Texas to execute Mexican killer today

True that States or Nations do not have to comply with UN codes. The UN is simply a world forum with peacekeeping as its duty.

Anyway, about failure to contact Mexican Authorities: How would immediate contact of Mexican authorities, in Humberto Leal's case, have made a difference since the man never denied committing crime? Or was Humberto Leal mentally disabled?

Yes, it was claimed that he was mentally disabled, that he was abused by his Father, and raped by a Priest among other things. The thing is, he had it together enough to commit rape and murder and he died for it.

I simply heard just mention of mental impairment in Leal's case. If this were case, then why was this issue not properly emphasized? While I believe one forfeits life by taking life of another, matters become different in cases of proved mental impairment or insanity. I would hate to know a person not mentally capable was punished rather than helped for situation he/she could not fully comprehend.

Considering his last words, "Viva Mexico", I'm pretty sure he comprehended everything.

It is wrong for the U.S. to execute any foreign national, ever, under ANY circumstances.

There. That's the lib rule and the UN rule.

If an illegal alien comes to the U.S. (illegally that is, thus the nomenclature) and commits some vile, depraved, intentional murder while here (or maybe a dozen or so such vile, depraved intentional murders), WE are OBLIGATED to give him, legal counsel, consultation with his nation's diplomatic representatives, a fair trial and -- should there be a conviction -- a guaranteed sentence of no more than incarceration. The death penalty MUST be taken OFF the table because -- well -- the U.N. is very liberal and doesn't much care for the death penalty.

They don't seem to mind so much that some illegal aliens are slaughtering our citizens, though.

Forum List

Back