Tell me the stimulus isn't working!!!

As I said yesterday, Obama was warned (and so were people like you):

ad.gif

Fiscal Reality Central

Only 11,000 jobs cut in November!

Nov. jobless rate falls to 10 pct., 11K job cuts - Yahoo! Finance

Unemployment FALLS!

Come on conservatives, spin this one!

you mean the stimulus that we were told would prevent unemployment from reaching 8%? that stimulus?

yeah, it's working just great.

:rofl:

Was that Obama's Stimulus?... Because it was already 8% when he got into Office at the End of January.

Either way, the Move Towards Job Creation has Begun... In Spite of Washington's Intervention.

When Jobs are being Created next Spring, Obama will get the Credit...

Doesn't Deserve it, but he will get it.

:)

peace...

They have set their platform on "the economy will fail" premise.

Yes.. indeed.. the Democrats sang this tune for eight years... I guess if you predict rain long enough...

Little asshole forgot the very next paragraph in his article

Still, the respite may be temporary. Many economists expect the unemployment rate to climb into next year as the economy struggles to generate enough jobs for the 15.4 million people out of work.

The fact is the stimuli (all of the stimulus packages from Bush to Obama) have been failures and were completely unnecessary... they were simply power grabs, political paybacks, and ways to increase government by instilling fears in the American populous.... and we'll all be paying for it for years to come

They have set their platform on "the economy will fail" premise.

Yes.. indeed.. the Democrats sang this tune for eight years... I guess if you predict rain long enough...

Ummmmmm....hate to tell you

The economy DID fail under Bush. We were thrown into the worst recession in 70 years. Did you miss it? it was in all the papers

Would the OP kindly explain how the loss of 11,000 Jobs in one month is now considered a success? Is is that we have become so accoustomed to large job loss numbers that when it's lower we celebrate that? They used to call that lowering you standards a little. I would also remind the OP of a few things,

Jan. 09 US Unemployment was 7.6%
Feb. 09 US Unemployment was 8.1%
Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

"I believe that legislation of this enormous magnitude, that by necessity we are moving quickly -- we're not moving quickly because we're trying to jamb something down people's throats. We're moving quickly because we're told that if we don't move quickly, that the economy is going keep on getting worse, and we'll have another 2 or 3 or 4 million jobs loss this year." Barack Obama 2/09
Quotes from Obama talking to Democrats about stimulus package | Geeky Weekly

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Job losses continued to mount in March and unemployment hit a 25-year high, according to the government's latest reading on the battered labor market Friday.

Employers trimmed 663,000 jobs from their payrolls last month, roughly in line with forecasts of a loss of 658,000 jobs, according to economists surveyed by Briefing.com.

For the first three months of the year, 2 million jobs have been lost, and 5.1 million jobs have been lost since the start of 2008.
2009 job losses already have topped 2 million mark - Apr. 3, 2009

I suppose one could argue that by lowering the standard on what is the measure for success for spending 750 Billion dollars, that less people losing their jobs is a victory, however, I don't think any one of those 11 thousand would agree with you on that one of the several Million who have lost their jobs since Stimulus has been in place.

Unemployment FALLS!

You know they will never be happy. They have set their platform on "the economy will fail" premise. Any information that does not meet the premise is rejected

Who is "they"?...

I Predicted the Turn Around in January of this Year when almost Everyone was Panicking...

It will be Slower than what we Witnessed Post 9/11, but it will be Rational...

The Irrational Exhuberance of the 90's has Seen it's MASSIVE Correction...

It was Coming.

Next Spring will see Steady Job Increases... Not the "Clinton Era" kind, but that, as we have Witnessed, wasn't Sustainable Growth.

Cycles happen.

Artificially Trying to Stop them is Ignorant and Wreckless.

These Plans by (43) and Obama to Spend out of the Cycle were just that.

In Spite of them, this Country and it's People will again Rise out of Bad Times.

We Consume... That's what we do.

peace...

Unemployment FALLS!

you mean the stimulus that we were told would prevent unemployment from reaching 8%? that stimulus?

Actually, it said unemployment wouldn't reach 11% -- which it hasn't. When Obama went into office, three quarters of a million jobs were being cut, now barely any are being cut -- it's almost a wash and you're telling me you can't see improvement from a net 739,000 less jobs being lost??? What will you say when jobs are ADDED? Where were you back in the '80s when Reagan was president and unemployment was HIGHER than it was today??

Now, I believe -- I just want to repeat, because I don't want any confusion here. I believe that legislation of this enormous magnitude, that by necessity we are moving quickly -- we're not moving quickly because we're trying to jamb something down people's throats. We're moving quickly because we're told that if we don't move quickly, that the economy is going keep on getting worse, and we'll have another 2 or 3 or 4 million jobs loss this year. Barack Obama Feb. 2006
Remarks by the President at House Democratic Caucus Issues Conference | The White House

Job Loss After Stimulus 9-09 More than 2.3 million Americans have lost their jobs since the stimulus went into effect, and that's a big chunk of the 6.9 million jobs that have been lost since the recession started last year.
Stimulus Status Report: High Unemployment Key Concern - ABC News

So basically, the President was right, we lost over 2.5 Million jobs and passed a 750 Billion dollar spending bill to have the same number of jobs lost. Not a very good investment.

Unemployment FALLS!

Actually, it said unemployment wouldn't reach 11% -- which it hasn't. When Obama went into office, three quarters of a million jobs were being cut, now barely any are being cut -- it's almost a wash and you're telling me you can't see improvement from a net 739,000 less jobs being lost??? What will you say when jobs are ADDED? Where were you back in the '80s when Reagan was president and unemployment was HIGHER than it was today??

try again, hack. why don't you drag out hoover while you're at it. :rofl:

"Back in early January, when Barack Obama was still President-elect, two of his chief economic advisers — leading proponents of a stimulus bill — predicted that the passage of a large economic-aid package would boost the economy and keep the unemployment rate below 8%. It hasn't quite worked out that way. Last month, the jobless rate in the U.S. hit 9.5%, the highest level it has reached since 1983.

The two advisers who wrote the paper, Christina Romer and Jared Bernstein, went on to land key jobs in the Obama Administration. Romer is the head of Obama's Council of Economic Advisers, and Bernstein is the chief economist and economic-policy adviser to Vice President Joe Biden."

Barack Obama's Stimulus Plan: Failing by Its Own Measure - TIME

Unemployment FALLS!

So Obama is an "it" now? Post a link where "it" said unemployment wouldn't reach 11% before "it" said it wouldn't reach 8%

The projections from a year ago showed the economy beginning to improve about now with no action taken. The stimulus is essentially no action taken as it doesn't really kick in until next year anyway. So we are proceeding as projected. I don't see how this is an Obama victory.

How can you say the stimulus is working and that it has caused these results when it isn't even really in effect yet?

Deja vu all over again. Take this a year back in time and you have the same songs with the parties reversed on the sides?

Funny as hell. :clap2:

Unemployment FALLS!

Clearly there is Improvement, but giving Barry or (43) Credit for Spending Borrowed Money is Absurd...

It's a Cycle... One that was LONG Overdue.

If anything, Barry's Negative Nancy Attitude and "Great Depression" Talk to get Elected Play a Part in the Emotional Retraction that came along with the Natural Recessionary Cycle.

peace...

Forum List

Back