That WAS The Democratic and Repubican Party

That's not really an argument. That sounds like you conceding that you can't describe to me the utility of natural rights.
I know, I wasn’t arguing. I was simply saying you are free to believe you aren’t born free

That was what you claimed. I am not arguing with you about it

I know, I wasn’t arguing. I was simply saying you are free to believe you aren’t born free

That was what you claimed. I am not arguing with you about it
It's not my freedom I'm asking you to prove, it's the existence of natural rights I question. Freedom has many contexts. Currently I'm not incarcerated and I wasn't born incarcerated and that has nothing to do with the existence of natural rights. Clearly you don't know how to objectively prove that they do in fact exist.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
It's not my freedom I'm asking you to prove, it's the existence of natural rights I question. Freedom has many contexts. Currently I'm not incarcerated and I wasn't born incarcerated and that has nothing to do with the existence of natural rights. Clearly you don't know how to objectively prove that they do in fact exist.
Sure it's your freedom, how can I prove how you feel? If you don't feel a certain way, if you feel you were somehow born a slave, that's on you. I can't explain nor do I have the time to even wonder, why you feel you weren't born free.

Sure it's your freedom, how can I prove how you feel? If you don't feel a certain way, if you feel you were somehow born a slave, that's on you. I can't explain nor do I have the time to even wonder, why you feel you weren't born free.
Wait I thought you were talking about something that objectively exists, not your feelings? Are natural rights something you only feel you have or does it have some tangible, objective property?

• Winner
Wait I thought you were talking about something that objectively exists, not your feelings? Are natural rights something only you feel you have or does it have some tangible, objective property?
freedom objectively exist? really? why on earth would you think that? rights objectively exist? like you can touch a right? really? you thought that? well...you have a right to educate yourself....i suggest you go do that.

freedom objectively exist? really? why on earth would you think that? rights objectively exist? like you can touch a right? really? you thought that? well...you have a right to educate yourself....i suggest you go do that.
So they don't really exist then? It's just something you imagine existing?

• Brilliant
So they don't really exist then? It's just something you imagine existing?
Not to me, obviously you don’t feel free, that’s on you.

Apparently you don’t feel things exist unless you can touch them…which is odd as well

Not to me, obviously you don’t feel free, that’s on you.

Apparently you don’t feel things exist unless you can touch them…which is odd as well
Are you trying to argue that feelings make things real? The logic of that is easily disputed by pointing out millions of children every year feel anticipation and excitement at the arrival of Santa Claus and those feelings don't prove he really exists, do they?

Forum List

Back