Teresa Heinz pays a 12.8% Tax rate

Oh but Avatar,

The little kerry cheerleaders will tell you that he was within the confines of the law, which may or may not be true, but if he feels that strongly that higher income people should pay the governments bill then he should with himself and lead by example.

Isn't it a sad situation when probably those of us who participate on this board pay more in taxes than Mrs. Kerry, but are not even close to her financial status? Tax loopholes that permit her to pay such a low tax rate, considering her ability to pay more, should be plugged--and fast. Hope everyone will send his or her Congressman a letter of complaint.

Adam's Apple said:
Isn't it a sad situation when probably those of us who participate on this board pay more in taxes than Mrs. Kerry, but are not even close to her financial status? Tax loopholes that permit her to pay such a low tax rate, considering her ability to pay more, should be plugged--and fast. Hope everyone will send his or her Congressman a letter of complaint.

This is exactly why everyone should have a flat tax rate and there should be no loopholes for anyone. either that or we should move to a sales tax.

This is exactly why everyone should have a flat tax rate and there should be no loopholes for anyone. either that or we should move to a sales tax.

i totally agree. with the sales tax only, YOU control what you pay for taxes, not the government. I would GLADLY pay a higher sales tax rate if it meant no income taxes. I already pay income taxes AND property taxes, AND sales taxes on everything except food (from a grocery store) and clothes. The government loves to suck your money up.

The most ridiculous part of kerry's disconnect with those he claims to want to help, is this notion of taxing small businesses........Somehow in his brain lies the idea that this will create jobs somehow. It's really very simple, a company has room to grow and expand, they need more people to work but higher taxes means less money for more salaries, and alas less jobs created........there are only so many government jobs that can be created. Kerry being wealthy thanks to his wives has no idea what it costs to run a business. He assumes any business making over 200 thousand per year should be paying more in taxes, that's absurd.......Between insurance, workers comp, local and state taxes, accounting fees, salaries, supplies, rent, advertising, phone bills, unemployment insurance and on and on..where is this new tax money supposed to come from????????????

eric said:
Oh but Avatar,

The little kerry cheerleaders will tell you that he was within the confines of the law, which may or may not be true, but if he feels that strongly that higher income people should pay the governments bill then he should with himself and lead by example.

IT is within the confines of the law. Its the same loopholes Republicans in congress use to pay lower taxes. Its the same loopholes all rich people use to pay lower taxes. The difference here is that republicans arent blaming the Rich and claiming that taking advantage of prexisting tax codes is killing the middle class. They arent saying that they feel bad for the less amount of taxes they pay but then get all huffy when you ask them to pay more.

Kerry and Edwards dont care if taxes are raised on the Rich because they know they still have their loopholes to get out of it. Just like every other rich person. Which leaves the "regular schlubs" (aka rich to democrats) to pay for everything.

Bonnie said:
The most ridiculous part of kerry's disconnect with those he claims to want to help, is this notion of taxing small businesses........Somehow in his brain lies the idea that this will create jobs somehow. It's really very simple, a company has room to grow and expand, they need more people to work but higher taxes means less money for more salaries, and alas less jobs created........there are only so many government jobs that can be created. Kerry being wealthy thanks to his wives has no idea what it costs to run a business. He assumes any business making over 200 thousand per year should be paying more in taxes, that's absurd.......Between insurance, workers comp, local and state taxes, accounting fees, salaries, supplies, rent, advertising, phone bills, unemployment insurance and on and on..where is this new tax money supposed to come from????????????

This is SO true. My hubby works for a small business. It is considered small because they have less than 30 employees, and for the type of business they are in. Right now, there are actually 19 employees, and about 3-4 other competing businesses in the metro area, in the industry. This includes the owners, a husband and wife team. The owners are BIG conservatives, and fear what will happen if Kerry takes office. Last year, they took in $5million. But since they bought out the other 2 owners, they had to split that up, and pay in increments, due to the tax system. This caused my hubby to be laid off for 3 months. This year, everything should be straight. But if Kerry is prez, and raises taxes, this means that my hubby would probably be laid off every winter. If my hubby's boss has to pay higher taxes, how does that encourage him to expand his busness, to be able to hire more people, and even be able to keep them on during the off-season?

Forum List

Back