Texas Man Cleared of Shooting Burglars

Let the cops catch criminals. Unless you are in direct danger, you shouldn't be involving yourself if it involves hurting them.

Cops are not everywhere, all the time... and if my property or person (or my neighbor's property or person) is being violated by criminals, the cops are not an immediate option, and I have the ability to do something about it, I certainly will.... whether that require calling the cops... use of force... alerting the neighborhood.... flattening the tires of their get away vehicle... or whatever

I do not consider that the criminals have a right to get away if at all possible to stop them....

True, but a death sentence for stealing a television is too steep.

Thank you for your OPINION. But you cant presume to "know" that these ded guys were just going to steal a TV. For all you know they were also looking for some adolescent daughter to fuck too. Spare me the bartyr routine for burglars in the process of robbing a fucking house, Ravi.

A death sentence is also too steep for being an illegal alien.

I find it sickening that you people are willing to let innocent people die because you're pee-in-your-pants terrified.

Why change the law? If you are justified in taking someone's life then that's wonderful. If you aren't, then this law is a huge loophole to excuse killing anyone that annoys you.

Where is the part that these criminals were INNOCENT????

oh yes.. halloween language issues happen all the time! Just like burglary!

Nice nonsequiter there.

Hey, don't let it give you an ulcer, dude. Move to Japan or England before you develop some gastrointestinal distress this side of our recent SCOTUS decision.

I'm ok, thanks. My city still has a ban on handguns.

Given the overwhelming support of Joe Horn, and the location of the bodies, I guess it was JOE'S castle.

So ones neighbors house is ones own castle? So much for your whole protecting private property schtick.

See, the problem with THAT is that they would have sued Joe Horn and won some bullshit case because, apparently, burglary is a civil right.

No, retard, the right isn't to burglarize, the right is to not get shot in the back by civilian vigilantes.

I find it sickening that you people are willing to let innocent people die because you're pee-in-your-pants terrified.

Why change the law? If you are justified in taking someone's life then that's wonderful. If you aren't, then this law is a huge loophole to excuse killing anyone that annoys you.

The crime of the moment was BURGLARY, dear. Breaking into somebody's home, during the daytime, brazenly, and stealing. Tromping across the neighbor's yard in the commission of the crime. You really think they'd think twice about killing anyone who got in their way?

Do you have any idea how steep the penalties for burglary are? It's right up there with murder when it's sentencing time.

Cops are not everywhere, all the time... and if my property or person (or my neighbor's property or person) is being violated by criminals, the cops are not an immediate option, and I have the ability to do something about it, I certainly will.... whether that require calling the cops... use of force... alerting the neighborhood.... flattening the tires of their get away vehicle... or whatever

I do not consider that the criminals have a right to get away if at all possible to stop them....

You do NOT have a right to use deadly force to stop them.

Where is the part that these criminals were INNOCENT????

They weren't innocent. But we have a thing called a justice system. Can I go onto the highway and just start blowing away everyone and anyone who speeds? I'll go down to Texas and do it, it'll be great fun.

Let the cops catch criminals. Unless you are in direct danger, you shouldn't be involving yourself if it involves hurting them.

Perhaps you should practice your own life and let others do the same with theirs. Even if it requires blowing away some criminals to make it clear that such bullshit will not be tolerated.

People have the right to defend themselves.
And the court in Texas apparently thinks the guy was in the right.

Yay for our justice system!

yea, I tellya.. NOTHING says INNOCEBNT quite like using a crowbar to break into a fucking house. Yes, innocent, indeed.

dont crai, Ravi. Just don't try to rob anyone.

Perhaps you should practice your own life and let others do the same with theirs. Even if it requires blowing away some criminals to make it clear that such bullshit will not be tolerated.

When others "practicing their own life" involves civilians MURDERING people, I think I'll get involved, asshat.

Yes they do. Only this guy wasn't defending himself.

Yay for our justice system!

Not the court. The citizens of the grand jury.

Part of the reason you're going to see more cases like this is that the criminal justice system has fallen down on the job of protecting people. If the justice system was working well, I think this guy would probably have been indicted under these facts, but people have had enough and that's going to start being expressed in grand juries and in other juries.

You're right. When we start punishing criminals the way they should be punished, you won't have the tolerance for this sort of thing anymore.

Nice nonsequiter there.

I figured id match you one for one since, clearly, language barrier trick or treaters have everything to do with Joe Horn.

I'm ok, thanks. My city still has a ban on handguns.

hehehehe... Well, it wont for long!

:clap2:

Scotus verdicts applies to you too, beyotch.

So ones neighbors house is ones own castle? So much for your whole protecting private property schtick.

It doesn't shock me that you are too stupid to know where the two burglars were located... Try Reading the article, brainiac.

No, retard, the right isn't to burglarize, the right is to not get shot in the back by civilian vigilantes

HA!

tell it to the courts, pussy! If you are a criminal in action you don't have a right not to get shot while acting criminally. Like I said.. don't let REALITY give you angina, dude!

:badgrin:

But then again, if we started punishing criminals and SECURING OUR BORDERS, this wouldn't happen so often in the first place....

Thank you for your OPINION. But you cant presume to "know" that these ded guys were just going to steal a TV. For all you know they were also looking for some adolescent daughter to fuck too. Spare me the bartyr routine for burglars in the process of robbing a fucking house, Ravi.

Hey, asshole. There's something somewhere about cruel and unusual punishment. AND, these guys were LEAVING the scene of the crime and running away.

Why don't you read the article before exposing your ignorance? Oh, wait, that isn't possible.

When your neighbor gets annoyed and shoots you dead while you're washing your windows and claims he thought you were a burglar breaking in to steal Shogun's blow up doll I'm going to laugh.

Being shot in the back isn't cruel or unusual. They didn't even see it coming.

And there is no parallel between BURGLARS being shot while committing the crime, and somebody becoming "annoyed" and killing somebody they know.

The crime of the moment was BURGLARY, dear. Breaking into somebody's home, during the daytime, brazenly, and stealing. Tromping across the neighbor's yard in the commission of the crime. You really think they'd think twice about killing anyone who got in their way?

Do you have any idea how steep the penalties for burglary are? It's right up there with murder when it's sentencing time.

They weren't armed, were they? Now you can read minds? The penalty for burglary is death?

You are full of shit.

You do NOT have a right to use deadly force to stop them.

wrong answer, pussy. go crai if you need to.

They weren't innocent. But we have a thing called a justice system. Can I go onto the highway and just start blowing away everyone and anyone who speeds? I'll go down to Texas and do it, it'll be great fun.

You don't own the Freeway, dummy. Others who are speeding are not denying a single thing from you. Now, by all means, take your pussy ass down to texas and rock the boat. Or sit there and bleed.

Being shot in the back isn't cruel or unusual. They didn't even see it coming.

And there is no parallel between BURGLARS being shot while committing the crime, and somebody becoming "annoyed" and killing somebody they know.

Being killed for stealing a bunch of stuff is cruel and unusual. Shooting them in the back is just cowardly.

There's a big parallel. In my state you can shoot anyone anytime if you feel threatened by them. What's starting to happen is people are getting away with murder because you can't prove or disprove someone's emotional state when they pull the trigger.

Forum List

Back