Tesla Bankruptcy Looms!

it is very likely that EV will be less than the ICE, but if the number of EVs increases not less than one million a year (this is just a plan for only one Tesla in 2020), it needs to increase the installed "real" power by at least 50 GWh per year. And without "fossil" energy this is unsolvable.

What's actually unsolvable is all this desperate, breathless crying in obvious defense of nothing but pure corporate profit for billionaires. Mom/pop investor and corporate tax revenues gained? Who cares? Net great, American, long term jobs generated? Pffft! New technology produced and open sourced, thereby "subsidizing" the entire planet...? Crickets... Apparently couldn't care less. Damn the environment and all hope of preserving anything for our children's children. Max waste and pollution full speed ahead!

And 'Without "fossil" energy'? This one keeps reappearing?.. Who's the putz who asserted that it was ever in danger of disappearing altogether?
BAAAMP. Survey says: Shameless Red Herring!
redherring.gif

Putting "fossil" in quotes? As if there were some mystery as to its true meaning or something? BAAAMP. Bullshit!
"Tesla Bankruptcy Looms!" BAAAMP. Baloney!

Notable Statistics
In 2016, the United States solar market produced these key figures:

• The U.S. solar market nearly doubled its capacity in 2016 compared to results from 2015.
  • Solar ranked as the #1 source of new electric generating capacity additions.
  • Non-residential PV was up 49% from 2015.
  • For Q2 2017, U.S. solar added 2.4 GW of capacity, making it the second-largest second quarter in history.
The Emerging United States Solar Market | Seeking Alpha

As the demand for electricity grows with the sale of more and more EV's, you will see more individual households installing residential PV solar in 5 kw and 10 kw packages in the US. That will take care of some of the demand. At the same time, I think that we are going to see and explosion of PV mounted on the roofs of warehouses, malls, industrial, and commercial businesses. A source of income for the businesses, and a source of generation for the utilities for which they do not have to pay the maintenance or installation bill.
How well is that going to work now that the massive Obama administration subsidies are gone ?

Republicans are desperate to keep the Middle East’s oil industry roaring
Not me I want to take advantage of our own resouces but the left doesn't . Why do you lefties want us reliant on foreign oil ?
The US now has more oil than Saudi Arabia or Russia
Already knew that. Until we do away with oil, all those nutjobs in the Middle East get to fund terrorists with billions of dollars. Why do you want that to continue?

People are already experimenting with things like car paint that acts like a solar panel..

It’ll never fly becouse effective area will not be more than two-three square meters, and if the paint has an efficiency of 30% (which is very much), then the cars will have "the installed power of solar charging" 600 -900Wh

Sure, the math doesn't add up now, but they're working on it, not just complaining like you folks here.

I agree and I "don't mind" an electric vehicle, Tesla or renewable energy sources, I'm just trying to say that an electric car isn't a threat to the "oil reserves".

24% is the theoretical maximum efficiency for solar modules. This should increase as technology improves, but over the last 30 years it hasn't. My system (which I grant you is ancient) only produces around 11% efficiency, and that on a good day.

Not me I want to take advantage of our own resouces but the left doesn't . Why do you lefties want us reliant on foreign oil ?
Already knew that. Until we do away with oil, all those nutjobs in the Middle East get to fund terrorists with billions of dollars. Why do you want that to continue?

We don't, but the current level of technology for renewables means that we, the first world, would have to devolve to Bronze Age tech to meet the fantasy goals of the green silly people. That would make us easy pickings for those terrorists you claim to care so much about.

No, I cannot agree at all. You see, the development of the fast charging glass batteries is going much faster than expected. In less than a decade, the EV's will be less costly than the ICE's, as well as faster and more dependable.

And when that wonderful day happens there won't be any need to compel people to change over. They will do so happily because people aren't dumb. Unlike your low opinion of them.

We don't, but the current level of technology for renewables means that we, the first world, would have to devolve to Bronze Age tech to meet the fantasy goals of the green silly people. That would make us easy pickings for those terrorists you claim to care so much about.

Hey dumbfuck, developing new technologies is not "devolving to the bronze age."

Not me I want to take advantage of our own resources but the left doesn't . Why do you lefties want us reliant on foreign oil ?
You seem to have missed something in my post, the important part where I state that we need to take advantage of our own resources. Electric cars are nowhere near as cost effective as internal combustion

Not me I want to take advantage of our own resources but the left doesn't . Why do you lefties want us reliant on foreign oil ?
You seem to have missed something in my post, the important part where I state that we need to take advantage of our own resources. Electric cars are nowhere near as cost effective as internal combustion
Yeah, and once upon a time horse salesmen were telling people that engines were stupid.

No its not, but forcing underperforming technology on the public just so a few can get super rich and feel warm and fuzzy isn't the way a modern society should act

Yeah, and once upon a time horse salesmen were telling people that engines were stupid.
What ? No one is saying that electric cars are stupid. For now they can't compare to a internal combustion engine.

No its not, but forcing underperforming technology on the public just so a few can get super rich and feel warm and fuzzy isn't the way a modern society should act
God you fucks are always such victims :rolleyes:

Let's keep doing it your way to keep your super rich heroes happy:

main-qimg-eb97edae93fa4778e3a9143b88ff2118-c

24F5993300000578-2923032-Death_Saudi_Arabia_s_King_Abdullah_bin_Abdulaziz_has_died_aged_9-m-4_1421997911575.jpg

putin-laughing.jpg

koch_bros_composite2.jpg

abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-581199-1499820470.jpg

Tesla just has to start delivering cars, today have over 400,000 on backorder and that plant isn't producing shit.
I've seen some of the tooling, and they have plenty of issues. as there tooling is not designed to produce quality in large volumes.
They were better off with there $150K hand built vehicles.
The market is about to be flooded with electric urban commuter vehicles from both foreign and domestic manufactures . An100% electric still doesn't work for me for range and charging time, but maybe some day soon.

The stated goals of the green silly people, are unobtainable without a draconian cut in production on the part of the USA. This is based on what they want. It is not my fault that you're too ignorant to understand what their demands entail.

The stated goals of the green silly people, are unobtainable without a draconian cut in production on the part of the USA. This is based on what they want. It is not my fault that you're too ignorant to understand what their demands entail.
Khomeini and Al Baghdadi appreciate your war on new energies.

Yes, and all the billionaires running your life thank you for being so stupid as to demand that everyone switch over to horribly inefficient systems to enrich them, and help those assholes that you named by weakening this country. Great job, clown boy.

Yes, and all the billionaires running your life thank you for being so stupid as to demand that everyone switch over to horribly inefficient systems to enrich them, and help those assholes that you named by weakening this country. Great job, clown boy.
Yeah the terrorists all funded by oil are really thrilled that people are working on dropping oil :rolleyes:

God your such a trash poster.

Yeah the terrorists all funded by oil are really thrilled that people are working on dropping oil :rolleyes:

God your such a trash poster.

Terrorists funded by oil seek out weak people to attack. Renewables, as they are now, and for the moderate future, are losers. They can't compete with fossil fuels. Thus, a thinking person can figure out that switching over now, before they can compete is stupid, and will weaken us, which will enable those bastards to harm us more. In other words, moron, it is you who are the "trash poster".

You are divested from reality which is a common problem with morons, like you.

Forum List

Back