Teen pregnancy rate up after 10-year decline

There's a big difference between women's rights and the right to murder.

A child is alive at the point of conception, we were all at that stage at one time. Doesn't mean anyone has the right to kill us, not even mom. We had arrived and given the chance, would have been loved if allowed to live.

You're not in favor of Abortion even when it comes to rape, incest, or mother's life in danger? :eusa_eh:

The evidence is that sex ed taught without encouraging abstinence is every bit as big a failure as teaching abstinence only.

I wonder if its occurred to anyone: Teenagers are Stupid?

This is why throughout most of human history, they have never been allowed in the same ROOM with the opposite sex without adult supervision.

I don't think they're stupid, just a lot more trusting. And they tend to believe Planned Parenthood (sadly)

:rolleyes:

Stupid, "trusting,?"

Maybe they're just more "Brave?"

Perhaps we can simply agree that poor, ignorant people living in the USA, are more likely to get pregnant than poor, ignorant people living in Islamic Theocracies.

But Why?

Because Islamic Theocracies do not condone the social mixing of genders. They might be living in a culture that's 800 years behind the west, but they haven't lost their grip on controlling the basics.

It's not because of abstinence programs, it's because of the free-falling moral decline (more pregnancies to start with at increasingly younger ages) and the Juno movie, there was an explosion of girls keeping their children to term

But Abstinence ONLY just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

Sure only abstinence works 100% of the time, but telling (teaching) kids... "Thou shalt not do it" only makes them want to do it more. You have to give them more of the facts. You have to make them fear the consequences without letting them know that you are trying to make them fear the consequences.

Immie

A child is alive at the point of conception, we were all at that stage at one time. Doesn't mean anyone has the right to kill us, not even mom. We had arrived and given the chance, would have been loved if allowed to live.

You're not in favor of Abortion even when it comes to rape, incest, or mother's life in danger? :eusa_eh:

I would be in favor of abortion when it comes to a mother's life in danger, but I believe that's the exception in Roe v Wade isn't it? I believe the count is about 49 million aborted because of that foot in the door.

It's not because of abstinence programs, it's because of the free-falling moral decline (more pregnancies to start with at increasingly younger ages) and the Juno movie, there was an explosion of girls keeping their children to term

Sure only abstinence works 100% of the time, but telling (teaching) kids... "Thou shalt not do it" only makes them want to do it more. You have to give them more of the facts. You have to make them fear the consequences without letting them know that you are trying to make them fear the consequences.

Immie

How about a video of AIDS victims? Why does no one ever show kids the actual possible consequences like they do to discourage them from smoking cigarettes, our school did an EXCELLENT job at that.

No, speaking just for me, I am not in favor of abortion even when it comes to rape, incest or the mother's life is in danger although, I can agree that in those cases it is time to shut up. When those types of cases apply, it is time for the pro-life movement to sit down, shut up and pray that their message about the sanctity of life has been received and understood as well as pray for the mother and the baby.

Immie

Teen pregnancy rate up after 10-year decline - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. teen pregnancy rate rose in 2006 for the first time in more than a decade, reversing a long slide, a U.S. think tank reported on Tuesday.

The overall teen pregnancy rate was up 3 percent in 2006, with a 4 percent rise in the rate of births and a 1 percent rise in the rate of abortions, according to the report by the Guttmacher Institute.

The United States has higher rates of teen pregnancy, birth and abortion than in other Western industrialized countries.

The abstinence-only programs, backed by many social conservatives who oppose the teaching of contraception methods to teenagers in U.S. schools, received about $1.3 billion in federal funds since the late 1990s.

The Obama administration's 2010 budget eliminated spending for abstinence-only, shifting funds to pregnancy prevention education that include abstinence along with "medically accurate and age-appropriate" information.

New Mexico led the states with the highest teenage pregnancy rate with nine percent, followed by Nevada, Arizona, Texas and Mississippi.

New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Minnesota and North Dakota had the lowest rates of teen pregnancies.

$1.3 billion to the abstinence-only programs? What a waste.

But hey, all of this new evidence is definitive proof that the abstinence-only program as a whole fails and contraceptive use by teens works.

Quite interesting which states have the highest and lowest rates though. :eusa_think:

Thoughts USMB?

:clap2:

Genocide of America and the American way of life by way of abortion was never my plan, was it yours?

I heard on the radio that today's kids are noticing the absence of other kids, realizing why and are a bit angered by it, if it's true the tide is definately turning.

That was the one thing that broke my heart when my first born found me and we talked at length about his childhood. Adoptions are so rare any more that he was the only one and he caught some grief about it. That wrecked me, and I thought, I wonder how many of those kids giving him a hard time about being adopted had aborted siblings. Probably a ton.
Teen pregnancy stats are highest amongst Christian fundamentalists.

No, speaking just for me, I am not in favor of abortion even when it comes to rape, incest or the mother's life is in danger although, I can agree that in those cases it is time to shut up. When those types of cases apply, it is time for the pro-life movement to sit down, shut up and pray that their message about the sanctity of life has been received and understood as well as pray for the mother and the baby.

Immie

Abortions are a thing of personal responsibility. Most women are not heartless beings and having a abortion does have an effect on them that they will likely carry for the rest of their lives. If they want to do that, it's their choice.

I can't tell if you're bitter about or proud of that.:confused:

Neither, really. I had boyfriends and dates, I just didn't want to deal with it....

"it?" Fear of snakes?:razz:

Well, you sounded more emphatic than apathetic.

But thanks for clearing it up for me.

Lol, no fear of snakes involved. Just wasn't ready for the baggage that sexual relationships entail.

No bitterness or regret over waiting until I was out of school...but honestly, I probably should have waited until I was 30. I was such a nitwit in my 20s.

Immie

How about a video of AIDS victims? Why does no one ever show kids the actual possible consequences like they do to discourage them from smoking cigarettes, our school did an EXCELLENT job at that.

I know every school here shows slides in biology, and they are not pretty.

Forum List

Back