Telehealth and Telemedicine

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Has anyone on here used these type medical provider services? If so what was your experience and such?

For a recent doctor's appointment I had a doctor that wanted to take advantage of practicing remotely but the clinic wanted me to have to drive to their facility and use their video connection. Being I have pneumonia and it is already too hard to breath I didn't want to be in their stuffy building with a bunch of people. Since the chemical injuries over twenty years ago most commercial buildings choke me and many times depending on what chemicals they use asthma attacks become more frquent during visits or after. I thought doing a video dr. visit would be great since it was merely a matter of going over recent blood test that were done. I could avoid all those things that induce asthma attacks. Alas when I requested that since the dr. was hundreds of miles away and just doing video it should be an issue to let me stay home and viceo conference too; what I got back from the local clinic's crew basically 'its good for me but not for thee'. "You have to come in". I deferred doing so after I fully explained why I needed to stay out of their building (especially until this pneumonia is cleared). Even perfume from people who use clothes soap or softener with perfume sets me off and with pneumonia my lung capacity is worse than usual.

I’ve used it for Neurology and mental health therapy sessions fairly regularly. My personal experiences have been very good in those two fields. I don’t believe I’d want to do it with my GP/PCP.

Forum List

Back