Teen punched in face by LAPD

• Banned
I have one thanks for letting me know it was still there. Got anything of substance to add to this thread?

While I stand strong against the unnecessary use of force by police, I really don't think we can make a judgement here without knowing what happened BEFORE that video started recording. If the skateboarder was compliant with police requests, for sure their reaction is an outrage than cannot stand. On the other hand, if the young man resisted arrest, tried to run, or to strike a cop...he deserves an ass kicking.

Gotta know the whole story before I could say one way or another.

While I stand strong against the unnecessary use of force by police, I really don't think we can make a judgement here without knowing what happened BEFORE that video started recording. If the skateboarder was compliant with police requests, for sure their reaction is an outrage than cannot stand. On the other hand, if the young man resisted arrest, tried to run, or to strike a cop...he deserves an ass kicking.

Wait a minute...

The kid is pinned by two officers and somehow in your mind there can be justification of the third officer punching him in the face?

I didn't expect to see that streak of Big Government Authoritarian running up your back...

Cops should take Bloomberg's advice and go on strike.See how the cop haters like their world then.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wait a minute...

The kid is pinned by two officers and somehow in your mind there can be justification of the third officer punching him in the face?

There CAN be justification, I could not tell from the video. A hypothetical: If the guy was resisting arrest and had attempted to run and had attempted to strike a cop, certainly hackles would be raised. If, in this pile up, the guy continued to resist and let's say, attempt to grab one of the cops by the balls or go for his gun, then hell yes, punch him out. It's an extreme hypothetical I grant you but one in which there could justification for striking him.

That said, it better be something close to that extreme before I'd give a pass to the cops here.

I didn't expect to see that streak of Big Government Authoritarian running up your back...

I'm just trying to be objective as I don't know the whole story. I may be a fervent limited government guy, but that doesn't mean I accept attacking a cop...if that's what happened.

If the cops hit him for no reason...throw them in jail with the thugs they've arrested!

Cops should take Bloomberg's advice and go on strike.See how the cop haters like their world then.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would love it. Wouldn't get ignorant fucking tickets for no seatbelt because they gotta meet a quota. I got more cops in my town of 2500 than I did in the town of 20k I live in.Obviously you think people need cops at all,or at the very least a few times a week. I have NEVER needed a cop and in fact never called one because I can handle shit myself.All cops do is lie,harass,and assault.Simple as that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back