<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
From the Washington post:

U.S. attorney general opens criminal probe of Gulf oil spill
By Theresa Vargas
Washington Post
June 1, 2010

NEW ORLEANS -- Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. announced Tuesday that his office is using "the full weight" of its investigative power to pursue criminal and civil investigations into the oil spill that has devastated the Gulf Coast.

"The Department of Justice will ensure that the American people do not foot the bill for this disaster and that our laws are enforced to the fullest extent possible," he said.

Git 'em. :clap2:

This certainly makes me feel better, now we can sit around and watch the DoJ talk about prosecuting BP for a few months.

• Banned
Makes me feel better.

What's to stop the other oil companies from doing it again if no-one pays the price?

Somebody needs to go to jail.

• Banned
demonize demonize demonize.

Oh, give me a break.

You do nothing but scream about how Obama isn't doing enough to fix BP's mess, but you don't think BP should be held accountable?

Seriously? :cuckoo:

I figured as soon as I heard this that the wingnuts would side with BP. This is more of 'find some way to criticized Obama no matter what he does'. Some RW nut on cable said they should be concentrating on plugging the well first, lol, as if Holder and the JD is needed for that.

• Banned
Oh yeah, can't you see Holder in a wet-suit diving a mile underwater? I'm sure he'd be a big help cleaning up the spill.

Oh, give me a break.

You do nothing but scream about how Obama isn't doing enough to fix BP's mess, but you don't think BP should be held accountable?

I figured as soon as I heard this that the wingnuts would side with BP. This is more of 'find some way to criticized Obama no matter what he does'. Some RW nut on cable said they should be concentrating on plugging the well first, lol, as if Holder and the JD is needed for that.

how do you equate "not criminalizing" with "siding with"?

oh yeah,, the librul way is to demonize demonize demonize..

now me,, I'm not one to jump the gun

give BP a chance to make it right,, if they don't then go after them.. holder just wants to look bolder and save obie wan's arse.

This was inevitable, although I thought it would wait until after the commisson report was isssued.

Like a bad company that focuses on blame rather than solutions to problems, this too will end in nothing gained... and to the detriment of those with a stake in the game... everyone will only end up worse off, on all sides

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Like a bad company that focuses on blame rather than solutions to problems, this too will end in nothing gained... and to the detriment of those with a stake in the game... everyone will only end up worse off, on all sides

this is the equivalent of holding the nuremburg trials on june 5, 1944.
:cuckoo:

11 people died and Holder is trying to score political points.

Has Obama plugged the hole yet?

this is the equivalent of holding the nuremburg trials on june 5, 1944.
:cuckoo:

Indeed... Or threatening the plumber with investigation and lawsuit while the leak is still happening and you don't even know why, all the while your basement is filling with water

Assess the problem, implement your solutions, help in any way possible to prevent more damage, investigate when the problem is solved and information is gathered, and if there is reasonable cause to charge someone with negligence or a crime, go for it then

Oh, give me a break.

They should definitely be held accountable. My question is what happens if the corporation is found guilty of a "crime?" You can't exactly throw a company in jail.

Forum List

Back