That freak in Florida doesn't speak for me

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Or 99.999% of Christians.

He is someone that has distorted views of what it is to be a Christian, and doesn't hold OUR viewpoints. He is the same as Fred Phelps, with an agenda of hate to spread.

And if ANY soldiers or innocent people are killed because of what he wants to do, the blood is on HIS HANDS, and anyone else that participates in this sideshow of burning the Koran.

This is my opinion. -EZ

He is someone that has distorted views of what it is to be a Christian, and doesn't hold OUR viewpoints. He is the same as Fred Phelps, with an agenda of hate to spread.

And if ANY soldiers or innocent people are killed because of what he wants to do, the blood is on HIS HANDS, and anyone else that participates in this sideshow of burning the Koran.

This is my opinion. -EZ

I share your opinion, mo chara. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

This event is sort of like the building of that mosque in NYC near ground zero. It's legal to do so but not very bright...

This is my opinion. -EZ

There's no such thing as an innocent American, you all have iraqi and palestinian blood on your hands.

Sad thing is he has a lot of followers/supporters (aka fools).

he doesn't. his congregation has about 50 wackos....

i think maybe the media shouldn't have encouraged him by publicizing this. i know that's not what the press does, but sometimes maybe we shouldn't give attention to scum.... especially if it is going to endanger people.

This is my opinion. -EZ

He isn't making a religious statement, but a political one.

He's a nut, for sure, but he is using what religious clout he has to express his political opinion.

And yes, he's a complete loon.

This is my opinion. -EZ

While the person in question is indeed an asshat, the whole "blood on his hands" thing is kind of a stretch. Who is to say any person that does an act of violence did it for the reason of the korans burning, or was already going to do it, and uses the koran BBQ as an excuse.

Also, if applied to other things, that means Al Gore has blood on his hands for Squirrel boy. Unless a person directly advocates violence, the whole "blood on thier hands" thing is a strawman at best.

His book burning will get soldiers killed just like the protests of a prayer center near GZ will.

This is my opinion. -EZ

I agree with your first comments, EZ, but not the second part. The blood is on the hands of who ever does the killing. Anyone that can use some event such as this as an excuse to kill someone is the one deserving of scorn and should take the full responsibility for his/her actions. No one forces another to kill, there are no excuses.

Sad thing is he has a lot of followers/supporters (aka fools).

he doesn't. his congregation has about 50 wackos....

i think maybe the media shouldn't have encouraged him by publicizing this. i know that's not what the press does, but sometimes maybe we shouldn't give attention to scum.... especially if it is going to endanger people.

Yeah, I was thinking that too...But I think once they got wind of it over there and rumors started spreading, the generals felt they had to publicly denounce it especially when they were questioned directly about it.

I agree with your first comments, EZ, but not the second part. The blood is on the hands of who ever does the killing. Anyone that can use some event such as this as an excuse to kill someone is the one deserving of scorn and should take the full responsibility for his/her actions. No one forces another to kill, there are no excuses.

no. the blood is on the lunatic pretend christian, too... he knows he is endangering people. he doesn't care because people like him want the apocalypse and are no better than the imam's who tell children they will go to paradise if they blow themselves up and take a few 'infidels' with them.

if he wasn't christian, i suspect you'd agree.

His book burning will get soldiers killed just like the protests of a prayer center near GZ will.

So you would kill to retaliate for someone burning a book you held sacred?

Where in the hell did you make up that shit from?

Its idiots like this preacher and the people protesting freedom of religion at GZ who distroy Americas good name for freedom of religion.

That is what this country was founded on.

Burning a book or protesting a mosque is not a reason for murder. Anyone who believes that is an asshole nutjob.

I can understand the concept of the anger over the book burning (any Koran is considered a holy item, not just a book) but anyone who thinks killing is a proper response for this needed a JDAM dropped on thier head.

This event is sort of like the building of that mosque in NYC near ground zero. It's legal to do so but not very bright...

I don't see the simlilarity there, Count.

One is building a constructive thing, a gathering place, one that many people disagree with - true. But it has a legitimate purpose beyond simple destruction.

The other is a symbloic gesture that accomplishes nothing but to say to Muslims everywhere that by destroying this paper we want to destroy your ideas, your faith, your heritage. Burning paper will never destroy the ideas inside, as all the hundreds upon thousands of book burnings in history have shown. But that's the only reason for doing it - destruction, the ultimate insult and most importantly a challenge.

That said, as much as it disgusts me to burn books - any books - I'd stand up for their right to do so with my last breath. But that doesn't mean I approve. And the worst is that it's being done in the name of Christianity. That sickens me. Literally sickens me.

No, they do NOT speak for me.

Forum List

Back