are broke, they don't pay income taxes.
2. The Effective Rate thing. They use the 47% don't pay taxes as if it applies to the Middle Class. it doesn't. Ask yourself this question: Do youpay taxes? About what percent do you pay? If it's more than 18%, you're paying more than millionaires or most business-owners. If it's more than 0%, you're paying more than many international companies that are based in the USA. Do people like me, who employ 100% American workers, get special tax loopholes from the government? Do we get special consideration, investment, tax credits, subsidies or breaks? Nope. Who does? Companies that ship jobs overseas. Do those companies ship jobs to say, India for tax reasons? The rate in India is 33% and the average effective rate is higher than the USA. So no, that's a bill of goods that is being bought by a lot of people lately.
3. "But everyone has the same laws so the rich don't get anything that others can't have! They're just smarter!" This is completel bs. Could you have your boss "hold" 90% of your pay for a few years, so you won't have to pay taxes on it? Of course not. Our tax code is specifically designed to be unfair. Income deferments, Stock options, insurance etc... are all things that "anyone" can use but practically speaking, someone making $50K a year can't live on $5K a year. But someone making $20 MILLION a year can probably scratch by on $170,000 a month.

So yes. Our tax system is unfair. It offers loopholes to "everyone" - that only the rich can afford to use. This is the only country I've ever lived in, where people will actually say "Oh those poor rich people, THEY are the ones needing protecting!" .
Now they're talking about eliminating the deduction for mortgage interest. Does anyone NOT see the long-term consequence of such follishness? Some day historians will look at this period at our history and say "That's when the Middle Class that used to exist in America, voted themselves out of existence."

SS & retirement income is taxable you know.

or
Our debt doesn't matter?
or
Neither matter?

So neither matter?

And when you advocate for a 8% flat tax you are in fact advocating increasing taxes on the poor. It's good to know that your stance is that increasing taxes on the poor doesn't matter and that or debt doesn't matter either. Phew! Those are too big obstacles out of the way.

Hey, I'm still waiting for you to tell us the riveting tale about how you broke out of poverty and made your first million dollars. I'm trying to figure out how to make my way in the world and I'd love to hear the wisdom from someone who has already done it.

First off the poor DON'T PAY ANY TAX - you cannot increase something that doesn't exist.

Secondly, I CLEARLY STATED 8% was what if felt the FEDERAL INCOME TAX should be for EVERYONE.

Thirdly, a flat tax would be way higher than 8% - try 18%.

Fourthly, who gives a FUCK about federal taxes??? if you want a social safety net then move to a state that will tax the fuck out of its citizens to provide you with one.

We have a Tenth Amendment for a reason...

The federal government can go fuck off..

There is NOTHING stopping any poor person in this country from success.

It just so happens some people are fucking idiots and some are not. The idiots like to complain yet are unwilling to take the time and work to become successful. In short they're lazy. Success isn't worth their time.

Ok, why don't you tell me how you made your first million dollars. When you can't do that, I'll ask you why you're a "fucking idiot" and are "unwilling to take the time to work to become successful."

Ready.....Go!

However if you DID want a million dollars I would suggest learning a skill that could make you a million dollars..

Of course you could gamble on the ponies (buy stocks) - then again that would take skill, time and effort to be successful - traits you LACK.

Ohhhh, I get it. So you're not a millionaire not because you can't do it, you just don't want to be a millionaire. :eusa_liar:

That makes sense, I mean, you're talking like you know what it takes to become a millionaire even though you haven't actually done it yourself. That seems logical to me. :eusa_eh:

Ready.....Go!

Ohhhh, I get it. So you're not a millionaire not because you can't do it, you just don't want to be a millionaire. :eusa_liar:

That makes sense, I mean, you're talking like you know what it takes to become a millionaire even though you haven't actually done it yourself. That seems logical to me. :eusa_eh:

:lol::lol::lol:

Is shallowness and greed a prerequisite for being "progressive?"

Yeah, I have no desire to drive 100,000 dollar cars and live in a 5 million dollar home.

Money doesn't buy happiness..

If I made a mill a year I would give most of it away to private charities..

Money would never change who I am...

Well, since everyone has their idea of what is right or wrong, How about telling us what is you think is actually considered a fair tax code.

I'll go first.

1)General income tax, I think the progressive tax rates is basically ok except that it has to consider the state you live in. In other words, no should pay over 50% of their total income to the government(My personal golden rule). For instance, if you live in New York, your effective income tax rate should be lower than if you live in Florida, which does not have a state income tax. Note that "fees and fines" are not to be considered as taxes or deductions.

2)Capital gains tax. Here is my second rule, government can only tax net-profit. For instance , If you have investments that made 1 million dollars and other investment that lost over 1 million dollars, guess what? You do not pay any taxes on your investment gains until you make back all of your investment money. Of course, liquidation of investments and whether or not you made a profit from them is also to be considered. Note, If you own a non-incorporated business and the value of the business increase, this is not to be considered to be taxable. I would consider a type of progressive tax rate here that flat line around 20 or 30%. Yep, I would even give exemptions to people that do not make over a certain amount per year. Considering that most people invest for retirement, the lowest rate to be taxed should be much higher than the income tax.

3)Corporate tax--Here a flat tax for American corporations I believe is desirable. I think businesses should help pay for businesses and infrastructure, yet I do not wish to tax them exorbiantly. Also, there should exist something called a "Market-Risk deduction" for companies under heavy challenge from foreign competitors and start ups. I think a flat rate of 10 percent foor American based manufactuers seem feasible. On the other hand, foreign companies and Foreign based-manufacturers tax rate is slightly higher and they do not get the Market-risk deduction for the obvious reasons.

No, I am not a believer in pure free trade. If some begins to argue for it, I would begin to suggest an uglier proposition. Let American based corps should set corporate tax rates for imports and split the difference between them and the government. Now that is what I call rampant corporatism!

4)Contractors--Is to be considered similiar to a form of Business, except it is for an individual. Pays 10% flat tax minus the market deduction as mentioned under corporations.(Foreign contractors are charged slightly more). If the contractor does not meet a certain level of pay and he/she derides their income only from contract work, tax exclusion can be recommended. For example, if non-taxable income level for a single person is let us just say 10,000 and the contractor does not take home 10,000 that year, he/she falls under tax exclusion.

Aside--corporate regulations---I actually believe in a form of Progressive regualtions in which smaller companies only need to meet a minimal level of regulations and as their market share increase, the amount of regulations increase until they hit the so called "Progressive level" of regulations. For instance, a family restaurant may only need to meet the bare minimum of regulations and as it grows and branches out into franchises, the regulation to maintain a licenses to operate will increase in reflection of the number of people it could provide daily. Of course this implies that many fast food franchises must meet the Progressive level of regulations. The idea is to put as little pressure on start-ups while ensuring they are providing a safe product/service.

There are other taxes and so forth, but I think the above covers the major problems.

Last edited:
I'm convinced if someone offered one of these OWS protesters 5 million bucks for their 7-year-old child they would sell them their kid in a nanosecond.

It seems all they care about is money...

Of course they sit there and claim they're so loving - in reality they love NOTHING but money and conflict...

They do the opposite of EVERYTHING they claim they stand for...

Well, since everyone has their idea of what is right or wrong, How about telling us what is you think is actually considered a fair tax code.

I'll go first.

1)General income tax, I think the progressive tax rates is basically ok except that it has to consider the state you live in. In other words, no should pay over 50% of their total income to the government(My personal golden rule). For instance, if you live in New York, your effective income tax rate should be lower than if you live in Florida, which does not have a state income tax. Note that "fees and fines" are not to be considered as taxes or deductions.

2)Capital gains tax. Here is my second rule, government can only tax net-profit. For instance , If you have investments that made 1 million dollars and other investment that lost over 1 million dollars, guess what? You do not pay any taxes on your investment gains until you make back all of your investment money. Of course, liquidation of investments and whether or not you made a profit from them is also to be considered. Note, If you own a non-incorporated business and the value of the business increase, this is not to be considered to be taxable. I would consider a type of progressive tax rate here that flat line around 20 or 30%. Yep, I would even give exemptions to people that do not make over a certain amount per year. Considering that most people invest for retirement, the lowest rate to be taxed should be much higher than the income tax.

3)Corporate tax--will edit later

Federal income tax should be at 8% and federal corporate/business tax should be 2%.

Yeah, I have no desire to drive 100,000 dollar cars and live in a 5 million dollar home.

You're right, you have no desire......No desire to work hard and make something of yourself. At least that's how I understand it from what someone once told me.

Money doesn't buy happiness but money does buy basic life necessities which taxing the poor further would only make it that much harder. That's ok though....that "doesn't matter".

You aren't just full of shit with everything you claim to stand for, you are at an entire different level of full of shit. If money didn't mean anything to you and if the debt of our country didn't matter, or if you don't care about how much else someone else makes, like you would want me to believe, you wouldn't be belly aching about the poor and what they are or aren't paying. But you are, why? Because you're full of shit and a raging hypocrite who himself isn't rich. Why? because of yourself apparently, although I'd argue that you have the deck stacked against you like most other people do in this country.

I'm convinced if someone offered one of these OWS protesters 5 million bucks for their 7-year-old child they would sell them their kid in a nanosecond.

Of course they sit there and claim they're so loving - in reality they love NOTHING but money and conflict...

LOL.

images

You're right, you have no desire......No desire to work hard and make something of yourself. At least that's how I understand it from what someone once told me.

Money doesn't buy happiness but money does buy basic life necessities which taxing the poor further would only make it that much harder. That's ok though....that "doesn't matter".

You aren't just full of shit with everything you claim to stand for, you are at an entire different level of full of shit. If money didn't mean anything to you and if the debt of our country didn't matter, or if you don't care about how much else someone else makes, like you would want me to believe, you wouldn't be belly aching about the poor and what they are or aren't paying. But you are, why? Because you're full of shit and a raging hypocrite who himself isn't rich. Why? because of yourself apparently, although I'd argue that you have the deck stacked against you like most other people do in this country.

Who says I'm poor??

I'm content with my position and generally a humble individual..

You know what?? 35 year-olds shouldn't be working a fucking Burger King.

LEARN A FUCKING SKILL SOMEONE WANTS AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE MONEY PROBLEMS..

Believe me, I know times are difficult in this progressive liberal induced economy - however that is NO REASON to no learn a skill or trade that is in demand..

Learn fucking something...

A philosophy major and 175,000 dollars of student loans won't do you any good in the real world...

However, like I have previously stated some people are dumb and others are intelligent..

The dumb complain, argue and lack the required intelligence to acknowledge my aforementioned ideas.

Given that notion alone the complaining will never end.

Who says I'm poor??

Believe me, I know times are difficult in this progressive liberal induced economy - however that is NO REASON to no learn a skill or trade that is in demand..

A philosophy major and 175,000 dollars of student loans won't do you any good in the real world...

However, like I have previously stated some people are dumb and others are intelligent..

The dumb complain, argue and lack the required intelligence to acknowledge my aforementioned ideas.

You may not be poor, but you aren't rich either. And THAT according to you is just because you're lazy. Becoming rich in this country is easy or it is if you put your mind to it. Right? So why are you so lazy? Oh, thats right, you don't care about money. :lol:

How am I suppose to have an honest conversation with someone who can't be honest with me and is obviously not even honest with himself.

LOL.

images

Are you fucking retarded?

You could give me 10 trillion dollars and I would never let you get within 10 feet of a kid I'm responsible for, let alone buy a kid.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Either that or you don't know what the meaning of the analogy....

Last edited:
What percentage is that? I asked for specifics.

Income/personal gains - 8% at the federal level.

I suppose per the Tenth Amendment states could tax themselves into oblivion (as if its not happening today for that matter)...

So 8% for all? And what do you think that means to someone making less than $20,000 a year? Do you think that $1,600 they no longer have will have a significant impact on their life?

And now that those that are better off are only paying 8% what will that do to our nations deficit and the money we owe?

Seems like 8% will only hurt the poor and hurt or country even further by increasing our deficit. No?

SUBJECTIVE ARGUMENT being interjected AGAIN...

What it MEANS is different for EVERY person...

You sound like Reverend Lovejoy's wife...

"Won’t somebody please think of the children?"

helen-lovejoy.jpg

LOL.

images

Are you fucking retarded?

You could give me 10 trillion dollars and I would never let you get within 10 feet of a kid I'm responsible for, let alone buy a kid.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Either that or you don't know what the meaning of the analogy....

Lol, fuck you're slow. I bolded the part which I was referring to. Not the part that was completely an utterly fucking dumb. But then again if you were actually serious about that part, then well you have bigger issues than just being full of shit.

Who says I'm poor??

You may not be poor, but you aren't rich either. And THAT according to you is just because you're lazy. Becoming rich in this country is easy or it is if you put your mind to it. Right? So why are you so lazy? Oh, thats right, you don't care about money. :lol:

How am I suppose to have an honest conversation with someone who can't be honest with me and is obviously not even honest with himself.

You do realize that certain professions pay X amount max??

The whole point is to live COMFORTABLY...

I suppose the emphasized word is subjective.

My goal is to live a comfortable life not max excess amounts of money - the money is just a bonus.

Income/personal gains - 8% at the federal level.

I suppose per the Tenth Amendment states could tax themselves into oblivion (as if its not happening today for that matter)...

So 8% for all? And what do you think that means to someone making less than $20,000 a year? Do you think that $1,600 they no longer have will have a significant impact on their life?

And now that those that are better off are only paying 8% what will that do to our nations deficit and the money we owe?

Seems like 8% will only hurt the poor and hurt or country even further by increasing our deficit. No?

SUBJECTIVE ARGUMENT being interjected AGAIN...

What it MEANS is different for EVERY person...

You sound like Reverend Lovejoy's wife...

"Won’t somebody please think of the children?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Still waiting for you to show me the first homeless shelter that hands out yachts or trips on private planes before food and shelter. Again, basic needs are not subjective, thats what makes them basic.

Jesus, the problems with our country are on full display every time you post.

New Topics

Forum List

Back