Thank You, PC Police

Affirmitive action isn't racist, but it is insulting. It says that other ethnicities are less capable than another and so should be given positions and employment despite not matching up.

That's not Affirmative Action. Affirmative Action means that if two candidates are equally qualified, the white guy doesn't automatically get the job.
It would be nice if it worked that way, but it does not.
For instance, lets say that the two applicants were exactly equal to each other, no difference other than the color of their skin.
If I were doing the hiring, I would hire the white, does anyone see issue here?
The big problem that I see where I work, after 7 years of being in the office that the applicants come through for interviews, is that in those 7 years I can count the white males that were picked for interviews on one hand. And, none of them were hired.
How can one explain that in a society where the minority applicants make up 12% of the population, are they well over 95% of the applicants that make it to an interview, and 100% of those hired.

The moths you never acknowledge
Correct!

The opinions of hardcore partisan ideologues regarding my posts is of little value to me. Other than, of course, to serve as a fascinating amateur psychological / sociological / anthropological study.

Perhaps you're getting it now.

I see, it allows to to keep looking down on us mere mortals. I GET it...

Correct!

The opinions of hardcore partisan ideologues regarding my posts is of little value to me. Other than, of course, to serve as a fascinating amateur psychological / sociological / anthropological study.

Great! Yay!

Correct!

Great! Yay!

It is not surprising that folks on the right are incredulous about microaggressions. Being self centered and incapable of empathy explains most of it. The rest is just ignorance.

As they say, ignorance is bliss...

When you’ve walked through the world without meeting people making assumptions about you, it might be hard to imagine.

Correct!

Great! Yay!

It is not surprising that folks on the right are incredulous about microaggressions. Being self centered and incapable of empathy explains most of it. The rest is just ignorance.

When you’ve walked through the world without meeting people making assumptions about you, it might be hard to imagine.
It's no shock that a snowflake like you would fall for that shit. Anything to demonize others as "insensitive", like thats the biggest sin out there.

This is great, finally they're saying up front what they don't want people to say, so that we can plan ahead. And they're finally admitting that they don't consider America to be a Melting Pot:

The University of California s Insane Speech Police - The Daily Beast

And here we go, from the piece:

Saying, “There is only one race, the human race,” is offensive because it denies “the significance of a person of color’s racial/ethnic experience and history.”

“America is the land of opportunity,” implies that “People of color are lazy and/or incompetent and need to work harder.”

Asking an Asian, Latino, or Native American “why are you so quiet?” is tantamount to giving the order “assimilate to dominant culture.”

And stating the opinion, “Affirmative action is racist,” is a microaggression by default. But how are students and faculty supposed to have an intellectual discussion about the merits of affirmative action if anyone making the opposite case is automatically branded a racist?

And they include "Melting Pot" in the list. At least it's official now.

Thanks, PC Police, keep 'em coming, I know you will.

There's only one human species, homo sapiens. But just as identical species of animals have unique adaptations for where they live, and what they eat (finches on the Galapagos et al.) humans come in a variety of skin pigments oweing to where they developed. Darker pigments in more UV-intense regions, lighter pigments in more northern or southern climes. But we're all the same animal.

Affirmitive action isn't racist, but it is insulting. It says that other ethnicities are less capable than another and so should be given positions and employment despite not matching up.

Others were too stupid to reply to. :)
Yep.

Although they are kinda funny.

Y'know, the "I can't believe these people actually come up with this stuff" kinda funny.

Correct!

Great! Yay!

It's no shock that a snowflake like you would fall for that shit. Anything to demonize others as "insensitive", like thats the biggest sin out there.

It is not the "biggest sin out there"...it is not even a sin. What's most frustrating to people who are subjected to microaggressions is the person delivering the microaggression often does not know he’s doing it and might even think he is complimenting the other individual.

“When you try to bring the issue of microaggressions to the attention of people who are completely unaware that they have delivered a microaggression, they get defensive and deny it and tend to say that you’re being paranoid or you’re being oversensitive”

Read more at: Microaggression National Review Online

Correct!

Great! Yay!

It is not the "biggest sin out there"...it is not even a sin. What's most frustrating to people who are subjected to microaggressions is the person delivering the microaggression often does not know he’s doing it and might even think he is complimenting the other individual.

“When you try to bring the issue of microaggressions to the attention of people who are completely unaware that they have delivered a microaggression, they get defensive and deny it and tend to say that you’re being paranoid or you’re being oversensitive”

Gee why would someone think a person suffering from microaggression is being paranoid or overly sensitive? Can't imagine!

Great! Yay!

Gee why would someone think a person suffering from microaggression is being paranoid or overly sensitive? Can't imagine!

Of course you can't. The simple right wing mind is not capable of putting themselves in another person's shoes. The ONLY way a turd like you could have an epiphany is if it happens to you.

Great! Yay!

Of course you can't. The simple right wing mind is not capable of putting themselves in another person's shoes. The ONLY way a turd like you could have an epiphany is if it happens to you.
You're correct. I never took Abnormal Psychology so I really can't imagine it.
Here's an idea: grow a pair, man up, and shut the fuck up, asshole.

Yes, the ability of white males to "just not get it" might be imperiled by asking them to think about what they say.

Not to worry, Mac. You'll keep saying ignorant things, and most of us will just roll our eyes. .

Sorry, JoeyB. Those of us who follow your posts in here have the "roll our eyes" market cornered in response to your many lies, so you'll have to come up with something different, unique. Shouldn't be all that hard for your twisted way of thinking.

Yes, the ability of white males to "just not get it" might be imperiled by asking them to think about what they say.

Not to worry, Mac. You'll keep saying ignorant things, and most of us will just roll our eyes. .

Sorry, JoeyB. Those of us who follow your posts in here have the "roll our eyes" market cornered in response to your many lies, so you'll have to come up with something different, unique. Shouldn't be all that hard for your twisted way of thinking.
Joe is the biggest bigot on this forum. Also perhaps the biggest hypocrite. Ask him if his tolerance extends to Mormons.

If you look up abnormal psychology, your picture is next to it. Human decency was never taught to you. You are a cretin.

Just a matter of fact are we all a part of the human race? If not, that would imply that we are all not a part of the human race. Which one of us are not a part of the human race? Obviously Obama has transcended to God-hood by now so he is no longer part of the human race. Asians are obviously beyond human because of how smart they are so there humans. Status is questionable. Another pissibility is that we have finally made first contact with aliens and they are living among us.

Oh, guy, I know you like to bend over for the rich faster than a Dominican Rent Boy does for El Rushbo. (No, seriously, where do you th ink he got that nick-name.)

But a university training it's employees on how NOT to offend the students is probably a good idea in the real world.

If you look up abnormal psychology, your picture is next to it. Human decency was never taught to you. You are a cretin.
Insults are all you have. It is your own version of micro-aggression against others. Because you have micro capabilities.
The whole thing is bullshit. People who cannot deal with those who do not share their views or are even hostile to their views shouldn't be out in public.

Forum List

Back