Thanksgiving dinner support group

Why don't you just say no and save the aggravation? I am invited to the granddaughters. Nope. Have a nice dinner. I have a dog show and Chinese food on my menu.

I've (almost) learned to accept it.

Hate not seeing the grandkids when they show up for these gatherings. (they range between 21-25, and live a min 2 hours away)
Why don't you get together at your house

I'm stressing out about Thanksgiving. I gotta cook this year and apparently I already screwed up. I got an 18 pound turkey for 10 people. So I get more meat, more pots, more stress. Should I smoke weed or not?

absolutely.

3743_wuzT_thanksivingweedholiday.jpg

Now I have to do more meat. It's gotta go in the same oven somehow. I only have four burners and they expect the whole spread

tell them to bring some containers for leftovers & they'll hafta deal with not having everything ready at the same time. even more free food as compensation is a good deal.

Why don't you just say no and save the aggravation? I am invited to the granddaughters. Nope. Have a nice dinner. I have a dog show and Chinese food on my menu.
I want to do it. I want them all to come over and like it. Chinese food like in the "Christmas Story", the movie about that kid that almost shot his eye out.

It's stressing me out that everything has to be ready at the same time

don't. you needn't be. plan it out, do some stuff early if you can. use the microwave too & you can ask them to pitch in & bring some stuff .

I'm on oxygen, 24/7. I would need to take 3-4 tanks to handle my needs just for the afternoon.

easier to let her bring me some leftovers

i guess weed is out then. damn, captain, my mother had to be on an O2 tank .

Enjoy! Listen for your timers and by all means, avoid burning the damn place down.:cool:
I'm gonna be like an Iron Chef once I get into that kitchen. I'm a bit rusty because I'm too lazy to really cook for myself. I order a lot of eat out. Or microwave

Oh, definitely, but just enough to take the edge off, as you plan and execute. Better skip the bud next Wednesday and Thursday or you'll screw it up. Maybe Tuesday too, depending on your plan.

i will be imbibing all those days - i have a large loud italian family & most of them are fox viewing trump voting (R)s ... one sister is a christian fundie, & the other has some issues as well - most times we don't talk politics, but sometimes it can get tense. i love them, but need the buzz sometimes so i don't strangle them :)

Stovetop stuffing takes 15 min to boil the water and 5 min to soak in. Adding some of the juices from the turkey in place of the water or using chicken stock instead of water makes it more flavorful.

i make that in the microwave - that frees up a burner & i like to put craisins in it instead of having cranberry sauce.

Forum List

Back