Thank a Liberal

David Sewell was a REAL HONEST_TO GOD CONSERVATIVE.

Don't ya'll remember how much the GOP hated his opinions while he was on the SCOTUS?

I mean seriously kiddies, do any of you know any recent history?

If only the American Left still had anything in common with those classic Liberals. Modern American Left hates the rich, wants free stuff, has turned their life over to Big Government and does not utter a peep when the US Government starts another war or even murders US citizens.

Not sure what the point of the OP was

Obama raised the top tax rate 2%. Most will still end up paying around 20-22%. The corporate top rate is unchanged at 35% (with most paying half that).

JFK lowered the rate from 91% to 70% and the corporate rates from 52% to 48%.

It's not about hating anyone. It's about finding that middle ground. 91% was excessive no doubt. But the fact that billionaires are paying a lower percentage than I am as a barely middle class American... that's not right either.

It's not about hating anyone. It's about finding that middle ground. 91% was excessive no doubt. But the fact that billionaires are paying a lower percentage than I am as a barely middle class American... that's not right either.

But that has nothing to do with rates, and everything to with the exemptions, incentives, rebates, deductions, etc, etc, etc... that pollute our tax code.

thank just about every accomplishment ,and innovation that has made peoples lives better today to conservative minded people in the private sector !! fuck libbs.

But that has nothing to do with rates, and everything to with the exemptions, incentives, rebates, deductions, etc, etc, etc... that pollute our tax code.

It has to do with both.

It has to do with both.

The rates are irrelevant if, as you point out, people aren't paying them. Raising the rates to compensate for those who are aggressively gaming the system punishes those who aren't.

I'm fine with raising taxes, across the board, on everyone, to balance the budget. But the first thing we have to do is get rid of the byzantine morass of official cheating. Otherwise, we're just punishing honest taxpayers for the 'crimes' of others.

Modern liberalism jumped the shark when it abandoned equal protection in favor of "social justice".

DING! Classical liberalism is good, what they have today is a joke and horrible for the country

Classical Liberalism is Great. Statist Progressivism, having abandoned Individual Liberty, to compliance with it's directives, is oppressive. It is Totalitarian. You cannot abandon concerns for the Individual, basic Rights of the Individual, for the convenience of the State, and call that good government.

thank just about every accomplishment ,and innovation that has made peoples lives better today to conservative minded people in the private sector !! fuck libbs.

Conservatives don't innovate anything outside of making profit.

You want dodgy financial instruments? See a conservative.

You want an airplane? See a liberal.

There's nothing Liberal (in the classic sense) at all, about demanding that the government provide for all your basic needs

Modern liberalism jumped the shark when it abandoned equal protection in favor of "social justice".

DING! Classical liberalism is good, what they have today is a joke and horrible for the country

Classical Liberalism is Great. Statist Progressivism, having abandoned Individual Liberty, to compliance with it's directives, is oppressive. It is Totalitarian. You cannot abandon concerns for the Individual, basic Rights of the Individual, for the convenience of the State, and call that good government.

Under your construct..slavery is Great.
Good stuff.

You want a car, see a Conservative?

You want a useless attachment on a 5 gallon gas can whose one and only function is to totally frustrate the natural operation of the can, see a Liberal Democrat.

Last edited:
There's nothing Liberal (in the classic sense) at all, about demanding that the government provide for all your basic needs

Who does that?

We the people have asked our government to use our tax dollars to fund a collective insurance system for those in need. And they did.

I guess that's the crux of it. There are too many people now who don't get constitutionally limited government, who think that the will of the majority is the last word.

Democracy can't work that way.

Who does that?

We the people have asked our government to use our tax dollars to fund a collective insurance system for those in need. And they did.

I guess that's the crux of it. There are too many people now who don't get constitutionally limited government, who think that the will of the majority is the last word.

Where does it say the federal government cannot look out for the common good in the constitution? I must have missed that part.

Who does that?

Wait, what?

That IS the way Democracy works.

Majority rule.

and now you are saying it isn't valid. another typical liberal flip flop.

It isn't valid because we have a professional standing army under federal control.

If it were valid, our military would look alot like Sweden's or Swizterland's.

yea, i kind of missed the part where it say no longer valid once we have a professional army. not only do you flip flop, but you make shit up.

Forum List

Back