That freak in Florida doesn't speak for me

i can't see your images. they seem to be blocked at work.

but i'll take a wild guess and bet they show muslim intolerance.

and?

so because some people are scum, we should be scum?

if that's the case, then we aren't different from iran so why bother fussing about terrorists at all... may as well just give them the keys and close up shop.

So you DO think muslims are scum. Amazing.

But I'd really like you to show me riots where Christians cowardly covered the faces and marched down the streets carrying signs saying "KILL THOSE WHO MOCK CHRISTIANITY," or maybe you could find me a picture of a Christian SAWING SOMEONES HEAD OFF simply because they weren't a Christian, or maybe a picture of a bunch of Christians STONING A WOMAN TO DEATH BURIED UP TO HER WASTE, or a Christian court sentencing a homo to DEATH, JUST BECAUSE HE'S GAY.

The simple fact that you compare a few books being burnt to the HORRENDOUS, BLOODY ATROCITIES COMMITTED BY MUSLIMS DAILY is very disturbing. It shows you have no sense of the reality of the situation, and are willing to spread distortions on a grand scale.

That's right, because if you can't legally take away his free speech, just get him in any other way you can. Unbelieveable. This isn't about religion at all, it doesn't matter that he's a pastor or minister or whatever he is, he's a US citizen and has rights.

who says they want to take away his free speech?

you keep repeating the same silliness.

It's not just terrorist Muslims who are offended by the burning of the Koran...

Our troops are currently training otherwise peaceful Muslims to protect themselves against terrorists Muslims so that we can get our troops out of there and this type of thing is only going to make it harder for our troops to make progress in that regard.

So it's not legit to just say things like well those attacks would have happened anyway, if it wasn't this is would be something else, or the troops are in harms way anyway so what's the difference, etc...The people over there with their boots on the ground are offering their insight into the reality that is DOES indeed make a difference.

And sorry, I do not believe 1.5 billion human beings are "the devil" because they happened to be born into a Muslim culture...That's just bullshit fear mongering hateful propaganda.

i can't see your images. they seem to be blocked at work.

but i'll take a wild guess and bet they show muslim intolerance.

and?

so because some people are scum, we should be scum?

if that's the case, then we aren't different from iran so why bother fussing about terrorists at all... may as well just give them the keys and close up shop.

So you DO think muslims are scum. Amazing.

But I'd really like you to show me riots where Christians cowardly covered the faces and marched down the streets carrying signs saying "KILL THOSE WHO MOCK CHRISTIANITY," or maybe you could find me a picture of a Christian SAWING SOMEONES HEAD OFF simply because they weren't a Christian, or maybe a picture of a bunch of Christians STONING A WOMAN TO DEATH BURIED UP TO HER WASTE, or a Christian court sentencing a homo to DEATH, JUST BECAUSE HE'S GAY.

The simple fact that you compare a few books being burnt to the HORRENDOUS, BLOODY ATROCITIES COMMITTED BY MUSLIMS DAILY is very disturbing. It shows you have no sense of the reality of the situation, and are willing to spread distortions on a grand scale.

i think people who burn books are scum.

i think people who hate others are scum.

i think SOME muslims are scum like some jews are scum and some christians are scum.

this guy is christian scum.

don't twist my words. you know exactly what i said.

and more than anything, don't attribute your hatred to me. i think people who think like you are a blight.

But it doesn't matter what his message is, it's about his right to voice it, which it seems that several in here would be all in favor of taking away that right from him because they don't agree with him.

Has anyone here actually advocated that the right be taken away from him?

Or are people advocating that he choose not to do it?

Seems like the first option to me. Using intimidation or whatever other means necessary to make it painful for him to exercise his rights? I don't see that as any different than advocating that they just simply be taken from him.

But it doesn't matter what his message is, it's about his right to voice it, which it seems that several in here would be all in favor of taking away that right from him because they don't agree with him.

Seems like the first option to me. Using intimidation or whatever other means necessary to make it painful for him to exercise his rights? I don't see that as any different than advocating that they just simply be taken from him.

really? intimidation like this?

When the Guardian reported the Dixie Chicks' attack on George Bush at a London gig in March, all hell broke loose in their homeland. They were branded 'Saddam's Angels' and their records were burned.

Free the Dixie Three | Music | The Guardian

i have every right to stand up and say that someone is a pathetic piece of garbage who SHOULDN'T do something.... which has NOTHING to do with their right TO do it.

That's right, because if you can't legally take away his free speech, just get him in any other way you can. Unbelieveable. This isn't about religion at all, it doesn't matter that he's a pastor or minister or whatever he is, he's a US citizen and has rights.

What exactly are you arguing then?

really? intimidation like this?

When the Guardian reported the Dixie Chicks' attack on George Bush at a London gig in March, all hell broke loose in their homeland. They were branded 'Saddam's Angels' and their records were burned.

Free the Dixie Three | Music | The Guardian

i have every right to stand up and say that someone is a pathetic piece of garbage who SHOULDN'T do something.... which has NOTHING to do with their right TO do it.

Yes they did have that right, I'm not sure what your point is? I didn't advocate that they be strung up and told to shut up or they were going to face consequences as you are doing here.

I have no issue with those writing him letters, voicing thier opinion here, even people who show up and counter-protest. My issue is with people who want to use the "end run", such as zoning laws, or revoking his tax exempt status.

I really dont have an issue with people who use the "it will make them angry" argument, I just think they are wrong. remember you dont have to be an idiot/evil/sheeple to be wrong. Wrong is not an insult, it is an opinion.

How embarrassing.... this stupid jerk is all over the news in Europe too. Sometimes, I am hard pressed to remain above calling for violence.

What exactly are you arguing then?

She's simply exercising her right to speak out against his reckless foolishness.

So instead you advocate silencing his opposition?

...just to make it less painful for him to exercise his right?

Last edited:
Gen. Petraeus declined to elaborate on the nature of the threats or violence that could occur, but westerners in Afghanistan have been warned away from public places.

Other senior military leaders echoed Gen. Petraeus's comments. Lt. Gen. William Caldwell, who oversees the effort to train Afghan security forces, said he was informed of the planned Florida protests several days ago by a senior minister in the Afghan government.

Gen. Caldwell said many Afghans do not understand either the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment or the fact that President Barack Obama can't simply issue a decree to stop Mr. Jones from his demonstration. Military officials said they were not trying to deny Mr. Jones his right to free speech, but feared he wasn't thinking about the consequences of his actions.

"There is no question about First Amendment rights; that is not the issue," Gen. Caldwell said. "The question is: What is the implication over here? It is going to jeopardize the men and women serving in Afghanistan."

Military officials also fear that if video of the Quran burning is broadcast in Afghanistan, tensions could rise between NATO forces and the Afghan military and police. Allegations of mishandling the Quran have interrupted Afghan security training at least twice this year, Gen. Caldwell said. Reports about the Quran have set off violent protests before. A report in Newsweek, later retracted, that a U.S. interrogator at the Guantanamo Bay prison had flushed a Quran down a toilet set off riots in Afghanistan and elsewhere.
Petraeus Condemns U.S. Church's Plan to Burn Qurans - WSJ.com

I think someone should show up at the Koran burning, and chuck a Bible on the fire.

While there at it, chuck a copy of Catcher in the Rye.

I think someone should show up at the Koran burning, and chuck a Bible on the fire.

I'm ashamed to confess that I would find it really, really, really funny if someone burned his fucking church down - before 9/11. My bad. As long as no one was hurt.

I'm ashamed to confess that I would find it really, really, really funny if someone burned his fucking church down - before 9/11. My bad. As long as no one was hurt.

It would be very fitting if the church got struck by lightning.

Forum List

Back