That Sarah Palin Is One Unreal Alaskan

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
I laughed when I read this, it reminded me of the Alaska I knew.

by Seth Kantner

"Having said that, here in Alaska we are accustomed to getting jobs we're not qualified to fill. In our far-flung villages and towns we have big money surrounded by big wilderness; the combination causes warped career opportunities. Sort of an Edge of Nowhere phenomenon --cousin to the Bridge to Nowhere one....

Tougher in Alaska? Not necessarily. Here most anyone can be dogcatcher, city planner, governor, with little or no experience. That's one beauty of our state -- although, often the only thing keeping it all working is the lubrication provided by obscene amounts of money."

That Sarah Palin Is One Unreal Alaskan | CommonDreams.org

We Alaskans are not generally so magazine-pretty like her, nor are we so confrontational and vapid. Most of us don't have those peachy cheeks -- we have sunburn, windburn and frostbite. Our fingernails are dirty from actually gutting moose, not yakking about it. Our hands are chapped from picking thousands of salmon out of nets, not holding one up for the camera.
palin.jpg

hmmmmm......

THere's that white trashy look again......circa 1972.... Alaska must be out of touch.

EEEEYOUCH. Ya oughtta warn a person before putting that up. Else I might have to flash the bush/saudi kiss again!! :)

Forum List

Back