Texas Man Cleared of Shooting Burglars

BrianH

Mar 10, 2008
Texas
I thought this was interesting, this is a couple of hours from my home and we've been hearing about it for months. This man killed two burglars (illegal immigrants) who were burglarizing his neighbor's home. He called 911 and the dispatcher told him to stay inside, but he felt like they were going to get away. So he went outside with a shotgun and told them not to move or they're dead....they moved and he shot both of them in the back. Fortunately enough for him, at the time the burglars were shot, they were in his yard, so he was protected by the Texas "Castle Law".... Does anyone have any thoughts/opinons on this?

FOXNews.com - Texas Man Cleared of Shooting Suspected Burglars Next Door - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I thought this was interesting, this is a couple of hours from my home and we've been hearing about it for months. This man killed two burglars (illegal immigrants) who were burglarizing his neighbor's home. He called 911 and the dispatcher told him to stay inside, but he felt like they were going to get away. So he went outside with a shotgun and told them not to move or they're dead....they moved and he shot both of them in the back. Fortunately enough for him, at the time the burglars were shot, they were in his yard, so he was protected by the Texas "Castle Law".... Does anyone have any thoughts/opinons on this?

FOXNews.com - Texas Man Cleared of Shooting Suspected Burglars Next Door - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I thought they were in his neighbors yard, running away.

What a hero.

I thought they were in his neighbors yard, running away.

What a hero.

They were in his neighbors yard, but somehow, maybe when they were walking back to their truck or whereever, they entered his yard. There was MASS demonstrations by Quannel X a very tense situation for a while. A bunch of African-American activists showed up in defense of the burglars (who were dead). They and the people that supported the old man were almost fighting one another...it was crazy. I just thought it would be interesting to find everyone's opinion on this. Should he have been cleared or not?

[youtube]Mei_cSyeqg8[/youtube]

JOE HORN CAN BE MY NEIGHBOR ANY DAY.

[youtube]cHfs04-AQg0[/youtube]

Quannel X is a fucking joke. Be original if you refuse to get a real job for christ sake.

Last edited:
They were in his neighbors yard, but somehow, maybe when they were walking back to their truck or whereever, they entered his yard. There was MASS demonstrations by Quannel X a very tense situation for a while. A bunch of African-American activists showed up in defense of the burglars (who were dead). They and the people that supported the old man were almost fighting one another...it was crazy. I just thought it would be interesting to find everyone's opinion on this. Should he have been cleared or not?

I think the law is wrong. If my kid forgets his keys one night and crawls in the window of my house, that means my neighbor can shoot him dead with no consequences.

How stupid can it get?

I think the law is wrong. If my kid forgets his keys one night and crawls in the window of my house, that means my neighbor can shoot him dead with no consequences.

How stupid can it get?

Or if a kid wearing a mask comes to your house on halloween who doesn't speak english trespasses, you can shoot him.

Oh, what a glorious and peaceful society!

I do believe we should have the right to protect ours and our neighbors property from criminals... personally I don't think it was necessary for a mortal shot, shooting them in the legs would have sufficed.. now if they were armed, blow 'em away

Just because a criminal is "running away" does not make them less of a criminal... and their actions less of a violation

i just heard the 911 call from Joe on the radio. im sure it can be found on the net..

How stupid can it get?

If your kid uses a crowbar to break into the window and removes a bag of loot then... indeed, tell me about stupidity.

I do believe we should have the right to protect ours and our neighbors property from criminals... personally I don't think it was necessary for a mortal shot, shooting them in the legs would have sufficed.. now if they were armed, blow 'em away

Just because a criminal is "running away" does not make them less of a criminal... and their actions less of a violation

Let the cops catch criminals. Unless you are in direct danger, you shouldn't be involving yourself if it involves hurting them.

If your kid uses a crowbar to break into the window and removes a bag of loot then... indeed, tell me about stupidity.

Been taking lessons from Anguille?

If my kid, or even you, break into their own house because they forgot their keys, anyone can shoot either of you dead without consequence.

So who's castle is it, anyway?

Or if a kid wearing a mask comes to your house on halloween who doesn't speak english trespasses, you can shoot him.

Oh, what a glorious and peaceful society!

oh yes.. halloween language issues happen all the time! Just like burglary!

:thup:

Hey, don't let it give you an ulcer, dude. Move to Japan or England before you develop some gastrointestinal distress this side of our recent SCOTUS decision.

Been taking lessons from Anguille?

If my kid, or even you, break into their own house because they forgot their keys, anyone can shoot either of you dead without consequence.

So who's castle is it, anyway?

Given the overwhelming support of Joe Horn, and the location of the bodies, I guess it was JOE'S castle.

Perhaps you should refrain from buying a home in this particular part of the US. Perhaps something in Washington state or Berkely Ca would be better suited for you.

You guys, these were ILLEGAL ALIENS WHO BROKE INTO HIS NEIGHBOR'S HOME. They weren't kids who forgot their keys, or trick-or-treaters.

It makes me sick that there's a whole group of people who think that criminals who are actually committing a crime (and burglary is a very, very serious crime. It isn't shoplifting) shouldn't be disturbed while they're committing the crime.

YOu take your chances if you break into somebody's house.

See, the problem with THAT is that they would have sued Joe Horn and won some bullshit case because, apparently, burglary is a civil right.

Because thats the only way anyone ever breaks into a place...

In THIS case it was exactly so. This happened in broad daylight and, apparently, Joe knew what his neighbors looked like. Cry me a river. Criminals died. They chose to break the law, not Joe.

You guys, these were ILLEGAL ALIENS WHO BROKE INTO HIS NEIGHBOR'S HOME. They weren't kids who forgot their keys, or trick-or-treaters.

It makes me sick that there's a whole group of people who think that criminals who are actually committing a crime (and burglary is a very, very serious crime. It isn't shoplifting) shouldn't be disturbed while they're committing the crime.

YOu take your chances if you break into somebody's house.

A death sentence is also too steep for being an illegal alien.

I find it sickening that you people are willing to let innocent people die because you're pee-in-your-pants terrified.

Why change the law? If you are justified in taking someone's life then that's wonderful. If you aren't, then this law is a huge loophole to excuse killing anyone that annoys you.

Forum List

Back