Text Of President's Speech Today

I read the text of Obama's speech and it was the same old...same old.

Here's the glaring problem with our President's theory that raising the tax rate on the wealthy to the same level as when Clinton was in office will result in 23 million jobs and the elimination of the deficit...Clinton was able to do that BECAUSE of the Dot Com Boom...Obama doesn't have anything remotely like that on the horizen. Clinton was able to raise the tax rate BECAUSE the economy was booming. He was able to cut the deficit because we had so much revenue coming in from the Dot Com Boom. Obama doesn't have either of those things going on. Even liberal economists like Christina Romer have come out and cautioned against raising taxes during a weak economy like we have now. I'm sorry, Laugher but if anyone sits down and REALLY examines what it is that he's proposing, they will quickly arrive at the conclusion that his plan is a drastically flawed fiscal policy that will simply extend the length of our recession.

Its so much the same old same old that no one is even bothering to listen anymore.

Raising taxes is a very bad idea. He's really pushing his class warfare BS because he sure as hell can't run on his crappy record.

Why is raising taxes on the super rich a bad idea?

They going to leave the country? Because:

-They don't add value to the companies they work at.
-Use their money to influence policy and that policy is bad for the majority of Americans.
-Extract wealth from the economy.
-Are using that wealth to create a class of people that always take.
-Oh..and they DON'T create jobs.

So if they want to leave because of tax increases?

Good riddance.

Well S since the rich in this country pay the lions share of Fed taxes how much more should they pay??

We also have 47% of the country that pay no Fed taxes.

You better hope and pray that the rich never leave. If they do the middle class will be paying the taxes the rich now pay.

The poor will still be paying for nothing.

Well S since the rich in this country pay the lions share of Fed taxes how much more should they pay??

They should have about 1/10 the share of the national income that they do, and thus pay much less in taxes than they do.

Also, the speech was riddled with lies. I'm surpr.....well, no I'm not, that the WH allowed this.

Obama’s Kansas speech: some suspect facts - The Fact Checker - The Washington Post

Thanks for the link!

The Pinocchio Test

The president does not need to lard his case with such suspect data. There are few independent tax analysts who have much good to say about the Bush tax cuts. But it is difficult for Obama to justify blaming those tax cuts for being mostly responsible for today’s slow job growth, especially when he wants to retain a good chunk of those tax cuts.

To bolster his case about unfairness, the president is also relying on a suspect statistic about billionaires paying as little as 1 percent in taxes. Even if true, it is a clearly a rare event. Moreover, it is certainly surprising that the White House would rely on such a dubious, unverified source for a major presidential address.

Three Pinocchios

pinocchio_3.jpg

Last edited:

They should have about 1/10 the share of the national income that they do, and thus pay much less in taxes than they do.

So essentially you're in favor of seizing their wealth to make things "fair"? There is a term for that, Dragon and it isn't capitalism.

I read the text of Obama's speech and it was the same old...same old.

Here's the glaring problem with our President's theory that raising the tax rate on the wealthy to the same level as when Clinton was in office will result in 23 million jobs and the elimination of the deficit...Clinton was able to do that BECAUSE of the Dot Com Boom...Obama doesn't have anything remotely like that on the horizen. Clinton was able to raise the tax rate BECAUSE the economy was booming. He was able to cut the deficit because we had so much revenue coming in from the Dot Com Boom. Obama doesn't have either of those things going on. Even liberal economists like Christina Romer have come out and cautioned against raising taxes during a weak economy like we have now. I'm sorry, Laugher but if anyone sits down and REALLY examines what it is that he's proposing, they will quickly arrive at the conclusion that his plan is a drastically flawed fiscal policy that will simply extend the length of our recession.

Its so much the same old same old that no one is even bothering to listen anymore.

Raising taxes is a very bad idea. He's really pushing his class warfare BS because he sure as hell can't run on his crappy record.

-Use their money to influence policy and that policy is bad for the majority of Americans.

Good riddance.

You want their money.

In fact, you live off a great deal of it...they pay a lot of taxes already.

So if they don't pony up more you want to tell them to leave. And they take all the taxes they are paying with them.

Are you prepared to make that up ?

Good riddance.

You want their money.

In fact, you live off a great deal of it...they pay a lot of taxes already.

So if they don't pony up more you want to tell them to leave. And they take all the taxes they are paying with them.

Are you prepared to make that up ?

Great question.

Chase the rich out and the present complainers couldn't even start to take up the slack.

I have always said that what America needs is another Teddy Roosevelt the Trust Buster.

I am glad that Obama believes that also.

I have always said that what America needs is another Teddy Roosevelt the Trust Buster.

It was great he gave that speech here in Kansas...not far from where I live.

Talk radio was having a field day. The whole state is laughing at him now.

You won't see him here campaigning....he has 0.001% chance.

Hey, Kansas is like right next door to Texas...I mean it is if you don't count Oklahoma...and Kansas LOOKS just like Texas if you're from Hawaii...except one has lots of corn and the other has lots of long horn cattle. Easy mistake...

Course it does make you look like a horses ass when you're pitching your Kansas "roots".

We tell people — we tell our kids — that in this country, even if you’re born with nothing, work hard and you can get into the middle class.

Yeah, that's what my mom always told me..."Son, if you bust your ass and stay on the straight-and-narrow, you can claw your way to the middle of the pack!"

What a completely detached asshole. :lol:

Is anyone in Kansas laughing at this?

6a00d83452403c69e20133eca1fa97970b-pi

Is anyone in Kansas laughing at this?

6a00d83452403c69e20133eca1fa97970b-pi

Maybe we should just knock over the insanely wealthy (warren buffet, bill gates, Oprah, etc) then that chart would resemble the 50s again? While we are at it, we could cut the tendons of all the filthy rich sports stars because it isn't "fair" that they were born with advantaged athletics? How about take acid to Hollywood, because it isn't "fair" that those people are that beautiful, and they should have that taken away from them, too? Are you laughing now, funny man? What's next? Should we blind people or destroy their hearing for the purity of "fairness"?

New Topics

Forum List

Back