That freak in Florida doesn't speak for me

you got that right. i feel that the building of the mosque in new york is a slap in the face to the memory of those who died that terrible day, as the burnibg of the koean would be to the manyfollowers of islam who are not radicals. itis certainly not an act of cristianity, but instead goes completely against the teachings of our Lord

Oh really? I was under the impression the Lord said "put no God before me." So how is burning the book of some bastard religion going against the teachings of our Lord? Show me these teachings.

OK... don't like cartoons? How about the real thing? Oh... and I'm sure this isn't meant to "create fear." I mean who in their right mind would be afraid of having their fucking HEAD SAWED OFF? It's not a big thing... right?

image deleted

Now that you've posted that disturbing picture, I am changing my mind.

I now WANT Pastor Terry Jones to burn some Korans!

That will teach them!

Or maybe since there's so many islam lovers in here, the preacher ought to throw in a BEHEADING with some book burning...

I think that is a GREAT idea!!!

And I have someone in mind that I would like to nominate as a volunteer.

Yes a well done fear creating cartoon. Very typical of what I get in viral right wing emails.

OK... don't like cartoons? How about the real thing? Oh... and I'm sure this isn't meant to "create fear." I mean who in their right mind would be afraid of having their fucking HEAD SAWED OFF? It's not a big thing... right?

DELETED
You have far too much fear inside you.
That is not good for you.

He is a christain.

That is his religion.

He is an asshole for sure.

Let's put it this way:

he may have accepted Christ sometime in his past -- so he's got a new soul, reborn like other Christians -- but only God can look upon the heart to tell

because, if he IS a Christian, he sure as hell does NOT act like one.

And the Apostle Paul, Peter, and James, too, would have blasted his ARROGANT ass for being CARNAL as fury, locked into worldliness, just as cruel and as NOT CHRIST LIKE as Pontius Pilate and Caiaphas alike.

A hypocrite -- prancing through the streets all dressed up in the gloriously exaggerated robes of a self-glorifying Pharisee, standing on street corners praying loud noisy prayers to prove what a wonderful and noble priest he is -- with a heart full of pride and the lust for glory and fame among men.

How does burning these koran copies GLORIFY CHRIST? How does this action render praise to the ONE Who IS and convince people that Christ deserves the Throne of God in Jerusalem when Christ returns?

Now that you've posted that disturbing picture, I am changing my mind.

I now WANT Pastor Terry Jones to burn some Korans!

That will teach them!

Or maybe since there's so many islam lovers in here, the preacher ought to throw in a BEHEADING with some book burning...

I think that is a GREAT idea!!!

And I have someone in mind that I would like to nominate as a volunteer.
Good... and since you think it's such a good idea, you can do the cutting. Got a good knife?

Yes a well done fear creating cartoon. Very typical of what I get in viral right wing emails.

DELETED

The only fear I see here is people like you fearing reality.

I'd be happy if we could all acknowledge that the fringe freaks of any persuasion do not speak for the majority.

DELETED

The only fear I see here is people like you fearing reality.

Ohh I see reality pretty well, unclouded by any faith in an afterlife or supreme being messing in human affairs.

How does burning these koran copies GLORIFY CHRIST? How does this action render praise to the ONE Who IS and convince people that Christ deserves the Throne of God in Jerusalem when Christ returns?

Burning korans isn't about glorifying Christ. It's to bring attention to how violent, blood thirsty and murderous islam is, and this preacher believes it is of the devil. I have a tendency to agree with him.

you got that right. i feel that the building of the mosque in new york is a slap in the face to the memory of those who died that terrible day, as the burnibg of the koean would be to the manyfollowers of islam who are not radicals. itis certainly not an act of cristianity, but instead goes completely against the teachings of our Lord

Oh really? I was under the impression the Lord said "put no God before me." So how is burning the book of some bastard religion going against the teachings of our Lord? Show me these teachings.
From the Lord's mouth, to your ears!

Luke 6:27-36

[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you.

[32] "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. [33] And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. [34] And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. [35] But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. [36] Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Matthew 5:43-48 (New International Version)

Love for Enemies
43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Last edited:
"and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. "

Who woulda thunk that fannie and freddie were divinely inspired tools of god?

From the Lord's mouth, to your ears!

Luke 6:27-36

[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you.

[32] "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. [33] And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. [34] And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. [35] But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. [36] Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

I don't see anything in there about the Lord saying you should love the devil.

Public School Education?

Our Federalist Constitutional Republic is Rooted in Christian Principle.

no it isn't at all... it's rooted in philosophy.

Try reading On Liberty... by Mill and the other great political philosophers. The LAST thing its based on is christianity.

Too much was borrowed from Locke to float that. I will check out "On Liberty".

Read. I will spend more time on it. ;) Still, it reinforces that there are issues between God and Man, that no Government should have authority over.
It was now perceived that such phrases as "self-government," and "the power of the people over themselves," do not express the true state of the case. The "people" who exercise the power are not always the same people with those over whom it is exercised; and the "self-government" spoken of is not the government of each by himself, but of each by all the rest. The will of the people, moreover, practically means the will of the most numerous or the most active part of the people; the majority, or those who succeed in making themselves accepted as the majority; the people, consequently, may desire to oppress a part of their number; and precautions are as much needed against this as against any other abuse of power. The limitation, therefore, of the power of government over individuals loses none of its importance when the holders of power are regularly accountable to the community, that is, to the strongest party therein. This view of things, recommending itself equally to the intelligence of thinkers and to the inclination of those important classes in European society to whose real or supposed interests democracy is adverse, has had no difficulty in establishing itself; and in political speculations "the tyranny of the majority" is now generally included among the evils against which society requires to be on its guard. 4
Like other tyrannies, the tyranny of the majority was at first, and is still vulgarly, held in dread, chiefly as operating through the acts of the public authorities. But reflecting persons perceived that when society is itself the tyrant—society collectively, over the separate individuals who compose it—its means of tyrannizing are not restricted to the acts which it may do by the hands of its political functionaries.

I. Introductory. Mill, John Stuart. 1869. On Liberty

i've read all of it... hobbes, locke, rousseau, mill, etc... what do you think lawyers study undergrad? it's why we have to go to law school. lol..

anyone who thinks our government is rooted in christianity is misguided. in fact, if it weren't for the enlightenment, which broke christianity's hold on europe, we'd still be living in an age of trial by fire and witch hunts.

Last edited:
Or 99.999% of Christians.

He is someone that has distorted views of what it is to be a Christian, and doesn't hold OUR viewpoints. He is the same as Fred Phelps, with an agenda of hate to spread.

And if ANY soldiers or innocent people are killed because of what he wants to do, the blood is on HIS HANDS, and anyone else that participates in this sideshow of burning the Koran.

This is my opinion. -EZ

He isn't making a religious statement, but a political one.

He's a nut, for sure, but he is using what religious clout he has to express his political opinion.

And yes, he's a complete loon.

yes, he is making a political statement. if i recall correctly, i believe that should result in him losing his sweet little tax exemption on the property the church sits on.

that, combined with the mortgage being pulled...

and the fire insurance being canceled...

and the fire marshalls going to arrest them the minute they set fire to something that isn't twigs and branches....

and still the loon is going to do this. :cuckoo:

you'd think if he was really listening for a sign from G-d... he'd be looking at the above.

*shrug*

What really stinks is he failed to get the required permit for the bonfire so if and when he gets arrested over it he'll cry that his free speech has been violated and then perception will become a reality.

The Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Fla., said it will burn the Islamic holy book on the ninth anniversary of the terror attacks. Local officials have denied a permit for the bonfire on the church's grounds. But the center, which made headlines last year by distributing T-shirts that said "Islam is of the Devil,'' insists it will go ahead with the plan.

About 3,000 members of a hard-line Islamic group marched Saturday to the U.S. Embassy in downtown Jakarta, waving banners and posters condemning the plan. The group organized similar rallies in five other cities across Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim nation.

Muslims Protest Plans to Burn Quran - WSJ.com

Or 99.999% of Christians.

He is someone that has distorted views of what it is to be a Christian, and doesn't hold OUR viewpoints. He is the same as Fred Phelps, with an agenda of hate to spread.

And if ANY soldiers or innocent people are killed because of what he wants to do, the blood is on HIS HANDS, and anyone else that participates in this sideshow of burning the Koran.

This is my opinion. -EZ

He isn't making a religious statement, but a political one.

He's a nut, for sure, but he is using what religious clout he has to express his political opinion.

And yes, he's a complete loon.

yes, he is making a political statement. if i recall correctly, i believe that should result in him losing his sweet little tax exemption on the property the church sits on.

that, combined with the mortgage being pulled...

and the fire insurance being canceled...

and the fire marshalls going to arrest them the minute they set fire to something that isn't twigs and branches....

and still the loon is going to do this. :cuckoo:

you'd think if he was really listening for a sign from G-d... he'd be looking at the above.

*shrug*

That's right, because if you can't legally take away his free speech, just get him in any other way you can. Unbelieveable. This isn't about religion at all, it doesn't matter that he's a pastor or minister or whatever he is, he's a US citizen and has rights.

Forum List

Back