Debate Now The 2016 Campaign, Election and Aftermath

Who are you currently leaning toward to be President?

• Hillary Clinton

• Ted Cruz

• John Kasich

• Marco Rubio

• Bernie Sanders

• Donald Trump

• Other and I'll specify in my post

• I don't have a preference yet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah. The plagiarism that wasn't plagiarism. I have done a fair amount of public speaking in my day and if the phrases 'strengh of dreams' or 'your bond is your word' is plagiarism, I've been guilty of using those phrases a lot. Does anybody seriously believe somebody read Michelle's speech, or even remembered it, and stole lines from it for Melania? The only way that would have happened if somebody on the speech writing team deliberately sabotaged Melania, and I suppose that is possible. But oh well.

But yes, I think it is going well. The RNC is doing a decent job of administering the convention and explaining the existing rules to the few detractors and things are going well. A really interesting line up of speakers on both nights so far. I think the Trump kids are actually competing to see who can give the best speech. :) It's a joy to watch.

How about that cerebral palsy girl who sang the national anthem. I was bawling like a baby. You go girl.

They should let me write the speeches. I have been waiting for the call but it never comes. I wish I had written the Christy speech. Great speech perfectly suited for th deliverer. I've got one on deck now, that is not who we are as Americans, but it will just collect dust. So much talent wasted.

Last edited:
This was posted by our local ABC affiliate today:

upload_2016-7-20_13-25-34.png

Cruz is done. He contributed nothing. He will pay for his disloyalty. I'm afraid he will be the only one who doesn't see it. He thought this would be his Barack Obama moment and he got booed right out of the hall.

And he double downed on it with a press conference with the Texas delegates this morning. I agree. He has scored no points for himself and all we can do is hope the media won't be able to show this as a seriously divided party because it isn't.

View attachment 82295

So, the speechwriter resigned for nothing? Funny...if there was no plagiarism and all....

The GOP reminds me of that show "Soap" that used to come on with every single character having a massive shortcoming.

The first draft writer who didn't think to tell the speech writers where the phrases came from resigned and her resignation was refused.

View attachment 82295

So, the speechwriter resigned for nothing? Funny...if there was no plagiarism and all....

The GOP reminds me of that show "Soap" that used to come on with every single character having a massive shortcoming.

Red:
Both major parties have them and in both cases, that shortcoming is called "the nominee."

View attachment 82295

Red:
Both major parties have them and in both cases, that shortcoming is called "the nominee."

Yeah, whatever you say. One has 20+ years of serving the public, Trump has 20+ years of helping himself. He’s made fun of the handicapped, been crude, boorish and just downright mean. Had he not inherited a small fortune, nobody would know his name.

View attachment 82295

Red:

Yeah, whatever you say. One has 20+ years of serving the public, Trump has 20+ years of helping himself. He’s made fun of the handicapped, been crude, boorish and just downright mean. Had he not inherited a small fortune, nobody would know his name.

I'm not denying anything about either of them, but I'm not nuts about either of them and both of them are greatly flawed candidates, at least as far as I'm concerned they are.

I think the GOP convention scored as high ratings as it did due to the media reports of expected discord and protests and demonstrations and to see how the GOP would support or not support Trump. And they kept it up even when the very minor incidents of disagreement were dealt with and the convention then moved on. And most people were interested to see what Trump would say though I was disappointed in his speech--way too politician like and too little spontaneous Trump in it so I think everybody was ready for it to end long before it did.

So now the media is desperate to stir up interest in the Democratic convention that I think most expected to be as interesting and exciting as watching paint dry. I honestly believe this who e-mail thing was deliberately orchestrated to stir up that interest. If tonight turns out to be as scripted and boring as most Democratic speeches are, then we'll know. Or if Bernie wanders off the approved script and there is suddenly an unexplained malfunction in the sound system and broadcast, then we'll know. If tonight is boring, I doubt the ratings will be impressive for the next three nights.

I don't 100 per cent agree,with you on the speech Fox. Yes it was no Gettysburg address and yes there were plodding moments but just like a football game Trump finally imposed his will on the party. I liked the speech because it laid out the facts and although not as specific as I would like it spoke to what he would do. I will be your champion. No politicians are going to visit the victims of illegal aliens. I will make decisions with America first in mind. Ethics for the state department. And I don't know why this is so controversial, but if you want America to help protect you, you will have to pay your fair share.

Can he flip a switch and bring back manufacturing jobs! No. Can he physically stop companies from moving. No. But he can repatriate the two trillion overseas. He can make the us more business friendly. He can promote small business over big business. And he can certainly fix immigration. Have an immigration moratorium for a year on everyone. And trump will cut waste and abuse and he will fire people. No doubt in my mind, we will have a bureaucracy of merit instead of political affiliation. He will clean house in the justice department. Supreme Court, enough said.

I am not opposed to the content of the speech though if I had been advising him, I would have suggested some opportunities he missed and would have clarified a couple of points he made. And I would have condensed it to under 1 hour as that is about the tolerance of the average listener even if the listener is interested. And he saved a couple of points that should have been near bhe beginning such as court appointments. A lot of conservatives were really listening for that and many probably missed it because they had already tuned out. The speech didn't hurt him but I don't think it helped as much as it could have.

So now its all over but the critiquing. Both candidates have picked unexciting but safe Veeps. Both conventions had some issues and both conventions had some high points.

But on with the critiquing:

"]Dick Morris - What Bill Clinton left out of DNC speech - YouTube

Forum List

Back