Buffet Against Obama

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Old Warren came out today and shared some deep concerns he has with the Obama administration and its handling of the economy.

Of the various disputes he shared, he called out Obama on the proposed Cap n Trade fiasco, stating (correctly) it will be the utility users who will pay the most. (that is all of us)

Buffet went on to share concern regarding the demonizing of Wall Street as well as openly opposing the Obama support for the union card-check legislation that would take away workers' right to a secret ballot.

These are major disputes folks - and shows once again the dwindling support the Obama administration now faces amongst a growing number who once fully supported their cause. (which was simply getting elected - now this administration appears clueless on how to actually govern)

Buffet also indicated that the administration needs to get a far more focused message - that job one and job two and job three are to be the economy. Currently Obama has been wandering wildly with stem cell research, Gitmo, public education, etc, when the overall prevailing concern right now is "the economy stupid."

And what Buffet enjoys that others in the media and the business world who have voiced similar concerns regarding Obama, is he is by far the richest and most powerful individual to so openly do so, and that puts the Obama administration in a bit of bind on how to deal with him.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/CNBC/Se...Warren - Complete Transcript - 2009-03-09.pdf

I wouldn't call Obama allowing stem cell research "wandering". How long did that decision take? Five minutes? Google the words "Obama" and 'economy' and you get 400 million hits. "obama' and 'stem cell' get 4 million....

God you guys are desperate...You'll let a Chimp run loose for 8 years, but put somebody intelligent in the WH and you get all uppity and scared...wimps....

Old Warren came out today and shared some deep concerns he has with the Obama administration and its handling of the economy.

Of the various disputes he shared, he called out Obama on the proposed Cap n Trade fiasco, stating (correctly) it will be the utility users who will pay the most. (that is all of us)

Buffet went on to share concern regarding the demonizing of Wall Street as well as openly opposing the Obama support for the union card-check legislation that would take away workers' right to a secret ballot.

These are major disputes folks - and shows once again the dwindling support the Obama administration now faces amongst a growing number who once fully supported their cause. (which was simply getting elected - now this administration appears clueless on how to actually govern)

Buffet also indicated that the administration needs to get a far more focused message - that job one and job two and job three are to be the economy. Currently Obama has been wandering wildly with stem cell research, Gitmo, public education, etc, when the overall prevailing concern right now is "the economy stupid."

And what Buffet enjoys that others in the media and the business world who have voiced similar concerns regarding Obama, is he is by far the richest and most powerful individual to so openly do so, and that puts the Obama administration in a bit of bind on how to deal with him.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/CNBC/Se...Warren - Complete Transcript - 2009-03-09.pdf

Damn ... I thought this was about JIMMY Buffet ...:lol:

I wouldn't call Obama allowing stem cell research "wandering". How long did that decision take? Five minutes? Google the words "Obama" and 'economy' and you get 400 million hits. "obama' and 'stem cell' get 4 million....

God you guys are desperate...You'll let a Chimp run loose for 8 years, but put somebody intelligent in the WH and you get all uppity and scared...wimps....

Tell Mr. Buffet that-

So following your remarkable contribution here - Mr. Buffet is getting uppity and scared by making his growing concerns over Obama public? That he is in effect, a wimp?

So following your remarkable contribution here - Mr. Buffet is getting uppity and scared by making his growing concerns over Obama public? That he is in effect, a wimp?

Yup....

Yup....

But for all the years you voiced YOUR concerns about Bush they of course were legit and not wimpy at all?

:lol:

Yeah, but Bush is an idiot. Obama is not. And it's not whether I believe what Buffet is saying or not, it's all about context. IOW, you are word smithing to suit your purposes.

BTW, from Sinatra's link to the transcript (did you guys even read it BTW):
Buffett: Absolutely. And I think that the--But I think that the--I think that the Democrats--and I voted for Obama and I strongly support him, and I think he's the right guy--

hhhmmm

Yeah, but Bush is an idiot. Obama is not. And it's not whether I believe what Buffet is saying or not, it's all about context. IOW, you are word smithing to suit your purposes.

Buffett: Absolutely. And I think that the--But I think that the--I think that the Democrats--and I voted for Obama and I strongly support him, and I think he's the right guy--

hhhmmm

Then obviously he doesn't think the right guy is doing the right thing.

hhhmmm

Bush is not an idiot. Obama is not an idiot. I'm wordsmithing nothing. Your claim that I am is predicated on your politically biased opinion of Bush.

One thing I've noticed from Day One to date is the left will tolerate NO criticism of Obama. He can do no wrong. The dude is doing some scary shit. Might not bother you, but then, you don't have to live with results of his actions. I DO.

I think you have the uppity & intelligent kind of backwards. Obama is uppity--but I do not regard him as intelligent. He is a magnificent speech giver though--I will give him that.

Warren Buffet jumping ship on Obama is just another person in a very long chain of once avid supporters. In fact, Obama continually remarked on Warren Buffet said this, he said that all the way through the campaign season.

This is a major blow to Obama. I am just wondering when the books will be coming out?

Another quote from the article that obviously disagrees with your assessment. Now who's dissing Warren?

Buffet: He is the right president. And incidentally, this is the right country. I mean, we've got the right president, we've got the right country... And President Obama is--he's very, very smart. He's got, I think, exactly the right goals. He's articulate and I--you know, he will be the right person to be the commander in chief in this economic crisis.

Shrug...

BTW, thanks for the head's up Sinatra. Buffett obviously thinks the US has the right man for a crisis...cheers! :clap2:

I think you have the uppity & intelligent kind of backwards. Obama is uppity--but I do not regard him as intelligent. He is a magnificent speech giver though--I will give him that.

Warren Buffet jumping ship on Obama is just another person in a very long chain of once avid supporters. In fact, Obama continually remarked on Warren Buffet said this, he said that all the way through the campaign season.

This is a major blow to Obama. I am just wondering when the books will be coming out?

You spoke too soon. You should have read the whole transcript instead of taking Sinatra's word for it....

Bush is not an idiot. Obama is not an idiot. I'm wordsmithing nothing. Your claim that I am is predicated on your politically biased opinion of Bush.

One thing I've noticed from Day One to date is the left will tolerate NO criticism of Obama. He can do no wrong. The dude is doing some scary shit. Might not bother you, but then, you don't have to live with results of his actions. I DO.

Bush is absolutely an idiot. I am in no doubt of that.

However, my comments were more aimed at Sinatra than you. I should have made that clear.

I actually don't have a problem with criticism of Obama, but I'd like him to actually be in the job for a few months before kicking him. I mean, he's hardly had time to do anything worth criticising IMO...

hhhmmm

:eek:

A political comment from dillo, and a good one as well. Christ must be on the way ....:lol:

Bush is absolutely an idiot. I am in no doubt of that.

However, my comments were more aimed at Sinatra than you. I should have made that clear.

I actually don't have a problem with criticism of Obama, but I'd like him to actually be in the job for a few months before kicking him. I mean, he's hardly had time to do anything worth criticising IMO...

Bush wasn't an idiot. He did have flaws, but not an idiot. If you want to hack an idiot, try Jimmy Carter. Now, there is an idiot...no doubt

hhhmmm

:eek:

A political comment from dillo, and a good one as well. Christ must be on the way ....:lol:

It's the Vicodin speaking--had a absessed molar about kill me yesterday . SHIT that mofo hurt !

Forum List

Back