Texas AG folds -- drops lawsuit to block Obama's resettling of Syrian refugees

johnwk

Gold Member
May 24, 2009

See, Texas backs down from effort to block Syrian refugees

December 05, 2015

”Texas backed down Friday from efforts to block six Syrian refugees from resettling in Dallas after the Obama administration reiterated in federal court that the state had no authority to do so.

The swift reversal diffused a standoff Texas started after becoming the first state to sue the U.S. government in efforts to turn away Syrians following the terrorist attacks in Paris.

The path is now cleared for the Syrian family, which includes two young children and their grandparents, to arrive as planned Monday without interference from state Republican leaders, who questioned whether the refugees posed a threat to public safety.”

The Texas Attorney General, Ken Paxton, seems to have put on a good show by filing a suit to block Obama’s attempt to force Texas to accept Syrian Refugees. But now he seems to be working in concert with Obama to allow these unwanted foreigners to resettle in Texas.

The fact is, our President is not authorized under the Constitution to compel a state to accept unwanted foreigners. The States have never ceded their original policing powers over immigration, and a power not delegated to the federal government is a power retained under the Tenth Amendment!

Additionally, Obama’s argument that Texas "has made no showing that these refugees pose any threat, much less an imminent one, to the safety or security of Texas residents or any other Americans," is not a legal argument which carries any weight in court deciding if a State must accept Obama’s refugees. Every state is free to adopt their own rules in this regard and our federal courts are not authorized to second guess policy decisions made by a state regarding immigration! This rule, that courts are not authorized to sit in judgement over a state’s policy making decisions, was confirmed by our very own Supreme Court!

"…..we are not at liberty to second-guess congressional determinations and policy judgments of this order, however debatable or arguably unwise they may be…The wisdom of Congress' action, however, is not within our province to second guess." See, ELDRED etal. v. ASHCROFT, ATTORNEY GENERAL (2003)

So why is the Texas AG folding like a cheap suit?

JWK

When will the America People realize we have an Islamic cell operating out of our nation's White House? Will they come to this conclusion when Islamic terrorist activities begin in our southern Border States or cities like New York City?

Some of us already know that we have an islamic cell in the white hut.

Some is correct.

JWK

The surest way for Obama to accomplish his fundamental transformation of America is to flood America with the poverty stricken and destitute populations of other countries.

Well Barry and his boobs don't seem to care that the majority of Americans don't want these refugee's in America. Far be it from him to pay attention to what the American people want.

As for this family just who is going to pay for these people??

Oh wait. I forgot. We taxpayers will get hosed to pay for these non Americans that Barry let into America. What was I thinking. Of course we taxpayers will provide all for these people. Never mind.

Well Barry and his boobs don't seem to care that the majority of Americans don't want these refugee's in America. Far be it from him to pay attention to what the American people want.

As for this family just who is going to pay for these people??

Oh wait. I forgot. We taxpayers will get hosed to pay for these non Americans that Barry let into America. What was I thinking. Of course we taxpayers will provide all for these people. Never mind.

And, Barry and his pals have yet to answer the following:

Under what wording in our Constitution has our federal government been granted authority to admit foreigners onto American soil and then resettled them in States unwilling to take them? Seems to me a power not granted is a power denied!

Indeed! One of Obama's objectives is to make American citizens tax slaves to support the economic needs of 10s of millions of aliens.

JWK

The surest way for Obama to accomplish his fundamental transformation of America is to flood America with the poverty stricken and destitute populations of other countries.

Under what wording in our Constitution has our federal government been granted authority to admit foreigners onto American soil and then resettled them in States unwilling to take them? Seems to me a power not granted is a power denied!

The sad thing is that you have the right to procreate without being prosecuted for manufacturing WMDs.

The sad thing is that you have the right to procreate without being prosecuted for manufacturing WMDs.

Wrong. The sad thing is, you are allowed to post pejorative personal attacks toward other posters.

JWK

Forum List

Back