Temper Temper..

No reasonable American party representing American ideals has room for fascists.

With Christie's latest uncontrolled outburst to shut up a heckler, he's raising even more questions than ever about his temper and his growing image as a bully. As president, this guy is going to have his finger on a button that could start a nuclear war.. Is his idea of diplomacy going to be telling diplomats to sit down and shut up, you don't know what you're talking about?

In his latest tirade today, he told a heckler "I'd be more than happy to have a debate with you any time you like, guy, 'cause somebody like you doesn't know a damn thing about what you're talking about except to stand up and show off when the cameras are here," Christie said. "I've been here when the cameras aren't here, buddy, and done the work." Christie went on: "So listen, you want to have the conversation later, I'm happy to have it, buddy. But until that time, sit down and shut up."

In 2012, he argued with a heckler on the Seaside Heights boardwalk, waving an ice cream cone and accusing the man of acting like a “big shot.” Last year, a teacher, Melissa Tomlinson, accused him of wagging his finger at her during a campaign stop and saying “I’m tired of you people,” an incident he later said was overblown.

His supporters may think what this country needs is a quick on the trigger, put'em in their place president, but I doubt that will go well in the debates or at the polls. In the selection of a president, nothing turns people off more than a candidate whose image is that of a hothead and a bully.

images

Christie Tells Sandy Heckler in Belmar to Sit Down and Shut Up - Businessweek

You obviously have not lived in New Jersey and I did for three years. It took me a couple of months to figure out If someone gets in your face, you get right back in theirs or they walk all over you. I made some very good friends there once I figured that out.

I have lived in New Jersey for 35 years. Most of the people are very nice

If someone gets in my face, I ask them not to
Sounds like TT is describing South Philly ;). It's not the NJ I know

I didn't have any problems in South Philly, and asking someone to get out or you face usually got a laugh in Jersey. Telling them usually worked.

With Christie's latest uncontrolled outburst to shut up a heckler, he's raising even more questions than ever about his temper and his growing image as a bully. As president, this guy is going to have his finger on a button that could start a nuclear war.. Is his idea of diplomacy going to be telling diplomats to sit down and shut up, you don't know what you're talking about?

In his latest tirade today, he told a heckler "I'd be more than happy to have a debate with you any time you like, guy, 'cause somebody like you doesn't know a damn thing about what you're talking about except to stand up and show off when the cameras are here," Christie said. "I've been here when the cameras aren't here, buddy, and done the work." Christie went on: "So listen, you want to have the conversation later, I'm happy to have it, buddy. But until that time, sit down and shut up."

In 2012, he argued with a heckler on the Seaside Heights boardwalk, waving an ice cream cone and accusing the man of acting like a “big shot.” Last year, a teacher, Melissa Tomlinson, accused him of wagging his finger at her during a campaign stop and saying “I’m tired of you people,” an incident he later said was overblown.

His supporters may think what this country needs is a quick on the trigger, put'em in their place president, but I doubt that will go well in the debates or at the polls. In the selection of a president, nothing turns people off more than a candidate whose image is that of a hothead and a bully.

images

You obviously have not lived in New Jersey and I did for three years. It took me a couple of months to figure out If someone gets in your face, you get right back in theirs or they walk all over you. I made some very good friends there once I figured that out.

I wonder which New Jerseyans you are referring to. I've lived here for 8 years and nobody's ever gotten in my face, probably because they know if they do they won't have theirs anymore.

Most people in NJ I deal with I treat with respect and receive the same treatment in return

I was singled out by some of the natives that I dealt with because I had lived in California for 6 years before moving to NJ and had a different accent. After I acquired the local accent and developed a sneer, things got a lot better.

I don't know how the electorate would react to Christie's style, but I do wonder how many moderates & independents would welcome the contrast to Obama's style.

Who knows.

His style works reasonably well in New Jersey or he wouldn't have been elected Governor. I agree it might not go over as well in some other parts of the country.

I don't know how the electorate would react to Christie's style, but I do wonder how many moderates & independents would welcome the contrast to Obama's style.

Who knows.

His style works reasonably well in New Jersey or he wouldn't have been elected Governor. I agree it might not go over as well in some other parts of the country.

Yeah, one of my best buddies is from Jersey, and I can see that.

:laugh:

Who knows.

Even in NJ, Hillary beats him by 10 points.

Who knows.

I had no idea they were that crazy in NJ.

With Christie's latest uncontrolled outburst to shut up a heckler, he's raising even more questions than ever about his temper and his growing image as a bully.

"Growing image"? Growing with whom? You?

"Bully"? What are you, 13?

Who knows.

I was here when he ran for election and he never, ever spoke to anyone that way while campaigning. He came off as a big, cuddly small government conservative who gave everyone bear hugs.

If anyone on this board went into a rant like he did to Jim Keady you all would taunt that person for having a fucking meltdown.

Watch the video again and watch Christie so upset he's gulping water between spews.

images

Nothing beats having two crowds walking out on you while you're stumping for a liberal Senate candidate.

Just sayin'

Who knows.

I had no idea they were that crazy in NJ.

Cambridge University in England did a study years ago on the hostility and rudeness of people in New Jersey. People in New York are friendlier in that they will talk to you even if they don't know you. In New Jersey the best you get is someone glancing somewhere on your forehead between your hairline and eyes for half a second, and not speaking even if addressed.

After Hurricane Sandy when people finally got out of their houses after three days they were so shell-shocked they were babbling in the aisles of the grocery stores.

He's from New Jersey. They're all like that. They're even more obnoxious than New Yorkers, hard as that is to believe.
If he's going to win in other states, he's going have to look a lot more presidential and lot less like a hot headed bulling fat slob.

"Fat slob"

That pretty much sums up your thread, doesn't it?

No......but it does sum up your life, doesn't it?

Basically, our nutters are applauding a former planned parenthood donor and gun control advocate........for yelling at one of his constituents and telling him to shut up.

This is great. Think about it.

Bravo!! I love what he said.

He's not a cupcake (he eats them!) like the effeminate pansy Obama.
Yes, it's always good for the government to tell people to shut up, because the government knows best. Especially to cons.

I don't believe he was acting in his capacity as governor. Obama on the other hand, his administration tries to shut people up, on purpose. Just ask the AP, James Rosen, and Sheryl Atkinsson.

It appears that slogan belongs to you, my friend.

He's from New Jersey. They're all like that. They're even more obnoxious than New Yorkers, hard as that is to believe.
No no no no...he is a special kind of ass. I don't know how anyonecan applaud such a nasty blowhard. There are still towns that look like war zones Glimpses of New Jersey s recovery from Sandy - Beaumont Enterprise

Sure, but Obama blew the response, not Christie. My oh my how the rage is misplaced.
You want to blame how Christie governs on Obama?

Sometimes partisanship just makes fools of people.

Forum List

Back