Thank you President Obama and AG Holder!

I'm not really sure why some folks expect a bunch of lawyers to be able to stop an oil spill. That's not their job.

i'm not sure why some folks think it's such a great idea to send in the lawyers, given that they can't stop an oil spill and will probably hinder the process.

i guess i'm just not stupid enough

drat

Uhh, because its time to sue the fuck out of BP and the responsible parties? And bring criminal charges if any crimes were committed? Are you fucking STUPID?

Oh that's right, my bad, you don't want BP to actually have to pay for their mess. They're a corporation. Its immoral to sue them or to even speak ill of them.

The fuck pretty much is being sued out of BP, with 130 or so filings thus far.

You have been baying for blood over this for days. I'm starting to think you're enjoying it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
i'm not sure why some folks think it's such a great idea to send in the lawyers, given that they can't stop an oil spill and will probably hinder the process.

drat

Uhh, because its time to sue the fuck out of BP and the responsible parties? And bring criminal charges if any crimes were committed? Are you fucking STUPID?

Oh that's right, my bad, you don't want BP to actually have to pay for their mess. They're a corporation. Its immoral to sue them or to even speak ill of them.

You have been baying for blood over this for days. I'm starting to think you're enjoying it.

maybe he thinks they can get the settlement in dollar bills and use them to sop up the oil?

it must be a lot of work to be this stupid

How about having them spend as much time trying to to STOP the spilled oil from reaching the the coastline as they spend trying to find someone to blame?

I'm not really sure why some folks expect a bunch of lawyers to be able to stop an oil spill. That's not their job.

Reading comprehension Tuba. My post didn't say "stop the spill". It said "stop the spilled oil from reaching the coastline. Maybe I've missed it but I haven't seen anyone trying to collect the spilled oil before it hits the coast. They might not stop it all but they could minimize the damage. They'll have plenty of time to lay blame AFTER the crisis is resolved. They should either help or get the hell out of Bobby's way.

If you're so concerned about reading comprehension, you might want to re-read the rightwing mantra of "Govt is not the solution; Govt is the problem". Hopefully, this time you will comprehend its' meaning

Or maybe not. I dont think you could handle the cognitive dissonance when you're crying out for the "nanny govt" to come to the rescue.

Reading comprehension Tuba. My post didn't say "stop the spill". It said "stop the spilled oil from reaching the coastline. Maybe I've missed it but I haven't seen anyone trying to collect the spilled oil before it hits the coast. They might not stop it all but they could minimize the damage. They'll have plenty of time to lay blame AFTER the crisis is resolved. They should either help or get the hell out of Bobby's way.

If you're so concerned about reading comprehension, you might want to re-read the rightwing mantra of "Govt is not the solution; Govt is the problem". Hopefully, this time you will comprehend its' meaning

Or maybe not. I dont think you could handle the cognitive dissonance when you're crying out for the "nanny govt" to come to the rescue.

Did you miss the part of getting the hell out of Bobby's way?

The Nanny state isn't incapable of rescue. It nags thru taxation and tells us what's good for us. It is incapable of solving a problem like this, and that's why it is not the solution.

The Nanny state isn't incapable of rescue. It nags thru taxation and tells us what's good for us. It is incapable of solving a problem like this, and that's why it is not the solution.

That was just a mishmash of ideas - Jindal's right that they don't need the feds, and the right's right that govt is the problem, but Jindal needs the feds and govt isn't always the problem.

And so that govt, which can't do anything right, should keep the oil from reaching the coast (by stepping aside), even though the coast is Jindals responsiblity and he says these problems are *NEVER* too much for the people of his state, except when the problem *IS* too large for his state, in which case the taxes which pay for the fed help is unwanted "nagging" because the feds are not always the problem.

Yeah, that makes sense

Non sense

That was just a mishmash of ideas - Jindal's right that they don't need the feds, and the right's right that govt is the problem, but Jindal needs the feds and govt isn't always the problem.

And so that govt, which can't do anything right, should keep the oil from reaching the coast (by stepping aside), even though the coast is Jindals responsiblity and he says these problems are *NEVER* too much for the people of his state, except when the problem *IS* too large for his state, in which case the taxes which pay for the fed help is unwanted "nagging" because the feds are not always the problem.

Yeah, that makes sense

Non sense

I saw Adam's Rib, too.

First of all, I should like to say that I think the arguments advanced by the counsel for the defense were sound... MERE sound!

Great line.

How about having them spend as much time trying to to STOP the spilled oil from reaching the the coastline as they spend trying to find someone to blame?

So what the fuck is your hero Eric Holder doing visiting the scene? An what does Obama do but stage a visit with extras to show that the government is involved? Lip service...that's all your two heroes have to offer...bullshit lip service. There's MILLIONS of gallons of oil floating on or near the surface. How 'bout our all powerful government take charge of keeping it off shore and leave the leak fixing to those that know what they're doing? Lawyers and community organizers are virtually useless in stopping the leak.

drat

Back off and let them stop the fuckin' leak first, you imbecile. We've got a redefinition of major catastrophe happening before our eyes and you're wanting to sue? Fuck you, adolescent imbecile!

All this bullshit talk from Washington and the talking heads all over the world can do nothing but impede the progress in the attempts to stop the fucking leak. Keeping the leaked oil off the beaches SHOULD be easy. Just manufacture those booms with huge, long tubes to hang long, impervious drapes about 30 or 40 feet into the water and make a big corral around the oil slick. Then throw all the scum sucking liberals into the center and tell them to keep on suckin'!

Obama will wait for the oil to ruin the beaches and then hire a million illegal aliens to clean it up...and boast of the jobs he created.

We are being governed by a bunch of dickwads.

drat

and that will stop the oil from destroying the environment how, brainiac?

It won't, stupid.

Reading comprehension Tuba. My post didn't say "stop the spill". It said "stop the spilled oil from reaching the coastline.

OK. How are a bunch of lawyers supposed to do that?
Maybe I've missed it but I haven't seen anyone trying to collect the spilled oil before it hits the coast
You've missed it then. Please go catch up with the last 45 days of news and then get back to us.

They'll have plenty of time to lay blame AFTER the crisis is resolved. They should either help or get the hell out of Bobby's way.

Are you suggesting the governor doesn't want the Justice Department to get to work on this? I couldn't imagine why.

Do you think BP's lawyers are just sitting around waiting for the crisis to "end" - which BTW, won't actually happen till decades after prescription for torts runs out - before they get to work?

and that will stop the oil from destroying the environment how, brainiac?

It won't, stupid.

exactly, so why is this your (and obama's apparently) top priority?

do you disagree with the captain of the titanic's decision not to rearrange the deck chairs as well?

Keeping the leaked oil off the beaches SHOULD be easy. Just manufacture those booms with huge, long tubes to hang long, impervious drapes about 30 or 40 feet into the water and make a big corral around the oil slick. Then throw all the scum sucking liberals into the center and tell them to keep on suckin'![/QUOTE}

If it's so easy, why can't Booby "We don't need no stinking feds" Jindal do it hisself?

Once again, the hypocritical "Govt isn't the solution; govt is the problem" conservatives sit on their butts, waiting for their nanny state feds to bail them out.

The wingers even admit that it's easy to do, but still, they NEED the feds to hold their hands.

Last edited:

drat

Great. BP is still around so apparently there needs to be more. For one thing, only the federal government can punish BP for any federal criminal violations it has committed. But I guess you don't wanna punish corporations for crimes, since corporations have special rights and are more important than humans.

When did Piyush ever say that the AG was "in his way"?

drat

Shouldn't you first identify the cause of the leak before you cast blame and start filing charges? What if it's found to be a mechanical failure that caused the leak or simply an unfortunate accident?

By the way, BP is paying for the clean-up and has been since day one, almost a billion dollars thus far.

Great. BP is still around so apparently there needs to be more. For one thing, only the federal government can punish BP for any federal criminal violations it has committed. But I guess you don't wanna punish corporations for crimes, since corporations have special rights and are more important than humans.

And what "Federal Crime" do you think BP has committed?

When did Piyush ever say that the AG was "in his way"?

You're just not getting rightwing logic. In their topsy turvy world, the feds screw up EVERYTHING and that's why Jindal is now crying for MORE federal intervention. It seems that conservatives can't get anything done, so they need the intrusive feds to interfere more with their efforts.

Well, I feel MUCH better, now....

:eusa_hand:

James Cameron lends hand to help solve Gulf oil spill at meeting with scientists and engineers

alg_director_james-cameron.jpg

Cameron joined a group of more than 20 scientists and engineers Tuesday who met to discuss solutions.

The Canadian-born director considers himself an expert in underwater filming and is lauded for his use of remote vehicles.

Read more: James Cameron lends hand to help solve Gulf oil spill at meeting with scientists and engineers

So what the fuck is your hero Eric Holder doing visiting the scene?

Conducting a criminal investigation:
Feds conducting criminal, civil probe of oil spill, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder says | NOLA.com
Meeting with the Texas and Louisiana Attorney Generals and the local U.S. Attorneys
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to tour Gulf oil spill | NOLA.com

There's MILLIONS of gallons of oil floating on or near the surface. How 'bout our all powerful government take charge of keeping it off shore and leave the leak fixing to those that know what they're doing?

If you can find someone who knows what they are doing with regards to fixing this leak, please call Governor Jindal immediately.

Lawyers and community organizers are virtually useless in stopping the leak.

They aren't trying to stop the leak and no one is expecting them to. I fail to see your point.

Back off and let them stop the fuckin' leak first, you imbecile.

Why? BP's lawyers are already hard at work. Why shouldn't ours be?
We've got a redefinition of major catastrophe happening before our eyes and you're wanting to sue? Fuck you, adolescent imbecile!

I can't imagine why you wouldn't want BP and responsible parties to be punished for this other than the immense mental retardation that has plagued you since birth.

Are you are aware that thousands upon thousands of people are suffering - right now - because of the damages caused by BP? They are going hungry and not having money to pay their bills - literally, right now, because they have lost their income. Archdiocese of New Orleans: More than 4,600 people impacted by oil spill given assistance | NOLA.com So why don't you go tell them yourself, personally, that they are being adolescent imbeciles for suing BP. Go to the same Catholic Charity these hard working people now have to go to for help because BP took their living away - and tell them to their faces they are "adolescent imbeciles".
All this bullshit talk from Washington and the talking heads all over the world can do nothing but impede the progress in the attempts to stop the fucking leak.

Please explain how "bullshit talk" will impede the progress in the attempts to stop the fucking leak.

Forum List

Back