Texas Gov signs off on bill to keep Sharia law out of courts

Actually, not true. It had become common for the north Texas Muslim communities to issue their own rulings within their communities, even if one was an outsider, within a dispute such as divorce. I lived down from their major center and Mosque for a few years. And the local non- Muslim authorities were putting up with it. I personally dealt with one situation in the case of the abuse of a 2-3 yr old girl. I was appalled with the reaction of the local authorities, calling it their culture.
They didn't have to. It was illegal before they passed anything. This as just another way to stir up the crazies.

Again, signers of a contract can put anything they want to in it, and they are obligated to go by those pre-agreed restrictions. Other than that, we have our laws and that is what we go by. If you have evidence that is not the case, WE need to stop it. I suspect you are just repeating a story you heard instead of provable facts though. Care to add more specifics to the claim you are making? The judge involved, etc?

No, you can't put anything you want into a contract, and no, people aren't obligated to a contract if the contract is not legal within the laws of the US. Where do you come up with these ideas?

Parties to a contract can agree on what ever kind of arbitration they want.

So you are amending your previous statement -"

Again, signers of a contract can put anything they want to in it, and they are obligated to go by those pre-agreed restrictions. Other than that, we have our laws and that is what we go by.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I might use slightly different words to explain the same thing occasionally, but that doesn't change the basic meaning.

Honey, my tablet makes it harder to post below. Sorry you don't like it. And justice.gov is anti-Muslim? Interesting.
Why do you ask?
Richardson.
Maps
Feb, 1995
And a little of one of its in-house entities that was shut down for providing financial support to hamas
Federal Judge Hands Downs Sentences in Holy Land Foundation Case
https://www.investigativeproject.org/documents/case_docs/1851.pdf
And there is much more behind that Mosque, association
Not pre agreed. Keep your head in the sand.
I literally lived a few doors down from the center and Mosque. It became a big deal.
And, I kept a child from getting hit on a major road because dad left her in a car while he went to pray, by herself. She escaped, it was 90 degrees out, no diaper, or underpants, couldn't speak and in a velveteen filthy dress, herself filthy as well. I found her getting ready to cross the street a block from there. Since she didn't speak she could tell me nothing. Called the police, they stated, she was probably from the Mosque and that was not the first time. They picked her up and kept her til her father called looking for her, and returned her. I had to leave for my mother in laws funeral, called them when I got back, asked what happened. Told me they returned her, and explaining he had left her in the car for prayers, as I stated. I asked why, with what had happened, the heat, and her condition, they stated it is their culture.
Actually, not true. It had become common for the north Texas Muslim communities to issue their own rulings within their communities, even if one was an outsider, within a dispute such as divorce. I lived down from their major center and Mosque for a few years. And the local non- Muslim authorities were putting up with it. I personally dealt with one situation in the case of the abuse of a 2-3 yr old girl. I was appalled with the reaction of the local authorities, calling it their culture.

Again, signers of a contract can put anything they want to in it, and they are obligated to go by those pre-agreed restrictions. Other than that, we have our laws and that is what we go by. If you have evidence that is not the case, WE need to stop it. I suspect you are just repeating a story you heard instead of provable facts though. Care to add more specifics to the claim you are making? The judge involved, etc?

What town did this occur in, and when?

Not sure why you are screwing up the quote function as you are, but stop it . it's dumb.
Your links are certainly anti-Muslim, but have nothing to do with enacting Sharia law in Texas. Why did you think they did?

Honey, my tablet makes it harder to post below. Sorry you don't like it. And justice.gov is anti-Muslim? Interesting.
Why do you ask?
Richardson.
Maps
Feb, 1995
And a little of one of its in-house entities that was shut down for providing financial support to hamas
Federal Judge Hands Downs Sentences in Holy Land Foundation Case
https://www.investigativeproject.org/documents/case_docs/1851.pdf
And there is much more behind that Mosque, association
Not pre agreed. Keep your head in the sand.
I literally lived a few doors down from the center and Mosque. It became a big deal.
And, I kept a child from getting hit on a major road because dad left her in a car while he went to pray, by herself. She escaped, it was 90 degrees out, no diaper, or underpants, couldn't speak and in a velveteen filthy dress, herself filthy as well. I found her getting ready to cross the street a block from there. Since she didn't speak she could tell me nothing. Called the police, they stated, she was probably from the Mosque and that was not the first time. They picked her up and kept her til her father called looking for her, and returned her. I had to leave for my mother in laws funeral, called them when I got back, asked what happened. Told me they returned her, and explaining he had left her in the car for prayers, as I stated. I asked why, with what had happened, the heat, and her condition, they stated it is their culture.

What town did this occur in, and when?

Not sure why you are screwing up the quote function as you are, but stop it . it's dumb.
Your links are certainly anti-Muslim, but have nothing to do with enacting Sharia law in Texas. Why did you think they did?

Nothing in those links about Sharia law being pushed in Texas, or anywhere else.

God Blessed Texas!!
There you go again with that fantasy bullshit of yours. ROTFLMAO.

Says the twink who thinks he's gender fluid? Hahaha
Why are you such a vile, bitter person? All you do, all day long, is anonymously spew venom. Seriously, that is all you do every day, all day long. Get a fucking life and a personality while you're at it, fat shit.
so 'there you go again with that fantasy bullshit of yours..." you said to warrant her response was ok then?

guess like most libs, you can dish it out but you can't take it.

Now keep religion and Christianity out of it too. They promote the same kind of hatred against people.
Big difference between exercising a Constitutional right to free speech by saying you hate certain life styles which is what some Christians do here than what happens under Shari Law. Saying I hate gays doesn't compare to throwing them off buildings.
I don't think any American muslims support that.
Riiiight.
I'm sure you can provide a link showing such support :dunno:

The Application of Sharia Law in the United States

The problem is, once these judges start accepting cultural arguments under sharia law to decide cases, under the principle of stare decisis, sharia has crept in by the back door.

Now keep religion and Christianity out of it too. They promote the same kind of hatred against people.
Big difference between exercising a Constitutional right to free speech by saying you hate certain life styles which is what some Christians do here than what happens under Shari Law. Saying I hate gays doesn't compare to throwing them off buildings.
Riiiight.

Did you ACTUALLY read your source? Because it's not supporting what you think it is....

Riiiight.

Did you ACTUALLY read your source? Because it's not supporting what you think it is....
yea, and i agree it's not 100% dead on but in this case i'm not certain something could be.

for example, in that link a muslim said he can rape his wife cause that's how they live. ie - their laws. he wanted to be found innocent of a crime since under *their* law he would be.

now - if texas is taking a preemptive measure measure here and simply saying "don't bother trying to use your laws we don't recognize them here" then yes, this article would point out why Texas and other states are getting ahead of this one and shutting it down before it becomes an issue.

Riiiight.

yea, and i agree it's not 100% dead on but in this case i'm not certain something could be.

for example, in that link a muslim said he can rape his wife cause that's how they live. ie - their laws. he wanted to be found innocent of a crime since under *their* law he would be.

now - if texas is taking a preemptive measure measure here and simply saying "don't bother trying to use your laws we don't recognize them here" then yes, this article would point out why Texas and other states are getting ahead of this one and shutting it down before it becomes an issue.

I don't think that is what it said at all.

It gave that one particular case, where a judge made a bad ruling that was overturned. It also expanded on how erroneous people's ideas of "Creeping Sharia" are by giving examples what can and can not be done in US law as well as how foreign laws (which Sharia would be) come into play if you are dealing with someone married under another country's laws and coming to the US (just one example where courts have to consider other laws).

It gave that one particular case, where a judge made a bad ruling that was overturned. It also expanded on how erroneous people's ideas of "Creeping Sharia" are by giving examples what can and can not be done in US law as well as how foreign laws (which Sharia would be) come into play if you are dealing with someone married under another country's laws and coming to the US (just one example where courts have to consider other laws).
well i won't go too deep into arguing against your points cause i've been slammed at work and not able to do the research i like to do.

so that brings me to a simple question - if shaira law is not being pushed for here in the US by muslims, and Texas as well as other states are doing PR type moves to say "NOT HERE" (and this could well be that) does it hurt anything? i mean, they're not going to push for it anyway, right?

well i won't go too deep into arguing against your points cause i've been slammed at work and not able to do the research i like to do.

so that brings me to a simple question - if shaira law is not being pushed for here in the US by muslims, and Texas as well as other states are doing PR type moves to say "NOT HERE" (and this could well be that) does it hurt anything? i mean, they're not going to push for it anyway, right?

Does it hurt anything? It's a waste of time, for one (don't they have more important things to legislate?) and it sends a message to the Muslim community: "you aren't really American".

Does it hurt anything? It's a waste of time, for one (don't they have more important things to legislate?) and it sends a message to the Muslim community: "you aren't really American".
how does telling them we will not allow Muslim Laws equate to telling them they are not American? If anything it should reinforce the fact we *are* in America and to be American you will follow our laws.

as for wasting time - most gov is a waste really so add on.

What is alarming- they had to pass a law to ban non-US law from their courts.

They didn't have to. It was illegal before they passed anything. This as just another way to stir up the crazies.

No, you can't put anything you want into a contract, and no, people aren't obligated to a contract if the contract is not legal within the laws of the US. Where do you come up with these ideas?

Parties to a contract can agree on what ever kind of arbitration they want.

Again you're wrong. You can write in anything you want but clauses which violate the written laws of the jurisdiction, are unenforceable.

Every contract contains a provision which reads:

"This agreement is written and is to construed with the laws of [insert jurisdiction here i.e. the State of Texas]. If any clause contained herein is found to be at variance with such laws, such clause shall be deleted from this agreement. "

In English, it says that any part of the contract which does not conform to the written law of the jurisdiction named, is not enforceable.

how does telling them we will not allow Muslim Laws equate to telling them they are not American? If anything it should reinforce the fact we *are* in America and to be American you will follow our laws.

It selectively targets ONE religion, it shows an ignorance of what Sharia is - for example, following halal is Sharia, so is giving to charity. It doesn't "reinforce" anything but that the targeted group is singled out for special treatment for a law that is unnecessary other than singling out a group.

Great news. And if so many US Muslims don't want to be subject to sharia law - a cornerstone of their religion - no doubt they are happy too!
So win win, surely?
I wonder why CAIR are so angry about it?

Last edited:

It selectively targets ONE religion, it shows an ignorance of what Sharia is - for example, following halal is Sharia, so is giving to charity. It doesn't "reinforce" anything but that the targeted group is singled out for special treatment for a law that is unnecessary other than singling out a group.
i can't think of too many other religions that have their own laws to compare that too.

if catholics are trying trying to live under catholic law, stop that too. i'm cool with that.

The Clear Anti-Muslim Bias Behind Anti-Shariah Laws

Responding to concerns that these laws would be bad for business, legislators in several states exempted corporations, which were never the intended targets anyway. But this exemption led to even more questions: What about unincorporated businesses? Sole proprietors? When employees take corporations to court, how will the bans affect the proceedings?

To avoid this new set of problems, many foreign law bans — such as the ban in North Carolina and the bill recently introduced in Florida — are expressly limited to family matters. America is a country of immigrants, and this focus on family disputes affects all of us who have relatives overseas, regardless of their faith. For example, Jewish-American couples who marry in Israel, where such marriages and divorces are governed by rabbinic law, could be in trouble in Florida. The bill pending in Tallahassee may prevent courts from recognizing any marriage license, divorce decree or child custody order issued in Israel.

In Missouri, groups that help childless couples adopt from overseas successfully lobbied Nixon to veto the ban last year. But the response has been characteristically insular. Rather than abandon an unnecessary and potentially hazardous measure, Missouri legislators are pressing on with a ban that targets all family matters — except adoptions.

The motives of those pushing for bans on foreign law become clearer with each limitation. It beggars belief that supporters of these bans are genuinely concerned about the purported ills of foreign law when they are so ready to make concessions. Instead, “foreign law” provides a convenient — and increasingly transparent — fig leaf for supporters to stir up misconceptions and fear about Muslims. Although the legislators leading the charge for foreign law bans have not been shy about their agenda, the state legislators who vote for them for other reasons can no longer pretend they don’t understand what these bans are about.

i can't think of too many other religions that have their own laws to compare that too.

if catholics are trying trying to live under catholic law, stop that too. i'm cool with that.

Judaism does.

In fact, a number of religious groups use religious law in voluntary arbritation to settle civil manners, which is the only certain aspects of Sharia are utilized - family law such as marriage, divorce, inheritance and business transactions such as mortgages.

Forum List

Back