Thank God

Funny how the same people who say "You can't judge Obama's presidency as bad or a failure in the first few months" are the same people saying he is a great president in his first few months.

who's saying great? you seem to be confused between defense against the bizarre and freakish attacks of the lunatic right and saying he's going to be a "great" president.

big difference there, kimosabe.

methinks not Pocahontas.

methinks not Pocahontas.

because you say so? lol... too funny.

i always love when the right creates a construct of what they pretend the "left" (as if there is a homogeneous left) believes and then argues against it.

heh...

What you still don't seem to understand is that i am not "the right"

personally anyone who thinks that Obama's presidency will be good for anyone except the newly increased 50% from 38% of the population that pays no taxes is quite frankly in my opinion an idiot.

Anyone who thinks that cap and trade tax scams will do anything but decimate businesses and households alike with skyrocketing energy costs and therefore increased costs on everything else simply has their head in the sand.

Anyone who does not realize that Obama's projections of revenue increases are based on pie in the sky, rose colored glasses, growth predictions that will never happen is either completely ignorant or simply choosing to deny reality.

But people like you who believe the government should be the county's largest employer obviously wouldn't see the rationale in smaller less expensive government.

Last edited:
Obamaphiles will live in denial for the rest of their lives, and try to savage any loyal opposition. The man, the myth, the new Religion, The Obama.

I'm not sure that's true. But either way, you didn't vote for him. You would never have voted for him and it doesn't matter what he does, you don't agree idiologically and you would never and will never vote for him.

personally anyone who thinks that Obama's presidency will be good for anyone except the newly increased 50% from 38% of the population that pays no taxes is quite frankly in my opinion an idiot.

That number is fallacioius. No matter how many times it's corrected, you guys are still repeating it.

Anyone who thinks that cap and trade tax scams will do anything but decimate businesses and households alike with skyrocketing energy costs and therefore increased costs on everything else simply has their head in the sand.

Again, when someone uses the word "scam" to discuss these issues, it's a pretty fair bet that we aren't going to see the world the same way. You also, as I recall, don't believe the federal government should be doing much of anything.

Anyone who does not realize that Obama's projections of revenue increases are based on pie in the sky, rose colored glasses, growth predictions that will never happen is either completely ignorant or simply choosing to deny reality.

No. They're based on restoring (after the tax cuts for the rich expire) the taxation rates that ALWAYS should have been in effect. The hysteria about it seems a bit odd to me since we did very well under Clinton.

But people like you who believe the government should be the county's largest employer obviously wouldn't see the rationale in smaller less expensive government.

There you go again... deciding what I believe. It's not that the government SHOULD be the country's largest employer. Realistically it IS one of the largest employers... not as big as Wal-Mart, though. Should everyone be saying "you want fries with that"? Will that make your libertarian sensibilities sing?

I'm not sure that's true. But either way, you didn't vote for him. You would never have voted for him and it doesn't matter what he does, you don't agree idiologically and you would never and will never vote for him.

And that makes me right? or the right as you say? I didn't vote for bush or mccain either so now where do I fit in your narrow views of ideology?

That number is fallacioius. No matter how many times it's corrected, you guys are still repeating it.

So people who pay no income tax won't be getting a stimulus check?

Again, when someone uses the word "scam" to discuss these issues, it's a pretty fair bet that we aren't going to see the world the same way. You also, as I recall, don't believe the federal government should be doing much of anything.

Cap and trade IS a scam as the government will be auctioning off "carbon credits" that have no market value. If a bank or Wall St firm did this you would be calling for their heads.

No. They're based on restoring (after the tax cuts for the rich expire) the taxation rates that ALWAYS should have been in effect. The hysteria about it seems a bit odd to me since we did very well under Clinton.

The amount of tax revenue gained from the evil 2 or 3% of the population won't even be a drop in the bucket toward paying for Obama's plans.

he has based some of his revenue projections on 4% growth of GDP. You think that is realistic?

There you go again... deciding what I believe. It's not that the government SHOULD be the country's largest employer. Realistically it IS one of the largest employers... not as big as Wal-Mart, though. Should everyone be saying "you want fries with that"? Will that make your libertarian sensibilities sing?[/quote]

But it's OK for you to tell me where I stand ideologically?

Last edited:
the majority of the American people are not represented by this board. Some of you spend you're entire day posting thread after thread trying desperately to prove Obama is an awful President, well, America doesn't agree

Obama's honeymoon with Americans still going strong - CNN.com

Yup and as I recall Bush had 92 percent approval and remained in the 70's for quite some time. So I guess the response to you Bush haters is " we are glad you do not represent the country"

In fact Bush has the HIGHEST ever approval rating of ANY President EVER. Obama is not even close. And already falling. Which will just get worse as he spends trillions more we do NOT have on his cronies and buddies.

Remind me again? Bush spent a trillion on 2 wars and that was bad, but Obama wanting to spend 3 trillion with out even factoring in the wars is somehow a GOOD thing? 3 trillion not counting the annual budgets either. Bush doubled the deficit in 8 years, Obama plans to double the NEW one in 4 and you think that is GREAT?

I've seen you post this several times before, RGS, but I never do see a response to this. Why is it that something so logical gets so little notice?

the majority of the American people are not represented by this board. Some of you spend you're entire day posting thread after thread trying desperately to prove Obama is an awful President, well, America doesn't agree

Where did they find these people to poll and what were they smoking? We have a few left wingnuts on this board I can think of.

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration."
— Hillary Rodham Clinton

Thanks and fair enough. Let me know when he doesn't respond properly to a hostage crisis and the person running against him makes a deal to hold those hostages til after the election. ;)

and it's still better than Reagan and Clinton and baby Bush (52% approval/44% disapproval), all two termers, unlike Carter, so I wouldn't get too het up about it. would you? :eusa_whistle:

May want to clean your glasses and learn to read dates, that would be the elder Bush.

Where did they find these people to poll and what were they smoking? We have a few left wingnuts on this board I can think of.

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration."
— Hillary Rodham Clinton

Ohh come now THAT is different.

The same is true of you and Bush. What's your point, really? Do you even have one, or are you just blathering?

Remind me again? Bush spent a trillion on 2 wars and that was bad, but Obama wanting to spend 3 trillion with out even factoring in the wars is somehow a GOOD thing? 3 trillion not counting the annual budgets either. Bush doubled the deficit in 8 years, Obama plans to double the NEW one in 4 and you think that is GREAT?

I thought he was trying to double it in 4 months.

Good for him..

The value of world wide capital investments is down nearly 50% since Hussein won the elections... and has fallen 10% since he took office;2% within the 72 hours following his Treasury Sec's refusal to outline his banking policy...

Take a look at the chart sourced by one of our fellow members and note the President directly under President Hussien... Contrast the reality that THAT was a President; President Reagan, had NO SUPPORT in the Media his support was genuine; it was a DEEP, well reasoned, intellectually sound support from the brightest, most productive people in the US... people who are otherwise known as "AMERICANS."

There is not a single "American" which supports President Hussein... They are the least bright, the least productive and the absurdly foolish and this 'support' will collapse as the economy continues to falter...

We haven't even seen the consequences of his policy begin to effect the economy... just the consequences of the CERTAIN KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT THAT POLICY MUST PRODUCE.

Which sadly is not the worst of it. This spendfest is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

It can't be stated strongly enough that we are STILL AT WAR with a ruthless and determined enemy... the unspeakable social spending being initiated by President Hussein, who has only bee in office just 6 weeks, equals the Presidential spending initiatives of every President since the founding of the United States... His stated plans to dramatically cut the US Military in terms of size, scope and budget; plans which are wreckless to the point of incompetence, AT BEST; the wrecklessness PALES in comparison the simple fact that the effects of this spending will make it nearly impossible for the US to sustain an expansion in the future, when the historic results of reducing Military effectiveness returns to haunt us...

Who can say that this idiot is a subversive 'Manchurian Candidate' but who could argue that if he is NOT, what would be the distinction between what we've seen from this tool and that which would be expected FROM SUCH A CANDIDATE?

And some of you spend day after day posting on this board trying to convince people the man can walk on water.

Well, he still can't.

The only ones who use rhetoric like that are the rightwingnuts. They establish that as their argument and then use the fallacious argument to make further fallacious points.

I'm sure it works for some people. *shrug*

I'm hardly the standard definition of a "rightwingnut", so where's your justification for that statement, since it's me you're replying to?

Why would i waste my time trying to "desperately prove" anything. President Obama has already demonstrated he is an awful President. But that's usually what happens when you elect power hungry politicians instead of experienced leaders into office.

An awful president? To whom? People who got it wrong for eight years and are still deadenders?

S'okay...

Obama has a 62% approval rating and 26% disapproval rating. I think he's alright with that. Me, too.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Interestingly, what the whingers aren't talking about is that Congress' approval ratings are at a four year high. Hmmmmmmmm....

GallupSpaces

And the feeling about the direction of the country, while still not high, is certainly higher than at any time over the last four years at least.

So I wouldn't go throwing any parties yet if I were you guys. Is all of this subject to change? Of course. But the whingers aren't representative of anyone but themselves. My feeling is that after being wrong for eight years, they really should just get out of the way and be quiet for a while before they embarrass themselves further.

Funny how the same people who say "You can't judge Obama's presidency as bad or a failure in the first few months" are the same people saying he is a great president in his first few months.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

I'm hardly the standard definition of a "rightwingnut", so where's your justification for that statement, since it's me you're replying to?
They don't have one, it's the Obamaphiles' robotic response to anything they don't like.

Thanks for the laughs guys, you do realize how silly it is to argue about whether obama is good president or not about 2 months into his term?
for one side it would seem that the 'polls' that they keep touting prove your point, it isn't nice to gloat too much
for the other side, consider that he wont have enough close to enough 'rope to hang himself with' until at least this time next year.
to both sides I say, go fishing, the trout are biting.

And some of you spend day after day posting on this board trying to convince people the man can walk on water.

Well, he still can't.

The only ones who use rhetoric like that are the rightwingnuts. They establish that as their argument and then use the fallacious argument to make further fallacious points.

I'm sure it works for some people. *shrug*

If you want people to believe that, perhaps you'd best stay away from the messianic imagery, particulary in response to me, since as you may recall, I campaigned for and voted for Hillary in the primary.

Thanks for the laughs guys, you do realize how silly it is to argue about whether obama is good president or not about 2 months into his term?
for one side it would seem that the 'polls' that they keep touting prove your point, it isn't nice to gloat too much
for the other side, consider that he wont have enough close to enough 'rope to hang himself with' until at least this time next year.
to both sides I say, go fishing, the trout are biting.

Personally, I dont see how you can spend as much as he did in a short amount of time on waste and be a good President. It's just not possible. If this is any indication of what we will see for the next 3+ years then I think my statement that he is bad is well justified.

Forum List

Back