The 2016 election is going to come down to Hillary vs. Jeb, of course

I dont see whay Clintons are considered a Dynasty.

The Bushes are four generations in US polictics.

Bushes

Samuel Prescott Bush (great Grandad)
Bush served on the board of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (as well as of the Huntington National Bank of Columbus).[2] In 1931, he was appointed to Herbert Hoover's President's Committee for Unemployment Relief.

Prescott Sheldon Bush (Grandad)
US Sentor for 10 years (1952 - 1963)

George H W Bush (Brother)
President of US (1989 - 1993)

Jeb Bush
Governer of Florida (1999 - 2007)

Clintons
Bill Clinton (1993 - 20001)

Now :
Definition of dynasty in English:
noun (plural dynasties)
hereditary rulers of a country: the Tang dynasty
More example sentences
succession of people from the same family who play a prominent role in business, politics, or another field: the Guinness dynasty

So the Clintons are just 1. That does not make them a dynasty.

"So the Clintons are just 1. That does not make them a dynasty"

If you're going to count Prescott, you have to count Senator/Secretary Hillary Clinton.

Fair enough. Clintons are at 2 from the same generation.
Hardly a Dynasty over generations.

Then, Jeb and GW, being from the same generation. still only count as a second generation.

I don't believe people as closely related as the Bushs and the Clintons to a previous president should be allowed to run.

Teddy and FDR were about as close family wise, and distant, time wise, as I'm willing to be comfortable with.

I feel the same about keeping seats in congress from being handed off to family members, as far as that goes.

Hillary vs. Jeb 2016

Let's hope that it doesn't come to that, because America doesn't need another corrupt Clinton or corrupt Bush to be president.
So who then?

Rubio, Walker, Kasich, Pataki, Paul, are examples running on the right. Sanders and O'Malley are examples on the left.

Question: if someone offered to make a bet with you where you got paid $10 if the final election was Jeb v. Hillary and you paid them $25 if it wasn't, would you take that bet?

This "dynasty" talk is largely advanced by Hillary supporters who would like the 2016 election to be about Clinton42 vs. Bush43 instead of the actual candidates' records.

You don’t need to waste your time over the next year listening to a parade of pundits or watching those ridiculous primary debates because the political landscape of the future looks like as Hillary vs. Jeb. Dynasty against dynasty. The campaign which would horrify Founding Fathers and will bore everyone to tears

Jeb is the only person who could lose to Hillary, and democrats are desperate to make him the GOP choice.

Do yourself a favor and practice saying "President Walker," it will ease the transition for you.

You don’t need to waste your time over the next year listening to a parade of pundits or watching those ridiculous primary debates because the political landscape of the future looks like as Hillary vs. Jeb. Dynasty against dynasty. The campaign which would horrify Founding Fathers and will bore everyone to tears

Jeb is the only person who could lose to Hillary, and democrats are desperate to make him the GOP choice.

Do yourself a favor and practice saying "President Walker," it will ease the transition for you.

If someone offered to bet you $25 on whether Walker will be the next elected President, would you take it?

If it comes down to Jeb vs Clinton, it will be a sad indictment of how bad politics are in America, and how little choice there really is.

Won't use the word 'hope', but not going to give into the gloom yet, Rand and Rubio are both more popular than Jeb Bush.

On the Democrat race, not going to get to see the alternatives to Clinton till we are a lot closer to 2016.

If it does come down to Bush3 vs Hillary, would it be a sin to pray that a meteor lands on them during the debates?

Yes, I think it would be a sin.

But, we can always hope for alien abduction.

the more people see Bush as a threat, the more they will come out in the masses to vote against him.
I don't want Jeb or Hillary. But I will vote against Hillary no matter what.
I dont think anyone can beat Rubio. although many of us really believed it was going to be Cruz, but I have a hunch Rubio will take it, then have to decide between Cruz and Walker for VP.

The country is ripe for a third party run by someone, but the time to strike is not yet here. That will certainly make things interesting.
Should Caitlyn Jenner run? I know the women on the t.v. talk shows would all vote for her. Has anyone noticed how they all back her up but none say anything different?

Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend's wife is, like Monica's ex... a criminal of the highest order.

Bush is Romney II...

No Thanks on both counts.

Sounds like a good reason for a 3rd Party candidate.

Sounds like a good reason for a 3rd Party candidate.

Way past time for a SANE 3rd party to show up.

Forum List

Back