Tennessee Seeks tonBar Same Sex Marriage

You know, from around 1997 to 1999, I rented a room from a lesbian couple. And, one of the women had a 15 year old daughter. Cindy and Connie had been together for around 7 years when I met them, and their daughter Tawnya was a pretty normal teenage girl. She liked boys, did most of the same things that your typical teen girl does, and had a crush on some of the teen pop stars at the time.

And, I lived there for over 2 years with those women. If there had been anything even a little bit off about Tawnya (the daughter), I would have noticed it, because I was there every day.

Based on my experience, it doesn't matter the sexual orientation of the parents, but rather whether or not the adults want and love the child. Cindy and Connie loved Tawnya, and made sure she had a happy, healthy childhood.

The reason you didn't notice anything either is your own gayness perhaps?

Here's to a thumb in your eye big guy

No thumb, no eye. tl;dr. Civil unions were the ticket, all that was needed, but gays just couldn't be satisfied with being equal.

Civil unions are NOT the same as being married. This was pointed out several pages ago.

Who said they should be? Marriage is a holy coupling between man and woman.
So, only religious people can get married?

Ironically, my wife and I had a church wedding almost 20 years before we could legally marry.

If you married in a church, it was invalid from the very beginning.
Nope. Not true.

No thumb, no eye. tl;dr. Civil unions were the ticket, all that was needed, but gays just couldn't be satisfied with being equal.

Civil unions are NOT the same as being married. This was pointed out several pages ago.

Ironically, my wife and I had a church wedding almost 20 years before we could legally marry.

Nope. Not true.

Yep. Any church that would marry gays is not a church, but a cult.

Nope. Not true.

The Rev. Jerry Falwell is one of the greatest theologians of our time, and when homosexuality first became an issue, Falwell pointed out that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the garden, not Adam and Steve. No cultist has ever successfully refuted that, using scripture.

Nope. Not true.

The same. “Church” would marry satanists as well. When entering a church, mosque or synagogue I am careful to recognize if they have cult type decorations near the altar or out front

I see rainbow flags, drapes or insignia worn on lapels, altars, from choir lofts etc,. I turn on my heel & leave ; after saying a prayer for the damned running that place. Nothing can be worse than using a house of God as a front to coddle or cater to pure blasphemy.

What does that have to do with a state wanting the power of regulating marriage on behalf of its children affected by the definition?

Again, when you ban divorce for people with children, then you can come back to me about how gay marriage effects kids.

Divorce is a lot more traumatic. I've known more kids fucked up by divorce than having gay parents.

The same. “Church” would marry satanists as well. When entering a church, mosque or synagogue I am careful to recognize if they have cult type decorations near the altar or out front

I see rainbow flags, drapes or insignia worn on lapels, altars, from choir lofts etc,. I turn on my heel & leave ; after saying a prayer for the damned running that place. Nothing can be worse than using a house of God as a front to coddle or cater to pure blasphemy.

here's the reality... in 50 years, all the churches will be accepting gays, just like all the churches deny any role in segregation and racism today.

they'll have no choice, if they want a following.

but then the entire ideal of 'church' isn't something one finds in scripture either, unless of course one is bending scripture to conform to one's narrative

this then is the crux of the issue, why allow the 'church' to politically sanction what is a government bureaucratically administered and licensed contract bettween two individuals?

excuse me, we're not only a secular society, we've allgedly seperation OF church /state

the reality is ,the majority of marrige licensure is achieved by JP , the 'church' simply facilitating as the circus act clown show

Society needs to rid itself of the term 'marriage', for 'civil union' , thus removing the religmo's from the equation

~S~

This a pathetically piss poor argument against same sex marriage.
But not as “piss-poor” as your reading comprehension and sexism. The article was written by a woman. And she made that abundantly clear in the article.
So what that it was written by a woman ? That does not change anything and makes no sense! You seem desperate now.
It proves you either didn’t read the article or didn’t understand it. In either case, your credibility is shot on this discussion.

this then is the crux of the issue, why allow the 'church' to politically sanction what is a government bureaucratically administered and licensed contract bettween two individuals?
Congrats! You are now in the lead for the dumbest post of 2019.

While government has absolutely 0 constitutional authority regarding marriage (and thus has absolutely no business being involved), marriage was designed to be performed in the church.

You’re literally so stupid, you created the polar opposite of reality in your own mind. :eusa_doh:

This a pathetically piss poor argument against same sex marriage.
But not as “piss-poor” as your reading comprehension and sexism. The article was written by a woman. And she made that abundantly clear in the article.
So what that it was written by a woman ? That does not change anything and makes no sense! You seem desperate now.
It proves you either didn’t read the article or didn’t understand it. In either case, your credibility is shot on this discussion.
Interesting how you cut out most of my post which is very cogent and on point, and then have the colossal nerve to claim that I have no credibility. I am co.nfident that any thinking person who is reading this knows exactly who has the credibility and who does not

While government has absolutely 0 constitutional authority regarding marriage (and thus has absolutely no business being involved), marriage was designed to be performed in the church.

You’re literally so stupid, you created the polar opposite of reality in your own mind. :eusa_doh:

Amazing that you missed the part about Tenn. legislators creating 'constitutional authority' concerning who marries who........

Yup......state goverment of Tenn......hittin' gays square over their little twinkie heads w/their CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY , while allowing 1st cousin marraige w/o sterility requirements.....

deliv01-465x348.jpg

~S~

I'm still trying to figure out what tonBar means.

What language does tonBar come from?
You should have been able to figure out that it's a typo. It should read "to Bar"

*sigh* Humor is so wasted on Some People.

That was humor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all hard to believe that you don't grok it. But thanks for playing!

What does that have to do with a state wanting the power of regulating marriage on behalf of its children affected by the definition?

Again, when you ban divorce for people with children, then you can come back to me about how gay marriage effects kids.

Divorce is a lot more traumatic. I've known more kids fucked up by divorce than having gay parents.

Yep. The left loved it that divorce is now easy. It fucked up marriage. And then, after they sufficiently fucked it up, they can now claim that since it is so fucked up, that allowing any other arrangement won't hurt it.

Insidious.

Mark

Amazing that you missed the part about Tenn. legislators creating 'constitutional authority' concerning who marries who........

Why is this a problem? The left has been disregarding laws they don't like for years. Marijuana is still a controlled substance, according to the feds, and liberals in some states pass laws to over ride the feds.

Why can't a state do the same with gay marriage?

Mark

States should be able to do what they want for these types of issues.

Legal weed or not
Legal whores or not
Legal abortion or not
Legal gay marriage or not

If the state you are living in doesn’t suit you, go to one that does.

Why is this a problem? The left has been disregarding laws they don't like for years. Marijuana is still a controlled substance, according to the feds, and liberals in some states pass laws to over ride the feds.

Mark

Associating what pharmacueticals can be sold to who can have sexual relations is about as absurd as a chicken with a kickstand Mark
g1390238635206325193.jpg

~S~

Mark

Associating what pharmacueticals can be sold to who can have sexual relations is about as absurd as a chicken with a kickstand Mark
g1390238635206325193.jpg

~S~

Thats deflection. I knew the minute that the feds didn't come down hard on the states that crossed them that this problem would grow. Sanctuary cities and marijuana have now given other states the idea that they don't have to listen to the Feds either. Can't say as I blame them.

And its only gonna get worse.

Mark

Forum List

Back