Thanks Oregon and TCU - LSU can now drop one

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
LSU can now drop one game and still make it to the NC game.

Only exception is if Arkansas beats LSU and Bama does not win out - then Arkansas would go to SECCG and LSU would miss that extra game. Bama only has to play Georgia Southern and Auburn though.

The razorbacks are hitting their stride right now. A 3 way tie would be surreal. Arkansas plays LSU quite well even in a loss. What is important now is that loser sooner team get their pathetic asses out of the top ten for good.

Only exception is if Arkansas beats LSU…

Ugh, and the hogs tend to play well in those games. I’m more concerned about Arkansas than I was Alabama.

Provided Bama wins out - if LSU drops one to arky (and beats ole miss) - I've no doubt LSU gets to advance to the CG game. There would be a 3 way tie between LSU, Arky, and Bama. The lowest ranked team in the BCS would be dropped, and the head-to-head winner of the remaining two gets the bid. Since all three would have one loss to one another - the only difference with which to rank the teams would be out of conference strength of schedule - of which Arky has the weakest by far. LSU beat Bama so they get the bid. If they beat UGA in the SECCG, the will be at least #2.

LSU loses to Ole Miss but wins against Arky - they go to CG game and again, if they win that, they go.

If LSU beats Arky and Ole Miss they finish regular season at 12-0. They could probably drop the SECCG, and still go. Oklahoma did in 2003. The argument against a CG loser is compelling - BUT the fact that LSU beat Alabama and, more importantly, Oregon, would mean that they are head-to-head better than half of the teams that could make an NC argument.

The razorbacks are hitting their stride right now. A 3 way tie would be surreal. Arkansas plays LSU quite well even in a loss. What is important now is that loser sooner team get their pathetic asses out of the top ten for good.

Arkansas has a HORRIBLE defense. The Razorbacks have had a lot of close calls this year. I really don't take them very seriously. LSU should win out and play for the national championship, even though their offense is average, at best.

Arkansas has a HORRIBLE defense. The Razorbacks have had a lot of close calls this year. I really don't take them very seriously. LSU should win out and play for the national championship, even though their offense is average, at best.

Mediocre Arkansas teams have given LSU hell. The team that beat a NC bound LSU in 2007 in Tiger Stadium finished 8-5.

And Arkansas plays their whole season just to spoil LSU's. LSU was Sugar Bowl bound last year - Arky spoiled it.

In 2005 Arky was 4-7 and lost to a one loss LSU by only 2 points at Tiger Stadium. The 2 point difference was made by a safety that LSU had scored in the 1st half, and Arky missed a 2 pt conversion attempt that would have tied the game in the 4th. Arky was in fact at the LSU 41 yard line with 57 seconds to go, about to get into field goal range, when LSU intercepted the ball. LSU would have not won the west if they had lost (though by the beat down UGA gave us in the SECCG, maybe it would have been better to lose :))

Point is Arky is almost ALWAYS a close game. The fact that their defense sucks is of little comfort considering LSU's offense is mediocre. Victory for LSU, I believe, can only be assured if our defense and special teams are able to set up our offense with easy drives. Neither Lee or Jefferson are consistent QB's.

Last edited:
Bama manhandled the Razorbacks. LSU's defense will beat Ark.

But the better question is, if OK State loses to OK, who plays LSU for the NC?

OK? They got hammered by a team that hasn't beaten anyone worth a damn besides OK. A humiliating lose has to hurt their chances, but then they also haven't yet lost to LSU.

AL? They have, in my opinion, the best argument for playing in the NC because they played LSU to OT and only lost by 3.

Oregon? LSU beat them like a redheaded stepchild to start the season. It wasn't even as close as the final score shows, because Oregon scored their last TD after there was no chance of them winning.

You mean if they lose to IOWA STATE ? LOL!

Did anyone see that game last night? Iowa St's defense played SPECTACULAR!!!! They he'd OSU's offense to a mere 17 points and handed turnover after turnover after turnover to their offense. Their offense - not so good, gave up a pic6 and led by QB who started the season 4th string - BUT given enough turnovers (including an surprise onside kick in the 3rd quarter) - they were able to tie up the game at regulation and keep OSU's offense on the bench most of the game. The teams matched TD's in the 1st OT, and when OSU began the 2nd OT, they threw ANOTHER interception to Iowa St., and Iowa St scored a TD on their possession to win it.

LSU would have DECIMATED OSU's offense.

AL? They have, in my opinion, the best argument for playing in the NC because they played LSU to OT and only lost by 3.

I disagree. If LSU and Bama win out - Bama still will not have even won its division.

Oregon? LSU beat them like a redheaded stepchild to start the season. It wasn't even as close as the final score shows, because Oregon scored their last TD after there was no chance of them winning.

LSU beat both Bama and Oregon already and IMO it would be unfair to have to play them again.

Imagine this - LSU and Oregon both win out and play for the NC - and Oregon wins. Then both teams would finish 13-1, both teams will have played each other twice and won against each other once, but one gets the NC title and the other doesn't. Fair?

Last edited:

You mean if they lose to IOWA STATE ? LOL!

Did anyone see that game last night? Iowa St's defense played SPECTACULAR!!!! They he'd OSU's offense to a mere 17 points and handed turnover after turnover after turnover to their offense. Their offense - not so good, gave up a pic6 and led by QB who started the season 4th string - BUT given enough turnovers (including an surprise onside kick in the 3rd quarter) - they were able to tie up the game at regulation and keep OSU's offense on the bench most of the game. The teams matched TD's in the 1st OT, and when OSU began the 2nd OT, they threw ANOTHER interception to Iowa St., and Iowa St scored a TD on their possession to win it.

LSU would have DECIMATED OSU's offense.

I disagree. If LSU and Bama win out - Bama still will not have even won its division.

LSU beat both Bama and Oregon already and IMO it would be unfair to have to play them again.

Imagine this - LSU and Oregon both win out and play for the NC - and Oregon wins. Then both teams would finish 13-1, both teams will have played each other twice and won against each other once, but one gets the NC title and the other doesn't. Fair?

The BCS is designed to pit the two best teams against each other. That would be LSU & Bama. Only one team played LSU to a tie in regulation play. The rest of the schedule was teams that LSU manhandled.

The only reason Bama won't win its division is that we share the division with LSU. The rest of the top ranked teams (except Arkansas) don't share the division with the #1 team.

Besides, if you will look at the BCS rules and regulations, I would love for you to copy & paste the rule that forbids a team from playing for the NC if they didn't win their division.

Also, what if Bama beat Florida in the regular season (like we did) and then had to play them again in the SEC Championship? If Florida won that game, would people say they were tied or that the Gators won the SEC Championship? FL would win the SEC Championship, of course.

I have an even scarier scenario for you.

Supposed Ark beats LSU. The pollsters would likely boost the Razorbacks to #1, LSU would drop to #2 and Bama would drop to #3. Ark would play GA in the SEC Championship.

Then if GA wins the SEC Championship, Ark would drop, but LSU could move back to #1 and Bama back to #2.

Since the BCS is about pitting the #1 and #2 teams, we could possibly have 2 SEC teams playing for the NC, and neither of them would have won their conference.

If that happens we would be much closer to a playoff system.

I have an even scarier scenario for you.

Supposed Ark beats LSU. The pollsters would likely boost the Razorbacks to #1, LSU would drop to #2 and Bama would drop to #3. Ark would play GA in the SEC Championship.

Unlikely arky would move at all unless they win by a lot. There will be an exact 3 way tie between LSU Bama and Arky - and its quite clear that Arky's out of conference schedule is the worst of the three.

As an Arky, I'd be afraid to go to that game tomorrow. I'd probably get mobbed by a crowd of drunks and beat up, if not by the knuckle dragging players themselves. I predict the "Arky" QB will come out on a stretcher after being hit by a beer bottle or slipping on someone's cyrstal meth near the line of scrimmage.

As an Arky, I'd be afraid to go to that game tomorrow. I'd probably get mobbed by a crowd of drunks and beat up, if not by the knuckle dragging players themselves. I predict the "Arky" QB will come out on a stretcher after being hit by a beer bottle or slipping on someone's cyrstal meth near the line of scrimmage.

You arky fans are such a bunch of whining paranoid pussies. I've heard the same BS from my cousin and her hubby who are arky fans, who were considering coming to the game, but were afraid they'd get beat up. My cousin's hubby is friggin 6'6" for crissakes.

As long as you don't go around antagonizing drunk frat boys on purpose, you've got nothing to worry about. 97% of all fan violence that goes on at any college football game is drunk stupid frat boy vs. drunk stupid frat boy. Worse that would happen to normal people is someone points at them and yells "TIGER BAIT" - which is exactly what you are so what's the problem?

But hey, if being a bunch of paranoid losers means less pigs and more yelling and screaming members of TIGER NATION at the game - fine.

BTW - we haven't thrown glass at the other team in TS in decades, your information is dated. And I heard the arky qb broke his hand tonight after getting a DUI because a wide receiver's girlfriends dog died and he was sad.

Last edited:
Well apparently Arkansas is a useless bunch of quitters. Whether it's 1969, 1998, or 20 seconds ago Arkansas will always be, in it's best year a 10-3 team. They'll lose their bowl game as well so they might as well go to a shitty bowl like the cotton. They're a disgrace. Not as a big a disgrace as the white trash inbreeds who inhabit most of the LSU fan base but pretty close.

Last edited:
Well apparently Arkansas is a useless bunch of quitters. Whether it's 1969, 1998, or 20 seconds ago Arkansas will always be, in it's best year a 10-3 team. They'll lose their bowl game as well so they might as well go to a shitty bowl like the cotton. They're a disgrace. Not as a big a disgrace as the white trash inbreeds who inhabit most of the LSU fan base but pretty close.

An Arkansas fan is calling Louisianians inbred?

LOL!

GEAUX TIGERS

BTW - don't be so hard on Arky. They just played the best college football team TO EVER PLAY THE GAME

Forum List

Back