Ten Gun Myths and Memes-- Shot Down

These are both red herrings; what method is "easier" isn't the point. Poisoning a city's water supply might be easier in terms of bang for the buck, but it's still not the point.

The point is that we do not have a flying-airplanes-into-buildings culture and we do not have a drive-a-truck-into-a-crowd culture. If we did, we'd have that problem (and a nice big map for Windbag to post in the name of truck control). But we don't.

Fairly simple: you deal with problems you actually have, not ones you don't.

The government cannot dictate culture unless you institute a theocracy.

Of course it can't. Who suggested it can? That's absurd.
Government didn't create gun culture either.

You just did. You want the government to fix the problem,which you are saying is cultural, ergo, you want the government to dictate culture.

The government cannot dictate culture unless you institute a theocracy.

Of course it can't. Who suggested it can? That's absurd.
Government didn't create gun culture either.

You just did. You want the government to fix the problem,which you are saying is cultural, ergo, you want the government to dictate culture.

Wrong again Batman. Invent much?

I made no mention of "government" at all. In fact you're the only one who's even posted the word recently.
So -- you think government is the answer to everything? Is that what they call a "statist"?

What is it they say about the word assume? :eusa_think:

You've never held, much less fired a firearm in your life, have you?

Actually, started off when I was around 10 with a 22, and later when I got older, I graduated to a British 3.08.

Then? Later on in the Navy (which I joined when I was 18), not only did I get to fire a 50 cal. machine gun, but later on, I volunteered for the Security Force and ended up qualifying for a Sharpshooter ribbon.

I'm guessing you've never served in the military, have you? (You started the bullshit questions ya fucking asshat.)

You keep saying you were in the Navy, and you keep ignoring the fact that every Navy ship mounts a weapon that is both fully automatic and purely defensive. No wonder people think you are lying.

So..................is it your opinion that everyone should have a CIWS system in their house?

Actually, started off when I was around 10 with a 22, and later when I got older, I graduated to a British 3.08.

Then? Later on in the Navy (which I joined when I was 18), not only did I get to fire a 50 cal. machine gun, but later on, I volunteered for the Security Force and ended up qualifying for a Sharpshooter ribbon.

I'm guessing you've never served in the military, have you? (You started the bullshit questions ya fucking asshat.)

You keep saying you were in the Navy, and you keep ignoring the fact that every Navy ship mounts a weapon that is both fully automatic and purely defensive. No wonder people think you are lying.

So..................is it your opinion that everyone should have a CIWS system in their house?

The problem with your claims, is that you use terms and wordage not associated with someone who is supposed to have the experience you say that you have.

The problem with your claims, is that you use terms and wordage not associated with someone who is supposed to have the experience you say that you have.

So in other words you guys are advocating word control? Good to know.
I like "wordage" by the way. It's a construction I would have used. Good to know it's approved.

Actually Pogo is a self aggrandizing, self proclaimed expert on everything, just ask it.

I like "wordage" by the way. It's a construction I would have used. Good to know it's approved.

I like the word "dolt."

"Pogo is a dolt." This encompasses every aspect of Pogo in a single, pithy line.

Actually Pogo is a self aggrandizing, self proclaimed expert on everything, just ask it.

I like the word "dolt."

"Pogo is a dolt." This encompasses every aspect of Pogo in a single, pithy line.

I like the word (term) ad hominem. "Ad hominem, subtract credibilium; demonstratum vacuum in cranium" as we used to say back in kindergarten in Rome.

I see you guys with the toy animals are just checking in to that school.

Yep, that is what I said.

So.................is it your opinion that logical fallacy makes you appear clever?

And I repeat, the ignorant claims you have made demonstrate that you have either never been around a real gun, or are flat out lying.

It does appear that way, doesn't it?

I like the word "dolt."

I like the word (term) ad hominem. "Ad hominem, subtract credibilium; demonstratum vacuum in cranium" as we used to say back in kindergarten in Rome.

This was not an ad hominen since it was not directed at you, it was more of a comment about your attitude.

This was not an ad hominen since it was not directed at you, it was more of a comment about your attitude.

My god Narcissus, get over yourself. That's directed at the two clowns in the very quotes that I quoted that you quoted, neither of which is you.

Newsflash: it's not always about The You :disbelief: - sometimes it's about The 'Roo.

My god Narcissus, get over yourself. That's directed at the two clowns in the very quotes that I quoted that you quoted, neither of which is you.

Newsflash: it's not always about The You :disbelief: - sometimes it's about The 'Roo.

Over myself? I didn't say it, I was just pointing out that the world does not revolve around you.

Over myself? I didn't say it, I was just pointing out that the world does not revolve around you.

No, what you said was, and I quote, "This was not an ad hominen since it was not directed at you". Ad hominem has Zero to do with who revolves around what. And it's not your ad hominem anyway. Butt the fuck out.

You poor little guy....must be tough for you...not getting the respect you feel you so richly deserve.

Unfortunately the only one here who cannot see past its purely partisan nose is you.

You poor little guy....must be tough for you...not getting the respect you feel you so richly deserve.

Unfortunately the only one here who cannot see past its purely partisan nose is you.

There's nothing "partisan" about identifying ad hominem. Or even purveying it. It's a simple logical fallacy, makes no point, and belies a master baiter with nothing to say. Matter of fact since you and Athena pulled those out of your collective ass, neither one of you has posted anything that's on the actual topic, at all. Empty pockets. All you can do is post about me. This thread isn't about me. But apparently it's all you have.

:eusa_whistle:

There's nothing "partisan" about identifying ad hominem. Or even purveying it. It's a simple logical fallacy, makes no point, and belies a master baiter with nothing to say. Matter of fact since you and Athena pulled those out of your collective ass, neither one of you has posted anything that's on the actual topic, at all. Empty pockets. All you can do is post about me. This thread isn't about me. But apparently it's all you have.

:eusa_whistle:

Except, as I pointed out, it was not an ad hominen. No one is using a personal attack to prove your argument is bullshit, we are just commenting on your charactor in general.

An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B makes an attack on person A.
Therefore A's claim is false.

The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made).

Fallacy: Ad Hominem

Forum List

Back