Thank you President Obama and AG Holder!

i'm not sure why some folks think it's such a great idea to send in the lawyers, given that they can't stop an oil spill and will probably hinder the process.

i guess i'm just not stupid enough

drat

Uhh, because its time to sue the fuck out of BP and the responsible parties? And bring criminal charges if any crimes were committed? Are you fucking STUPID?

Oh that's right, my bad, you don't want BP to actually have to pay for their mess. They're a corporation. Its immoral to sue them or to even speak ill of them.

Shouldn't you first identify the cause of the leak before you cast blame and start filing charges?

Yes. That's why they are conducting an investigation.
What if it's found to be a mechanical failure that caused the leak or simply an unfortunate accident?

It was a mechanical failure that cause the leak, that's no in question.

Did you miss the part of getting the hell out of Bobby's way?

The Nanny state isn't incapable of rescue. It nags thru taxation and tells us what's good for us. It is incapable of solving a problem like this, and that's why it is not the solution.

When did Piyush ever say that the AG was "in his way"?

You're just not getting rightwing logic. In their topsy turvy world, the feds screw up EVERYTHING and that's why Jindal is now crying for MORE federal intervention. It seems that conservatives can't get anything done, so they need the intrusive feds to interfere more with their efforts.

I don't really care if you're right wing or left wing if you keep dogging on my governor I'm going to neg rep you every time I can.

Uhh, because its time to sue the fuck out of BP and the responsible parties? And bring criminal charges if any crimes were committed? Are you fucking STUPID?

Oh that's right, my bad, you don't want BP to actually have to pay for their mess. They're a corporation. Its immoral to sue them or to even speak ill of them.

Shouldn't you first identify the cause of the leak before you cast blame and start filing charges?

What if it's found to be a mechanical failure that caused the leak or simply an unfortunate accident?

A CRIMINAL investigation, implies a crime has been committed and is being investigated.

So what exactly caused the leak? What mechanical device failed and who is to blame for its failure? And what crime is being investigated?!?

Last edited:
Great. BP is still around so apparently there needs to be more. For one thing, only the federal government can punish BP for any federal criminal violations it has committed. But I guess you don't wanna punish corporations for crimes, since corporations have special rights and are more important than humans.

And what "Federal Crime" do you think BP has committed?

For one, violation of 16 USC 703. There's probably numerous others. Plus civil penalties under the Clean Water Act and others.

When did Piyush ever say that the AG was "in his way"?

You're just not getting rightwing logic. In their topsy turvy world, the feds screw up EVERYTHING and that's why Jindal is now crying for MORE federal intervention. It seems that conservatives can't get anything done, so they need the intrusive feds to interfere more with their efforts.

I don't really care if you're right wing or left wing if you keep dogging on my governor I'm going to neg rep you every time I can.

I can't tell you just how frightened I am of your awesome neg-rep powers!!! That's because they have not yet invented a word that small :lol::lol:

Last edited:

A CRIMINAL investigation, implies a crime has been committed and is being investigated.

So what exactly caused the leak? What mechanical device failed and who is to blame for its failure? And what crime is being investigated?!?

BP stock tumbles as feds announce oil-spill probes - Yahoo! News

Holder said the laws under review for the criminal and civil probes include the Clean Water Act, the Oil Pollution Act of 1990, the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the Endangered Species Act. He said the government would pursue criminal charges "if warranted," a caveat he did not include for civil action.

Last edited:

Holder said the laws under review for the criminal and civil probes include the Clean Water Act, the Oil Pollution Act of 1990, the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the Endangered Species Act. He said the government would pursue criminal charges "if warranted," a caveat he did not include for civil action.

You didn't answer my questions.

And your link resulted in this: "about:blank"

Last edited:
The more I read Spideys ignorant posts, the more I believe he is enjoying playing the victim. He loves the attention and will be truly disappointed when this spill isn't here to revel in.

You didn't answer my questions.

Incorrect. I answered one in this post.

Last edited:

Here's me answering the other two from a previous post.

Incorrect. I answered one.

Notice the "s" at the end of the word "question", so no you didn't answer my questions.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...sident-obama-and-ag-holder-4.html#post2366942

Answer my questions you fucking retard!!! A link does not answer my specific questions.

What mechanical device failed?

Who was responsible for it failing?

What crime was committed?

Who committed the crime?

Notice the "s" at the end of the word "question", so no you didn't answer my questions.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...sident-obama-and-ag-holder-4.html#post2366942

Answer my questions you fucking retard!!! A link does not answer my specific questions.

What mechanical device failed?
The blow out preventer.
Who was responsible for it failing?
BP or one of its agents.
What crime was committed?

Violations of the Migratory Birds Treaty Act and Endangered Species Act, like I've already pointed out.

Who committed the crime?

Violations of the aforementioned acts were committed by BP or one of its agents.

Great. BP is still around so apparently there needs to be more. For one thing, only the federal government can punish BP for any federal criminal violations it has committed. But I guess you don't wanna punish corporations for crimes, since corporations have special rights and are more important than humans.

For one, violation of 16 USC 703. There's probably numerous others. Plus civil penalties under the Clean Water Act and others.

***§ 706 · Arrests; search warrants

Any employee of the Department of Agriculture [Department of Interior] authorized by the Secretary of Agriculture [Secretary of the Interior] to enforce the provisions of this Act shall have power, without warrant, to arrest any person committing a violation of this Act.***

It would seem that the AG wouldn't step in unless and until the Interior filed charges.
Or am I reading this wrong??
:eusa_eh:

***§ 706 · Arrests; search warrants

Any employee of the Department of Agriculture [Department of Interior] authorized by the Secretary of Agriculture [Secretary of the Interior] to enforce the provisions of this Act shall have power, without warrant, to arrest any person committing a violation of this Act.***

It would seem that the AG wouldn't step in unless and until the Interior filed charges.
Or am I reading this wrong??
:eusa_eh:
What you are reading gives the dept of the interior authority to appoint what is essentially a game warden - the granting of this power to the dept of interior does not take enforcement power away from the justice department.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back