Terri

SmarterThanYou said:
I understand that he 'likened' that to therapy, that doesnt actually change the definition of basic care. am I wrong on that? basically, what i'm saying is that something could have been done legally before something was actually attempted legally. The opportunities were there, I believe.

you play act so friggin well. enjoy it, im fucking done.

MyName said:
well then I will do the 'smart' thing and stfu.
I can do that pretty well - ask whom youre attempting to teach - Im not talking to him at all.

wouldnt want to get anymore threads locked up now would i?

I don't react to guilt trips; sorry.. Feel free to rejoin at any time.

guilt trips? youre funny. Fact, sweetheart. Not guilt.
Id appreciate you not crack-pyching my 'marriage' again.

Hi folks.

Can we take just a moment to consider that getting hostile and bitchy doesn't lead to anything but more of the same?

Disagree as enthusiastically as you want, but let's try not to make it personal.

:)

Whoaaaaa, hold up everyone. Why don't we let this matter rest in peace like Terri is now. The facts of the matter are as follows: she's dead, no guilt was established or found on Mr. Schiavo's part by any court or any authority at any time, he did do some things wrong, the parents did some things wrong, this whole episode was played out legally and above board no matter which side you are on.

All this poking sticks at the turd in the mud is a huge waste of time, lets move on, shall we?

If we don't move on i'm afraid the board is going to fracture and I don't think any of us wants that.

OCA said:
Whoaaaaa, hold up everyone. Why don't we let this matter rest in peace like Terri is now. The facts of the matter are as follows: she's dead, no guilt was established or found on Mr. Schiavo's part by any court or any authority at any time, he did do some things wrong, the parents did some things wrong, this whole episode was played out legally and above board no matter which side you are on.

All this poking sticks at the turd in the mud is a huge waste of time, lets move on, shall we?

If we don't move on i'm afraid the board is going to fracture and I don't think any of us wants that.

I disagree--controversy is good for the board. It's boring as hell when everyone agrees all the time. This case embodies several very important issues. If we talk we may reach some resolution. It's an old concept but still useful to this very day.

dilloduck said:
I disagree--controversy is good for the board. It's boring as hell when everyone agrees all the time. This case embodies several very important issues. If we talk we may reach some resolution. It's an old concept but still useful to this very day.

Dillo we've talked ourselves to death, i'm looking for new factual information on this but seem to get just straight emotion the last week or so and as we know emotion in politics leads to disaster.

OCA said:
Dillo we've talked ourselves to death, i'm looking for new factual information on this but seem to get just straight emotion the last week or so and as we know emotion in politics leads to disaster.

some people are obviously still interested about political, legal and moral repurcussions. Maybe the thread needs to be split. I believe we can either overcome our personal obstacles or as some do------just avoid talking about it. I tire of other threads and just ignore them. Can't others do the same to this one?

dilloduck said:
some people are obviously still interested about political, legal and moral repurcussions. Maybe the thread needs to be split. I believe we can either overcome our personal obstacles or as some do------just avoid talking about it. I tire of other threads and just ignore them. Can't others do the same to this one?

Dillo i'm not looking to close this thread, just want the emotion, personal conflicts and fighting left out. Hell i've been swimming upstream on this topic against probably 90% of the board on this topic, haven't seen me getting personal though.

OCA said:
Dillo i'm not looking to close this thread, just want the emotion, personal conflicts and fighting left out. Hell i've been swimming upstream on this topic against probably 90% of the board on this topic, haven't seen me getting personal though.

Gotcha-----maybe we need a forum where people can go and just duke it out with words.

ScreamingEagle said:
Astute article Adam's Apple. The ghouls on the Left are definitely salivating now that poor Terri was legally tortured and killed with absolutely no compunction on their part...

You have to wonder where all the human rights groups were? Still worried about underwear on terrroists heads I suppose?

Shattered said:
A LOT of the reasons the Shindler's claims/requests were denied was because of *timing*. Had they managed to get *everything* filed in the proper amount of time, again, I think the outcome would have been drastically different. Instead, many legal timelines elapsed, whether due to inability to think straight given the situation, panicking, or just choosing the wrong issues to fight at the wrong times...

What still bothers me so much about this is the mistaken notion that all these judges looked at the whole case and gave her due process, and arrived at their decisions based on that.
Judge Greer was the first to look at the case so he decided what evidence was to be looked at and what he could leave out. Problem is he decided to leave out a lot of testimony from very credible people whose testimony conflicted with Michael's, and he essentially dismissed it all as nonsensical fodder. So subsequently the case that made it's way around to the other courts like a bouncing ball contained only the evidence Greer allowed in. These other judges never saw any of the other evidence by the nurses, other doctors, etc. It was almost as if he just couldn't be bothered and was annoyed that his ruling was being appealed so much. If those are the kind of judges making life or death decisions then we are all in trouble.

And boy did Terri pay for her decision to marry that bastard!
Ladies choose wisely who you marry!!

freeandfun1 said:
awww, but it was a fun thought! :2guns:

Don't we already have that??? There are so many ways to say f*ck you withou actually saying it, just takes a bit more finesse :teeth:

Bonnie said:
Don't we already have that??? There are so many ways to say f*ck you withou actualy saying it, just takes a bit more finesse :teeth:

Yes there are many more ways....but sometimes a stern fuck can be very useful.

OCA said:
Yes there are many more ways....but sometimes a stern fuck can be very useful.

did you mean for that to come out the way it did? Are you saying a "stern fuck[ing]" is useful now and then? :laugh:

Forum List

Back