Texas Gov signs off on bill to keep Sharia law out of courts

Not pre agreed. Keep your head in the sand.
I literally lived a few doors down from the center and Mosque. It became a big deal.
And, I kept a child from getting hit on a major road because dad left her in a car while he went to pray, by herself. She escaped, it was 90 degrees out, no diaper, or underpants, couldn't speak and in a velveteen filthy dress, herself filthy as well. I found her getting ready to cross the street a block from there. Since she didn't speak she could tell me nothing. Called the police, they stated, she was probably from the Mosque and that was not the first time. They picked her up and kept her til her father called looking for her, and returned her. I had to leave for my mother in laws funeral, called them when I got back, asked what happened. Told me they returned her, and explaining he had left her in the car for prayers, as I stated. I asked why, with what had happened, the heat, and her condition, they stated it is their culture.
Actually, not true. It had become common for the north Texas Muslim communities to issue their own rulings within their communities, even if one was an outsider, within a dispute such as divorce. I lived down from their major center and Mosque for a few years. And the local non- Muslim authorities were putting up with it. I personally dealt with one situation in the case of the abuse of a 2-3 yr old girl. I was appalled with the reaction of the local authorities, calling it their culture.
Texas has moved forward with legislation that would essentially ban Sharia law from taking precedent in the state’s courts. Gov. Greg Abbott has signed Texas House Bill 45, which prohibits state judges from applying any foreign law over Texas and U.S. laws, specifically in family law cases. Rep. Jeff Leach (R-Plano), one of the bill’s co-authors, thanked the governor, who signed the bill last Wednesday. Leach called the law a “vitally important bill to further safeguard and
Texas Gov Signs Off on Bill to Keep Sharia Law Out of Courts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good for them , at least some state cares more about their people than others. ( With in the courts anyway) Other states are cowardly asses. Wait until their states end up like Europe's lmao

What is alarming- they had to pass a law to ban non-US law from their courts.

They didn't have to. It was illegal before they passed anything. This as just another way to stir up the crazies.

Again, signers of a contract can put anything they want to in it, and they are obligated to go by those pre-agreed restrictions. Other than that, we have our laws and that is what we go by. If you have evidence that is not the case, WE need to stop it. I suspect you are just repeating a story you heard instead of provable facts though. Care to add more specifics to the claim you are making? The judge involved, etc?

Now keep religion and Christianity out of it too. They promote the same kind of hatred against people.
Big difference between exercising a Constitutional right to free speech by saying you hate certain life styles which is what some Christians do here than what happens under Shari Law. Saying I hate gays doesn't compare to throwing them off buildings.
I don't think any American muslims support that.
You would be wrong too.

I literally lived a few doors down from the center and Mosque. It became a big deal.
And, I kept a child from getting hit on a major road because dad left her in a car while he went to pray, by herself. She escaped, it was 90 degrees out, no diaper, or underpants, couldn't speak and in a velveteen filthy dress, herself filthy as well. I found her getting ready to cross the street a block from there. Since she didn't speak she could tell me nothing. Called the police, they stated, she was probably from the Mosque and that was not the first time. They picked her up and kept her til her father called looking for her, and returned her. I had to leave for my mother in laws funeral, called them when I got back, asked what happened. Told me they returned her, and explaining he had left her in the car for prayers, as I stated. I asked why, with what had happened, the heat, and her condition, they stated it is their culture.
Actually, not true. It had become common for the north Texas Muslim communities to issue their own rulings within their communities, even if one was an outsider, within a dispute such as divorce. I lived down from their major center and Mosque for a few years. And the local non- Muslim authorities were putting up with it. I personally dealt with one situation in the case of the abuse of a 2-3 yr old girl. I was appalled with the reaction of the local authorities, calling it their culture.
Texas has moved forward with legislation that would essentially ban Sharia law from taking precedent in the state’s courts. Gov. Greg Abbott has signed Texas House Bill 45, which prohibits state judges from applying any foreign law over Texas and U.S. laws, specifically in family law cases. Rep. Jeff Leach (R-Plano), one of the bill’s co-authors, thanked the governor, who signed the bill last Wednesday. Leach called the law a “vitally important bill to further safeguard and

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good for them , at least some state cares more about their people than others. ( With in the courts anyway) Other states are cowardly asses. Wait until their states end up like Europe's lmao

They didn't have to. It was illegal before they passed anything. This as just another way to stir up the crazies.

Again, signers of a contract can put anything they want to in it, and they are obligated to go by those pre-agreed restrictions. Other than that, we have our laws and that is what we go by. If you have evidence that is not the case, WE need to stop it. I suspect you are just repeating a story you heard instead of provable facts though. Care to add more specifics to the claim you are making? The judge involved, etc?

If that happened as you described, the police didn't follow our laws. Certainly something that should be investigated and remedied, but hardly an example of Sharia law being used.

What town did this occur in, and when?

Right now sharia courts, like Jewish courts are courts of arbitration. Both parties agree to have disputes arbitrated instead of tried in civil court. There are currently no sharia criminal courts. The decision of an arbitrator is not enforceable. No matter what kind of arbitration is used.

The successful person takes the decision down to state court and gets a court order that is enforceable. Sharia courts cannot actually divorce people.

What muslims are trying to do is force the state legislature to include the provisions of sharia law into the state statute books. This law prevents that.

Right now sharia courts, like Jewish courts are courts of arbitration. Both parties agree to have disputes arbitrated instead of tried in civil court. There are currently no sharia criminal courts. The decision of an arbitrator is not enforceable. No matter what kind of arbitration is used.

The successful person takes the decision down to state court and gets a court order that is enforceable. Sharia courts cannot actually divorce people.

What muslims are trying to do is force the state legislature to include the provisions of sharia law into the state statute books. This law prevents that.

Exactly how are they trying to force them? It would take the act of our legislative body to enact that. You know of any other way? Have any or our representatives proposed a bill to enact some form of Sharia law?

The sad thing is that a bill was even needed.

It wasn't. The Constitution says you cannot make laws based on religion. All court cases are decided on the laws which are written and in force.

Since Sharia Law is religious law, it's illegal under the Constitution so no court can use Sharia Law in deciding cases.

This whole fear of Sharia Law is just bullshit because the only way it could become law in US is to amend the Constitution.

The sad thing is that a bill was even needed.

It wasn't. The Constitution says you cannot make laws based on religion. All court cases are decided on the laws which are written and in force.

Since Sharia Law is religious law, it's illegal under the Constitution so no court can use Sharia Law in deciding cases.

This whole fear of Sharia Law is just bullshit because the only way it could become law in US is to amend the Constitution.

Keep reading......

No, you can't put anything you want into a contract, and no, people aren't obligated to a contract if the contract is not legal within the laws of the US. Where do you come up with these ideas?

Exactly how are they trying to force them? It would take the act of our legislative body to enact that. You know of any other way? Have any or our representatives proposed a bill to enact some form of Sharia law?
Correct. It would take an act of a legislative body to enact sharia compliant laws. The request of islamic activists to judges to issue sharia compliant rulings is part of that process.

Maybe that is why that one Muslim Judge was found dead a month or two ago.

Why do you ask?
Richardson.
Maps
Feb, 1995
And a little of one of its in-house entities that was shut down for providing financial support to hamas
Federal Judge Hands Downs Sentences in Holy Land Foundation Case
https://www.investigativeproject.org/documents/case_docs/1851.pdf
And there is much more behind that Mosque, association

Should be the law in every state - except Kalifornya, Naw Yawk, and Illienoise.
Even enact a similar law at the federal level.

That -debunked by the left- poll happens to run pretty well parallel to polls in the U.K., Germany, France, and Denmark. It is just a tad lower than polls done by pew, ice, wzb Berlin, and others.
That poll was debunked for its poor methodology. And it doesn't even mention attitudes towards homosexuals.

This one by pew, does Religious Landscape Study

I don't think it's American muslims you need to worry about. In other parts of the world, it's a different story, like Chechnya.

We aren't UK, Germany, France or Denmark...in case you hadn't noticed. Pew is far more reputable and it's non-partisan.

This video tells a real different story how ISIS " radical Muslims" will throw gays right the fk off a building.

Yes. That's ISIS. What's your point? I don't think anyone wants to let ISIS in.

It's child abuse. Not culture.

How many kids are left locked in cars in the summer?

No, you can't put anything you want into a contract, and no, people aren't obligated to a contract if the contract is not legal within the laws of the US. Where do you come up with these ideas?

Parties to a contract can agree on what ever kind of arbitration they want.

Parties to a contract can agree on what ever kind of arbitration they want.

So you are amending your previous statement -"

Again, signers of a contract can put anything they want to in it, and they are obligated to go by those pre-agreed restrictions. Other than that, we have our laws and that is what we go by.

Why do you ask?
Richardson.
Maps
Feb, 1995
And a little of one of its in-house entities that was shut down for providing financial support to hamas
Federal Judge Hands Downs Sentences in Holy Land Foundation Case
https://www.investigativeproject.org/documents/case_docs/1851.pdf
And there is much more behind that Mosque, association

Not sure why you are screwing up the quote function as you are, but stop it . it's dumb.
Your links are certainly anti-Muslim, but have nothing to do with enacting Sharia law in Texas. Why did you think they did?

Forum List

Back