Tesla Bankruptcy Looms!

Only in fantasyland. Renewables aren't consistent enough with their generation so industry MUST use fossil fuel powered or hydroelectric (the sole renewable that is consistent) power generation systems because they can't afford the damage done to machinery when the "green" energy system fails. As they do so frequently.
Yes, heavily subsidized coal and oil power MUST eventually be replaced with far more consistent battery stored power akin to Tesla Powerwall technology. But nice red herring. The point was solar and wind are used. No one even suggested fossil sources played no role currently. But go nuts why don't ya?
Solar and Wind are not sustainable. You can not build nor maintain Solar and Wind without fossil fuels to include coal. You can not manufacture Solar or Wind without coal, period. Batteries? How much will the manufacture of batteries increase the use of Coal? It will be substantial, after all, the Batteries will result in the next, largest, increase in the use of Heavy Industry, that is after Wind and Solar.

Often argue with stuff things don't mean?

What does it matter if a battery is more efficient if there's nowhere to recharge it?
And you also get to pay premium prices to go along with that limitation.
Either you are blind, stupid, or purposely lying. Many malls, motels, and stores have charging stations right now, and Tesla has over 1000 supercharging stations right now in North America, and more being built as we post. Also, why would anyone buying an EV not put a charging connection in their home? Do you install washing machines without any plumbing? Premium prices? Link? Or is that something you just pulled out of your ass?

Wow. A whole 1,000. Care to guess how many gas stations there are in the USA? Here, I'll help, 114,533 at last estimate.
Do you realize how many homes there are in the US with electricity? Do you realize that these are only the Supercharging station, not the plugin's at motels, malls, and supermarkets? And as Tesla brings up the range of it's vehicles, the range will exceed what most of us wish to drive in a day. Unless you are on a trip, you can plug in at home for a cheaper rate, or, if you have adequate solar, into your own system for free.

Yeah, I do know. Clearly you don't. I have a solar system, it wasn't free. Where do you clowns come from. And, more to the point, using my albeit antiquated system, it would take 72 DAYS to recharge a tesla.
Goddamn, is that one of those 2' X 2' panels for battery charges from Harbor Freight? Here is the reality of solar panels.

So, I was driving to work one morning on the freeway and headed down a long off ramp that leads to a city intersection.

In the middle -- not on the shoulder -- of the roadway was a Tesla dead in the water. All the gasoline cars were wending their way around it.

So I stopped and asked the guy, "Do you need a jump start?"

"No," he replied, "you can't jump start a Tesla."

"Oh, ok, do you need a tow?" I answered.

"No, I already called Triple-A," he said.

"Ok, I guess you're all set then, bye!" and I went on my way.

Can't jump start a Tesla -- that would be a major hurtle for me.

Bummer.

:D
OK, You run out of gasoline in the middle of that off ramp, what good is a jump going to do you? Lordy, lordy, at least use a smidgen of logic when you post.

Well, todays systems are far better than what you have. And far cheaper. Wake up, Gramps, this is not 1970 anymore. A grid-tie 10 kw system package, panels, wires, inverter, about $10,500. And that price will be less next year.

Yes, they are, and they are still not very good. For life off the Grid they are essential, and when the storms are blowing, and the power lines are down, we still have power for up to 10 hours which is very nice, but ultimately the Grid is essential.
Now when have I said that the grid was not essential? In fact, in all my posts concerning the present price of solar, I have used grid tied systems for the price examples. And, if you have a couple of Powerwalls in addition to your solar system, you can last a lot longer than ten hours. Like indefinitely.

True, but we are, or at least I was, referring to subsidies for cars, not fuel or power. Tesla sales would plummet if the buyers were not getting tax payer money to help purchase the cars they produce.
As would everything currently powered by highly govt subsidized fossil fuels. It's you - clearly, desperately, deliberately, repeatedly - missing the point.

The point is Tesla would have failed long ago without the government giving money to people to buy their cars. Go ahead and end subsidies for fossil fuels. Then watch the cost of driving your car go up, but not enough to convince you to buy a Tesla. Sorry sport, you took a tangent and ran into a brick wall.
Now $7500 might make a difference when you are buying a Leaf or a Bolt. But a $100,000 to 160,000 auto? Not really.

Analysis | Sleepless nights, broken robots and mounting pressure: Musk offers rare glimpse inside Tesla’s ‘production hell’

Tesla is mired in what is probably the hardest portion of that test, and it’s beginning to show. Minutes after the company reported a loss of $671.1 million for the third quarter, Wednesday, Musk’s voice sounded monotone, dispassionate and a more than a tinge irritable. The company hoped to produce 1,500 Model 3s during that period, but managed only 260.
Yes, that prediction by Musk is being fulfilled. An easy prediction to make. I have been in on the break in period in a couple of new mills. There is a reason why they call it a 'break' in period. It is hell. You find out about every mistake the engineers made in design, and the millwrights and electricians made in installation.

Could it be possible that the company name will be changed to "Solyndra II" just prior to bankruptcy?
Could it be that a lessor mind is very jealous of a more competent mind? Musk has done wonders in several different fields, and when his manufacturing is up and going, I suspect that he will be strong competition for Ford and GM, worldwide.

The point is Tesla would have failed long ago without the government giving money to people to buy their cars.
That is an abomination of logic in so many ways it deserves its own topic, but nice try. I'm sure something will continue trickling down upon your head from the billionaire club to compensate your stubbornness here - in your imagination at least.

Alright numbnuts, you are hung up on thinking that any subsidy for fossil fuels is a subsidy for ICE cars. Here is just another HUGE problem with you (lack of) logic. Just how are those electrons generated to charge your beloved EVs? Oops, yep, the vast majority is fossil fuels, non-renewables, and nuclear. Sorry, you loose AGAIN. Let me know when you tire of getting your head handed to you.
Electricity in the United States - Energy Explained, Your Guide To Understanding Energy - Energy Information Administration
About 65% of utility-scale electricity generation in the United States was producedfrom fossil fuels (coal, natural gas, and petroleum), about 20% was from nuclear energy, and about 15% was from renewable energy sources in 2016: Natural gas —34% ... Nonhydroelectric renewables—8.4% Hydroelectric—6.5%

True, but we are, or at least I was, referring to subsidies for cars, not fuel or power. Tesla sales would plummet if the buyers were not getting tax payer money to help purchase the cars they produce.
As would everything currently powered by highly govt subsidized fossil fuels. It's you - clearly, desperately, deliberately, repeatedly - missing the point.

The point is Tesla would have failed long ago without the government giving money to people to buy their cars. Go ahead and end subsidies for fossil fuels. Then watch the cost of driving your car go up, but not enough to convince you to buy a Tesla. Sorry sport, you took a tangent and ran into a brick wall.
Now $7500 might make a difference when you are buying a Leaf or a Bolt. But a $100,000 to 160,000 auto? Not really.

Well if that is your position, then you stepped into a shit hole with both feet. Who spends $100,000 to $160,000 on a car? Yep, those people are millionaires getting those subsidies. So the subsidies for Tesla is very regressive.
Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies
Tesla buyers also get a $7,500 federal income tax credit and a $2,500 rebate from the state of California. The federal government has capped the $7,500 credit at a total of 200,000 vehicles per manufacturer; Tesla is about a quarter of the way to that limit. In all, Tesla buyers have qualified for an estimated $284 million in federal tax incentives and collected more than $38 million in California rebates.

Tesla is in a very difficult situation. Tesla is trying to enter with Tesla 3 in the market of those who are in this business a hundred years. The mass production of "cheap" cars is fundamentally different from the production of "elite" cars. And mass production of "cheap" cars is a serious debugged process first of all work with providers, constant search the optimal solution between cheap, reliable, comfortable and so on. The main producers have taken a wait-and-see attitude on electromobile markets, that have resources for resources for mass production of electric vehicles.

And more one "bad" thing is a "low entry threshold" in the electric vehicle industry, "collecting Panasonic batteries in cassettes and connecting the inverter to an asynchronous motor" is not the most complicated engineering problems

How long can a car company survive, not making a profit with zero competition? Or, when that competition comes, how long will Tesla survive?

Tesla is a dream that is bankrupt. Everyone knows it, everyone is talking about it, yet they continue to lie.

Assessing Tesla's Real Cash Flow

Assessing Tesla's Real Cash Flow - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

Tesla: 10-Q Deep Dive - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha
Why are you against electric cars? They might hurt your oil stocks?

Then why take those thousands of dollars from the poor and the middle class to give to the rich? Hmmmm?

How long can a car company survive, not making a profit with zero competition? Or, when that competition comes, how long will Tesla survive?

Tesla is a dream that is bankrupt. Everyone knows it, everyone is talking about it, yet they continue to lie.

What's funny is you are so stupid you can't seem to get the simple fact that there is not enough actual real fossil fuel powered power plants to charge all of the cars that would be needed to replace the ICE powered vehicles already in the world. A complete switch over to EV's would INCREASE the fossil fuel industries profits you gasconading booby!

What's funny is you are so stupid you can't seem to get the simple fact that there is not enough actual real fossil fuel powered power plants to charge all of the cars that would be needed to replace the ICE powered vehicles already in the world. A complete switch over to EV's would INCREASE the fossil fuel industries profits you gasconading booby!
Actually, the imbecile is you, since my electricity comes from hydro power. Must be getting harder to find qualified staff here.

Actually, the imbecile is you, since my electricity comes from hydro power. Must be getting harder to find qualified staff here.

Wow, you are one of those who gets to use the 2.4% of the electricity generated by hydroelectric power. How about the rest of the world doofus? Do they not count? It is sure getting harder to find qualified posters around here, more and more they are uneducated morons, like you.

Wow, you are one of those who gets to use the 2.4% of the electricity generated by hydroelectric power. How about the rest of the world doofus? Do they not count? It is sure getting harder to find qualified posters around here, more and more they are uneducated morons, like you.
It'll take until the next generation when there aren't so many doofuses who are against renewable power. Young people aren't so afraid of change, especially when it's for the better.

PS People are already experimenting with car paint that acts as a solar panel.

It'll take until the next generation when there aren't so many doofuses who are against renewable power. Young people aren't so afraid of change, especially when it's for the better.

No, it will take until there is a renewable power source that is more efficient than the fossil fuel powered system they wish to replace. Take a look at biofuels. They sound great on paper but the reality is they cost ten times more than the fossil fuel they are replacing, and they USE fossil fuel in their creation. That is what is known as reality.

No, it will take until there is a renewable power source that is more efficient than the fossil fuel powered system they wish to replace. Take a look at biofuels. They sound great on paper but the reality is they cost ten times more than the fossil fuel they are replacing, and they USE fossil fuel in their creation. That is what is known as reality.
As I added to my post, people are already trying out car paint that acts as a solar panel. Don't be afraid. There, there.:itsok:

As I added to my post, people are already trying out car paint that acts as a solar panel. Don't be afraid. There, there.:itsok:

I have a solar system silly boy. You? I also have a water wheel that is in use when the creek isn't frozen over. You? I have been a proponent of USEFUL renewable power systems for probably longer than you've been alive. What I despise are idiots who claim that wind power is the "newest" and bestest, when they were abandoned decades ago in favor of the more efficient fossil fuel power.

Let me put it in simple terms so you can understand, you would not be able to live in your cushy apartment, tapping away on your computer if your sole power source were wind and solar. I am happy that you get you power from hydroelectric, that is one of the best power systems that has ever been developed, but the overwhelming majority of the world doesn't get to.

Only in fantasyland. Renewables aren't consistent enough with their generation so industry MUST use fossil fuel powered or hydroelectric (the sole renewable that is consistent) power generation systems because they can't afford the damage done to machinery when the "green" energy system fails. As they do so frequently.
Yes, heavily subsidized coal and oil power MUST eventually be replaced with far more consistent battery stored power akin to Tesla Powerwall technology. But nice red herring. The point was solar and wind are used. No one even suggested fossil sources played no role currently. But go nuts why don't ya?
OLD SCHOOL: Drive
NEW AGE: Drift

Maybe ecobuggies can be powered by snowflakes. But hurry up; they are melting as we speak.

Forum List

Back