Texas Man Cleared of Shooting Burglars

c'mon...i know you're not this dumb. ravi isn't just defending those two individuals, she's defending innocent people who might get shot by those who have a mindset to dispense their own justice.

except if it's you crawling through the neighbor's window, then i believe she said she'd laugh when you got shot...:razz:

Give it up, Glori. Shog isn't rational.

Really? Can you show where such legislation exists?

Near as I can tell, the death penalty is not imposed for petty burglary.

And, of course, such consequences shouldn't be in proportion to the acts committed.

Jail and deportation sounds about right.

Not to me. I don't think people need to worry about being too hard on criminals who are committing a crime on their property.

Like I said, it's a chance they take when they decide to break into somebody's house.

I thought this was interesting, this is a couple of hours from my home and we've been hearing about it for months. This man killed two burglars (illegal immigrants) who were burglarizing his neighbor's home. He called 911 and the dispatcher told him to stay inside, but he felt like they were going to get away. So he went outside with a shotgun and told them not to move or they're dead....they moved and he shot both of them in the back. Fortunately enough for him, at the time the burglars were shot, they were in his yard, so he was protected by the Texas "Castle Law".... Does anyone have any thoughts/opinons on this?

FOXNews.com - Texas Man Cleared of Shooting Suspected Burglars Next Door - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I heard the tape last night. He jumped at the opportunity to kill. This is why people can't be trusted with guns. The coward shot two people in the back because he was convinced he would get away with it under protection of state law He's wasn't preventing a robbery. He's just a killer with a legally owned gun who got away with double murder.

Last edited:
No No No, you cannot shoot anyone breaking into your neighbor's house unless your neighbor has given you strict permission to "watch over" their house while they are gone. Unless permission is given, then you cannot do it. I think what saved this man was that they happened to be in his yard when he shot them.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong about this. In my state you can do it anywhere.

No No No, you cannot shoot anyone breaking into your neighbor's house unless your neighbor has given you strict permission to "watch over" their house while they are gone. Unless permission is given, then you cannot do it. I think what saved this man was that they happened to be in his yard when he shot them.

I don't think so, because they weren't approaching his yard until after he went outside with his gun.

I think what saved him is they were a couple of illegal immigrants so the grand jury wouldn't indict. There's certainly no other excuse for not making him stand trial.

A death sentence is also too steep for being an illegal alien.

I find it sickening that you people are willing to let innocent people die because you're pee-in-your-pants terrified.

Why change the law? If you are justified in taking someone's life then that's wonderful. If you aren't, then this law is a huge loophole to excuse killing anyone that annoys you.

I agree with your discontent, but Joe Horn did not break the law one bit. He abided by the law when he shot two burglars in HIS yard. The Texas "Castle Law" went into play last year, saying you have the right to shoot someone on your property if you feel threatened. Your key word up at the top was INNOCENT, when these ILLEGAL-IMMIGRANT BURLARS were certainly not immigrant. Personally, I may have shot their legs out from under them, but I've also heard that there were police officers that were pulling up just as Joe Horn shot the men and they testified in his defense... There must be a little more to it. If police officers testified in defense of Joe Horn, they must have felt he was threatened and took action.

Indeed.. How many home invasion robberies and burglaries actually ARE solved out of those that occur? It's a fucking joke to assume that cops would have otherwise arrested illegal aliens given our current track record of finding and purging illegals already. The homeowner would have just been "shit out of luck" and would have had no options in recouping the loss. I don't feel the slightest sympathy for these two dead criminals.

Im fucking SHOCKED that ravi hasn't used this story to insist that all these poor defensless victims needed was food money while living in an EVIL US that won't give them amnesty and a brand new SS number.

Nice nonsequiter there.

I'm ok, thanks. My city still has a ban on handguns.

So ones neighbors house is ones own castle? So much for your whole protecting private property schtick.

No, retard, the right isn't to burglarize, the right is to not get shot in the back by civilian vigilantes.

Not for long

You do NOT have a right to use deadly force to stop them.

It's obvious the LAW and the COURT disagree with you.

They weren't innocent. But we have a thing called a justice system. Can I go onto the highway and just start blowing away everyone and anyone who speeds? I'll go down to Texas and do it, it'll be great fun.

Justice well served.

When others "practicing their own life" involves civilians MURDERING people, I think I'll get involved, asshat.

Yes they do. Only this guy wasn't defending himself.

Many people go to work every day knowing their occupation could get them killed. Burglars are no different, they know that the possibility is there that they could get their asses blown away, yet they still continue to break the law.

Gee, maybe could they both be cases of how "protecting the castle" bullshit can lead to needless deaths? Gee, maybe.

Have fun challenging it. It will last a while, son.

Yes, actually you DO have that right. By the way, this wasn't a court decision, it was a jury decision.

No, actually, right answer. Have fun trying that in MO, I'll laugh when you get your sorry ass thrown in jail.

You don't own your neighbors house either, dummy.

People stealing from your NEIGHBOR are not denying a single thing from you. Oh, and actually, yes speeders deny things from others. When they crash, they cause deaths. I'd say thats denying something.

Yes, it was murder. Look up the definition. All your whining and bitching doesn't make it any less murder.

So you say I wasn't there and don't know...but you know he WAS in danger?

Ahh, up to the usual bullshit Shogun? What a surprise.

It's obvious that you are a dipshit. If your neighbors tell you to watch their house, you can shoot someone (In Texas) who is burglarizing that house. IN this case, his neighbors didn't ask him to watch their house. Joe Horn shot these two men in HIS yard, not theirs. And his neighbors actually thanked him and are on his side. The way our justice system works Larkinn, is that if you break the law, you lose some of your rights. These men had a hazardous "occupation" and knew good and well they could invade a home with someone armed...they just never though that a neighbor was watching.

Many people go to work every day knowing their occupation could get them killed. Burglars are no different, they know that the possibility is there that they could get their asses blown away, yet they still continue to break the law.

So I guess its ok to shoot cops then, right? Do come up with a better analogy than one that, when followed through, justifies shooting cops.

It's obvious the LAW and the COURT disagree with you.

Really? Quote the relevant statutes then, please.

Justice well served.

Civilians don't get to decide justice. Period.

But these guys were illegal aliens. They deserve our sympathy! And they probably just didn't know about our laws....which means we should bend over backwards to help them, and we should punish those damn American burglary victims for not being more hospitable!

I agree with your discontent, but Joe Horn did not break the law one bit. He abided by the law when he shot two burglars in HIS yard. The Texas "Castle Law" went into play last year, saying you have the right to shoot someone on your property if you feel threatened. Your key word up at the top was INNOCENT, when these ILLEGAL-IMMIGRANT BURLARS were certainly not immigrant. Personally, I may have shot their legs out from under them, but I've also heard that there were police officers that were pulling up just as Joe Horn shot the men and they testified in his defense... There must be a little more to it. If police officers testified in defense of Joe Horn, they must have felt he was threatened and took action.

I agree he was within the law of Texas. But, IMO, it is a very stupid and dangerous law. There is no reason someone shouldn't get off for actually defending their life or the life of another. The way this law is written leaves too much room for abuse.

I heard the tape last night. He jumped at the opportunity to kill. This is why people can't be trusted with guns. The coward shot two people in the back because he was convinced he would get away with it under protection of state law He's wasn't preventing a robbery. He's just a killer with a legally owned gun who got away with double murder.

Actually, he DID prevent a robbery, and cops testified in his defense. Cops WITNESSED the shooting and testified in his defense.

Give it up, Glori. Shog isn't rational.

dont cry for me, argentina. Im rational as hell and supported by the facts of the case. stomping your foot and talking shit wont change this but I invite you to lob whatever turd you think minimizes the FACTS of the matter.

So I guess its ok to shoot cops then, right? Do come up with a better analogy than one that, when followed through, justifies shooting cops.

Really? Quote the relevant statutes then, please.

Civilians don't get to decide justice. Period.

You really have a comprehension problem don't you? I never claimed it was ok to shoot cops. The purpose was that people do things knowing good and well that their are consequences. These burglars as well as other criminals break the law knowing good and well they could get killed. Don't put words in my post...

It's obvious that you are a dipshit. If your neighbors tell you to watch their house, you can shoot someone (In Texas) who is burglarizing that house. IN this case, his neighbors didn't ask him to watch their house. Joe Horn shot these two men in HIS yard, not theirs. And his neighbors actually thanked him and are on his side.

I'm aware of all of this. Your point?

The way our justice system works Larkinn, is that if you break the law, you lose some of your rights. These men had a hazardous "occupation" and knew good and well they could invade a home with someone armed...they just never though that a neighbor was watching.

Retard, the government is the only one who can take away those rights. Not civilian vigilantes.

But these guys were illegal aliens. They deserve our sympathy! And they probably just didn't know about our laws....which means we should bend over backwards to help them, and we should punish those damn American burglary victims for not being more hospitable!

They were human beings, which means yes, they deserve your sympathy for being executed on the street.

Forum List

Back