Tesla Bankruptcy Looms!

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Temecula California
Something about rolling to a dead stop between cities just doesn't sound good.

Something about rolling to a dead stop between cities just doesn't sound good.
Well now, when someone like you is stupid enough not to stop for fuel, or electrons in this case, they deserve a little walk. Maybe it will clear a little of the cobwebs from your old noggin. And the roadster shows the direction that Tesla is moving. 620 miles on a single charge. I bet within 3 to 5 years that will be the range of the S, 3, and X. A semi with a 500 mile range with an 80,000 lb load. Those are figures that will get Tesla a lot of business.

Tesla: Enormous Battery Powers Australia's Outback

RTTNews
Dec. 1, 2017, 10:18 AM

(RTTNews) - Tesla has switched on the world's biggest lithium ion battery in Australia, delivering on Chief Executive Elon Musk's promise to build the battery in 100 days. The giant battery was plugged into the Australian state grid on Friday - the first day of the Australian summer.

South Australia Premier Jay Weatherill said that the battery began delivering power into the state grid. It will provide power enough for more than 30,000 homes.

"South Australia is now leading the world in dispatchable renewable energy," Weatherill said Thursday at the official launch of the battery.

Tesla built the giant battery under an agreement between the company, French renewable energy provider Neoen and the South Australian government.

Tesla said in July that it was selected through a competitive bidding process by the South Australian government to provide a 100 MW/129 MWh Powerpack system. This will be paired with Neoen's Hornsdale Wind Farm near Jamestown in South Australia.

Under the agreement, Tesla was required to deliver the battery within 100 days of the contract being signed or it would be handed over to the South Australian government for free.
Tesla: Enormous Battery Powers Australia's Outback

Another bet Tesla has won.

the-base-model-of-the-roadster-will-begin-at-200000-and-if-you-want-a-founders-series-vehicle-youll-have-to-shell-out-250000-a-reservation-will-set-you-back-50000-for-the-base-model.jpg

The new Tesla roadster. 0 to 60, 1.9 Seconds 0 to 100 4.2 Seconds Top end, 250+ mph range on one charge 620 miles Price $250,000

That price is 1/2 to 1/10 the price of the exotics that it will beat the pants off of. And it is an American car, made in America.

How long can a car company survive, not making a profit with zero competition? Or, when that competition comes, how long will Tesla survive?

Tesla is a dream that is bankrupt. Everyone knows it, everyone is talking about it, yet they continue to lie.

Assessing Tesla's Real Cash Flow

Assessing Tesla's Real Cash Flow - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

Tesla: 10-Q Deep Dive - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

It depends how long the tax payers of California are willing to prop the company up. Tesla loses money every year and the federal subsidies for buyers of Tesla EVs will be running out soon. Then it will all be up to California to subsidize the purchase of these cars.

Why do you think these cars will have to subsidized? As the prices for the batteries comes down, and the energy density goes up, they will not only compete head on with the ICE's, they will do so very successfully.

Why do you think these cars will have to subsidized? As the prices for the batteries comes down, and the energy density goes up, they will not only compete head on with the ICE's, they will do so very successfully.

Why do you think California’s government thinks they need to be subsidized? I think it is because they are more expensive than other EVs and way more expensive than ICEs.

Why do you think California’s government thinks they need to be subsidized? I think it is because they are more expensive than other EVs and way more expensive than ICEs.
And what would seem expensive if all ICE subsidies were removed?

And what would seem expensive if all ICE subsidies were removed?
Just bought a new Ford F-150. I didn’t get any subsidy. I would have gotten one had I bought an EV. I am not sure what subsidies you’re referring to.

Forum List

Back