Texas Republicans: 'Please Sir, can I have some More' after voting against Stimulus

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Think Progress » Texas Lawmakers Who Voted Against The Recovery Act Now Beg For Stimulus Funds For NASA

Every single Republican in the House voted against the $819 billion Recovery Act in January. Among the Republican senators who voted against the stimulus were Texas’ Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn. Both of them complained that they wanted to see more tax cuts rather than government spending.

But now, both Hutchison and Cornyn are pressuring the Obama administration to give Texas $3 billion in stimulus funds. The co-signers on the letter are a bipartisan group of the Texas delegation in the House, including 19 Republicans, all of whom also voted against the funds for which they’re now begging. The letter was drafted and circulated by GOP Rep. Pete Olson. From the letter:

Texas isn’t the only state showing this stimulus hypocrisy. Some other examples:

Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) is now criticizing Gov. Tim Kaine (D) for being “slow” to spend the stimulus money allocated for Virginia — even though if Wolf and his Republican colleagues would have had their way, there would be no extra money for the state at all. “We could use that money desperately,” Wolf told reporters. “We’re in a critical situation.”

Well Well Well, look who comes crawling back. Much like a cheating spouse, Republicans are finally seeing the error of their ways and want the Stimulus Money now. However, some of them are using it but still calling it a failure. It would be similar to calling the Fire Department a failure as they put out the fire that's burning your home down. Or it would be similar to tossing away food offered to you but then asking that person for food after.

Speaking of food, I know one thing I'm enjoying eating currently. The delicious irony over this situation. :eusa_whistle:

This thread is DANCE WORTHY!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2QTSf9TIo]YouTube - GAY DANCE[/ame]

TALK ABOUT "STIMULUS"!!!!!!

Last edited:

Thanks for contributing your regular amount to every thread, nothing. Shouldn't you be busy masturbating to Sarah Palin and cutting out pictures of Todd's head and putting your own in place?

Thanks for contributing your regular amount to every thread, nothing. Shouldn't you be busy masturbating to Sarah Palin and cutting out pictures of Todd's head and putting your own in place?

MMMMM....

You may be short on intellect (and other things) but you are sooooo fiesty!!!!!

Keep on dancin' man....

MMMMM....

Yeah.....

Oh this thread is sooooooooooo HOT.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2QTSf9TIo]YouTube - GAY DANCE[/ame]

As I was saying before Sparky Palin (Sinatra who is now Sarah Palin's lapdog) decided to post in the thread. This is more hypocrisy from Republicans and definitely should not go unnoticed if they continue to deny the Stimulus helps.

It's going to be fun in 2010 and 2012 if some still do while people pull out lists of projects in their states that were possible due to the funds.

As I was saying before Sparky Palin (Sinatra who is now Sarah Palin's lapdog) decided to post in the thread. This is more hypocrisy from Republicans and definitely should not go unnoticed if they continue to deny the Stimulus helps.

It's going to be fun in 2010 and 2012 if some still do while people pull out lists of projects in their states that were possible due to the funds.

You are so cute when you try and act smart!!!!

Delicious!!!

Now you're just showing off for me.

You scamp!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gudr9HEGoI8]YouTube - Gay Arabic Dance[/ame]

Think Progress » Texas Lawmakers Who Voted Against The Recovery Act Now Beg For Stimulus Funds For NASA

Every single Republican in the House voted against the $819 billion Recovery Act in January. Among the Republican senators who voted against the stimulus were Texas’ Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn. Both of them complained that they wanted to see more tax cuts rather than government spending.

But now, both Hutchison and Cornyn are pressuring the Obama administration to give Texas $3 billion in stimulus funds. The co-signers on the letter are a bipartisan group of the Texas delegation in the House, including 19 Republicans, all of whom also voted against the funds for which they’re now begging. The letter was drafted and circulated by GOP Rep. Pete Olson. From the letter:

Texas isn’t the only state showing this stimulus hypocrisy. Some other examples:

Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) is now criticizing Gov. Tim Kaine (D) for being “slow” to spend the stimulus money allocated for Virginia — even though if Wolf and his Republican colleagues would have had their way, there would be no extra money for the state at all. “We could use that money desperately,” Wolf told reporters. “We’re in a critical situation.”

Well Well Well, look who comes crawling back. Much like a cheating spouse, Republicans are finally seeing the error of their ways and want the Stimulus Money now. However, some of them are using it but still calling it a failure. It would be similar to calling the Fire Department a failure as they put out the fire that's burning your home down. Or it would be similar to tossing away food offered to you but then asking that person for food after.

Speaking of food, I know one thing I'm enjoying eating currently. The delicious irony over this situation. :eusa_whistle:

Will the hypocrisy from the right EVER cease?? Do they even care how pathetic they look? Are they simply trying to bring Federal money to their constituents now with the 2010 elections right around the corner?

*ouch*

What hypocrisy? They voted against what they thought was best for the country. That failed as happens in a representative democracy. If they DON'T take funds that are a given at this point, those funds will go elsewhere.

What a lame point this thread is.

What hypocrisy? They voted against what they thought was best for the country. That failed as happens in a representative democracy. If they DON'T take funds that are a given at this point, those funds will go elsewhere.

So....these GOPers were counting on Obama's stimulus to fail and took a chance to grandstand and play political games, but now are running for the money since it appears Obama will not fail? Did these asshats reject the money on conservative principles? If so, where are those principles now?

So....these GOPers were counting on Obama's stimulus to fail and took a chance to grandstand and play political games, but now are running for the money since it appears Obama will not fail? Did these asshats reject the money on conservative principles? If so, where are those principles now?
Gone to visit the same place Palin's lameduckatude paddles in the peepond.

*quack*

Gone to visit the same place Palin's lameduckatude paddles in the peepond.

*quack*

I am SO looking forward to her book....

Counting on it to fail? No. They voted against it and their wishes of it not passing failed.

It's a lame example of hypocrisy.

If I did not vote for BHO (not a single soul knows my vote and it will remain that way) but accept him as my president, it would be lame to call me a hypocrite.

Last edited:

Counting on it to fail? No. They voted against it and their wishes of it not passing failed.

If I did not vote for BHO (not a single soul knows my vote and it will remain that way) but accept him as my president, it would be lame to call me a hypocrite.

This is a piss poor example you are trying to use as a comparison. Have you forgotten already the whispers of secession coming from the Gover of Texas (GOP) over having to take stimulus dollars? And now these same HYPOCRITICAL GOP asshats are basically begging for the simulus dollars? If you cannot see the hypocrisy in their actions and words, then it is simply because you choose not to.

This is a piss poor example you are trying to use as a comparison. Have you forgotten already the whispers of secession coming from the Gover of Texas (GOP) over having to take stimulus dollars? And now these same HYPOCRITICAL GOP asshats are basically begging for the simulus dollars? If you cannot see the hypocrisy in their actions and words, then it is simply because you choose not to.
And all those rumblings did nothing to change the vote. The vote is in. If I had campaigned for McCain and still accept BHO as my president, that makes me a hypocrite. Domage.

how is it hypocrisy? i guess since i didn't vote for obama i dont' have to call him president :eusa_whistle:

And all those rumblings did nothing to change the vote. The vote is in. If I had campaigned for McCain and still accept BHO as my president, that makes me a hypocrite. Domage.

i see other great minds use the same excellent reasoning :razz:

i see other great minds use the same excellent reasoning :razz:

Yeah....say it together you two....STRATEGERY!

Forum List

Back