Texas Republicans: 'Please Sir, can I have some More' after voting against Stimulus

And all those rumblings did nothing to change the vote. The vote is in. If I had campaigned for McCain and still accept BHO as my president, that makes me a hypocrite. Domage.

i see other great minds use the same excellent reasoning :razz:

Yeah....say it together you two....STRATEGERY!
LOL. Someday a book will come out of Bushisms and I hope both [R] and [D] can laugh about that.

'Someday' is a word often used by the hopeful.

Yeah....say it together you two....STRATEGERY!

care to explain how it is hypocritical.....

I point out examples of hypocrisy from the right on a daily basis here. Stick around, you will learn how to spot it too.

ummmmm.....we are talking about the subject of this thread....and it appears that your lack of showing how it is hypocritical means that you believe it is not, despite your erroneous earlier contention it was.....congratulations, si modo and yurt to the rescue....

Think Progress » Texas Lawmakers Who Voted Against The Recovery Act Now Beg For Stimulus Funds For NASA

Every single Republican in the House voted against the $819 billion Recovery Act in January. Among the Republican senators who voted against the stimulus were Texas’ Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn. Both of them complained that they wanted to see more tax cuts rather than government spending.

But now, both Hutchison and Cornyn are pressuring the Obama administration to give Texas $3 billion in stimulus funds. The co-signers on the letter are a bipartisan group of the Texas delegation in the House, including 19 Republicans, all of whom also voted against the funds for which they’re now begging. The letter was drafted and circulated by GOP Rep. Pete Olson. From the letter:

Texas isn’t the only state showing this stimulus hypocrisy. Some other examples:

Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) is now criticizing Gov. Tim Kaine (D) for being “slow” to spend the stimulus money allocated for Virginia — even though if Wolf and his Republican colleagues would have had their way, there would be no extra money for the state at all. “We could use that money desperately,” Wolf told reporters. “We’re in a critical situation.”

Well Well Well, look who comes crawling back. Much like a cheating spouse, Republicans are finally seeing the error of their ways and want the Stimulus Money now. However, some of them are using it but still calling it a failure. It would be similar to calling the Fire Department a failure as they put out the fire that's burning your home down. Or it would be similar to tossing away food offered to you but then asking that person for food after.

Speaking of food, I know one thing I'm enjoying eating currently. The delicious irony over this situation. :eusa_whistle:

If someone were giving away free money to whoever wanted it...wouldn't you be in line and on your knees too? Don't lie now..:lol:

Think Progress » Texas Lawmakers Who Voted Against The Recovery Act Now Beg For Stimulus Funds For NASA

Every single Republican in the House voted against the $819 billion Recovery Act in January. Among the Republican senators who voted against the stimulus were Texas’ Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn. Both of them complained that they wanted to see more tax cuts rather than government spending.

Texas isn’t the only state showing this stimulus hypocrisy. Some other examples:

Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) is now criticizing Gov. Tim Kaine (D) for being “slow” to spend the stimulus money allocated for Virginia — even though if Wolf and his Republican colleagues would have had their way, there would be no extra money for the state at all. “We could use that money desperately,” Wolf told reporters. “We’re in a critical situation.”

Well Well Well, look who comes crawling back. Much like a cheating spouse, Republicans are finally seeing the error of their ways and want the Stimulus Money now. However, some of them are using it but still calling it a failure. It would be similar to calling the Fire Department a failure as they put out the fire that's burning your home down. Or it would be similar to tossing away food offered to you but then asking that person for food after.

Speaking of food, I know one thing I'm enjoying eating currently. The delicious irony over this situation. :eusa_whistle:

If someone were giving away free money to whoever wanted it...wouldn't you be in line and on your knees too? Don't lie now..:lol:

Not if I'd gone out of my way only months before stating that I didn't need no stinking federal money.

Not if I'd gone out of my way only months before stating that I didn't need no stinking federal money.

you libs always whining.....if they didn't take the money you would bitch they were doing a disservice to the citizens of their states...

this gotcha hypocrisy moment was a massive failure....

you guys keep this up and you're gone in '10 and '12

Why did Texas do this? They have a budget SURPLUS...they didn't need the money...so when the Democrats made a big deal out of it...hey..."OK...give me some free money...and we need some money for the NON STATE RUN, FEDERAL NASA PROGRAM too Prez!!!!:confused:

Think Progress does the thinking so you don't have tooooooooooooooooo!

scrubbingbubble.jpg

What hypocrisy? They voted against what they thought was best for the country. That failed as happens in a representative democracy. If they DON'T take funds that are a given at this point, those funds will go elsewhere.

What a lame point this thread is.

And if they really had any PRINCIPLES they would not even ask, but now they are demonstrating what they really are.....

Totally pathetic!

What a lame point your point is!

What hypocrisy? They voted against what they thought was best for the country. That failed as happens in a representative democracy. If they DON'T take funds that are a given at this point, those funds will go elsewhere.

What a lame point this thread is.

And if they really had any PRINCIPLES they would not even ask, but now they are demonstrating what they really are.....

Totally pathetic!

There are those pretty colors again. How cute! But, you still make a lame point.

What a lame point about how lame his point is compared to how lame your point is.
LOL. So, as there is only one rationale (from several posters) for the lames in that sentence as of yet - the last lame in that sentence (the first lame claim) - the two prior lames cancel each other out thus making the original lame claim stand unrefuted.

This is fun. :lol: Add colors, and it is even better. :woohoo:

Last edited:

What a lame point about how lame his point is compared to how lame your point is.
LOL. So, as there is only one rationale (from several posters) for the lames in that sentence as of yet - the last lame in that sentence (the first lame claim) - the two prior lames cancel each other out thus making the original lame claim stand unrefuted.

There...how's that:lol:

Ame®icano;1588641 said:
Stimulus is money that belong's to taxpayers. Every state is entitled to it.

True...and by the same token they have the right to refuse it as well without fear of reprisals from Congress.

There...how's that:lol:
:thup:

Now it's a party!

Last edited:

But now, both Hutchison and Cornyn are pressuring the Obama administration to give Texas $3 billion in stimulus funds. The co-signers on the letter are a bipartisan group of the Texas delegation in the House, including 19 Republicans, all of whom also voted against the funds for which they’re now begging. The letter was drafted and circulated by GOP Rep. Pete Olson. From the letter:

You need to explain the situation a little better. Is the state of Texas asking for more unemployment insurance funds--medicade or other?

The so-called 787 BILLION dollar economic stimulus bill that really wasn't an economic stimulus--is why it was voted down by Republicans. In the bill--in case you are new to this board--included over 270 MILLION dollars for executive bonuses for AIG & Fannie/Freddie executives--75 million for a smoking cessation program--20 BILLION for ACORN--450 MILLION for the study of std's--98 million for Hollywood to buy film--etc.etc.etc. EVERY state is entitled to stimulus money because even the ones who voted against it--are required to pay it back!

To add--we are still at a NET loss on jobs in this country--with last month--a summer month coming in at 250K in new lost jobs. Absolutely NOTHING to cheer about here.

In fact, most economists are calling for a JOBLESS recovery--meaning we just spent 1 TRILLION dollars--with the interest on the stimulus bill for NO JOBS--:cuckoo:

When will you realise that massive government spending does not equate to private sector job growth?

$promised-jobs.jpg

No one can BORROW & SPEND their way to PROSPERITY!

Last edited:
how is it hypocrisy for them to want to get Texas a fair share of the money Texans will be required to help pay off?

Forum List

Back